Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-30-2017, 01:17 PM   #201
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamesAddiction View Post
The comments on her appearance were in response to those questioning why a match to her standards would be extremely difficult. The honest answer is that she has negative traits that male clients want to avoid, and apparently it had to be spelled out because that was questioned as well.

If you don't want to know the honest answer, don't ask the question.
Again, that's really all fine if you want to justify it. It comes off as needing to take her down a peg, since you haven't really shown why she's incapable of finding someone she finds attractive who also happens to be employed. That's probably a much wider pool of people than you think. It's not like unattractive people, if you're maintaining she is that, all pair up with someone who they find unattractive. Nowhere did it say her standards were high, but a group of male posters thought it "honest" (not disrespectful, that's only when you're talking about a man right?) to point out why she's incapable and finding anyone she considers attractive who also happens to have the very basic and common condition of "employed." The only difficult request she had was "taller than me" as at 5'10 she's a notch above the average male. It's pretty easy to say "It'd be tough because she's tall," but almost nobody said the most obvious restriction, instead you focused on her weight and how unattractive you found her.

But round and round in circles we can go. Honesty is great, but you'll only go on looking like a hypocrite if you condemn her honesty and excuse your own.

Whether you think what she said was disrespectful or not, put yourself in her shoes. You just got scammed out of $7000 and a bunch of internet trolls start saying you're unworthy of finding someone attractive and you got what was coming to you. I've seen a few posters making these "honest" insults get upset over much less. Regardless how you feel, I've exhausted everything there for me to say on the matter, so go crazy with honesty. It might just be a good idea to show her the same respect you think she should've had for her date. Maybe even more. It's really not a terrible thing.
PepsiFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 02:23 PM   #202
Amethyst
First Line Centre

Exp:

No wonder this company has apparently been running this scam for years. If anyone complains, internet land tell them they are fat, old, and ugly and deserve what they get.
Amethyst is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Amethyst For This Useful Post:
Old 04-30-2017, 02:30 PM   #203
taco.vidal
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

She looks like a nice lady. She looks like an average woman. I see women like this at work, in my neighbourhood, at family gatherings, grocery shopping, and everywhere else. She looks like a lot of moms, aunts, or neighbors. Probably even looks like the wives of some CP members.

I think she could have worded things better but I think she is upset about not only being financially taken advantage but also realizing this opportunity to find a mate wont be successful. Double whammy. She got ripped off and her heart played with. It seems like this thread is much more of an overreaction than her response was.
taco.vidal is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to taco.vidal For This Useful Post:
Old 04-30-2017, 03:23 PM   #204
FlamesAddiction
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by taco.vidal View Post
She looks like a nice lady. She looks like an average woman. I see women like this at work, in my neighbourhood, at family gatherings, grocery shopping, and everywhere else. She looks like a lot of moms, aunts, or neighbors. Probably even looks like the wives of some CP members.
Probably not an unfair assessment. And I would be willing to bet that no single attractive male clients will have that description in their profile for their desired match. You might get the odd hyper desperate guy that is searching for anyone that is nice like an aunt or mom, but most guys are going to be shooting for the stars or enjoying the single life. Especially attractive guys who are gainfully employed.

I don't know what the contract she signed actually looks like, but I do feel bad for her that she was so badly misled. I also don't really blame her for the public shaming of her date. It was CBCs failure to not write the story in a less offensive manner.
Old 04-30-2017, 04:11 PM   #205
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Are you actually offended?

or are you special snowflake offended for someone else.
GGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 04:37 PM   #206
FlamesAddiction
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGG View Post
Are you actually offended?

or are you special snowflake offended for someone else.
As someone who was technically homeless at one point in my life and know homeless people, I was offended. I don't see how the "special snowflake" comment applies. If anything, the man does not deserve public shaming. For her to assume that because of his situation, he wanted her to be his "sugar mamma" is arrogant and presumptuous.

Last edited by FlamesAddiction; 04-30-2017 at 04:58 PM.
FlamesAddiction is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to FlamesAddiction For This Useful Post:
GGG
Old 04-30-2017, 05:14 PM   #207
RougeUnderoos
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
As someone who was technically homeless at one point in my life and know homeless people, I was offended. I don't see how the "special snowflake" comment applies. If anything, the man does not deserve public shaming. For her to assume that because of his situation, he wanted her to be his "sugar mamma" is arrogant and presumptuous.
What is the guy's name?

RougeUnderoos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 05:19 PM   #208
FlamesAddiction
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RougeUnderoos View Post
What is the guy's name?
What difference does it make? He is homeless and obviously garbage, right?
Old 04-30-2017, 05:25 PM   #209
RougeUnderoos
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
What difference does it make? He is homeless and obviously garbage, right?
The difference is it's kind of hard to be publicly shamed if you aren't, you know, put out there in public.

You'd definitely have a point if they put his name and photo in the story. But they didn't, so...

RougeUnderoos is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RougeUnderoos For This Useful Post:
Old 04-30-2017, 05:51 PM   #210
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Are we allowed to say you'd have to be even more desperate than she was to date a homeless person? Is that honesty? Or disrespect? I'm so confused how this works.

Sounds like the homeless (or "camper equipped") man had expectations that were far too high. It's pretty unreasonable for him to expect someone with all their teeth, a home, and money. Clearly he got what he deserved by setting his expectations so high.

Am I doing this right?

#honestyisthebestpolicy!
PepsiFree is offline   Reply With Quote