Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Buy And Sell > The CP Power Ring
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-03-2016, 11:40 AM   #1
Drury18
Franchise Player

Exp:
Default LF: Handyman for Deck/Fence Renovation

Hi,

I'm looking for a handyman/carpenter/deck guy who can do a renovation on an existing deck. The last couple years it's developed soft spots and this year it snapped in a couple of places.

It's a 20'x15' square deck (18" off the ground) that I believe the joists/frame in the ground are still in okay condition and will not need replacing. I'm looking to replace all the top boards on it, build a very simple railing around it, add a 2-3 stringer staircase on it and possibly extend it about 4' to go the entire length of the back of my house.

Sort of picturing the finished product to look something like this design:

I also have a fence that is starting to fall over and I'm less optimistic about the condition of those posts as with one hand I can almost push them over. I'm thinking that project is going to be a little more involved putting posts in to properly build the fence. There's also the small matter of knocking down/moving an existing wooden shed out of the way to be able to build it as the previous owners of the house shoddily built the fence around a shed that was in the way.

If you have any recommendations for good work at a fair price, please let me know.
Drury18 is offline   Reply With Quote