Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-13-2011, 09:41 PM   #21
FanIn80
GOAT!

Exp:

I've watched this video about 6 or 7 times now.

I love watching this stuff. It's not about the games, either. It's about the stories of some of the things they went through in the beginning and the path they took. I just eat this stuff up. Rags-to-riches stories in the business world are like crack to me.

This notion that a couple guys could throw everything they own into an idea and turn it into a multi-billion dollar company 20 years later... it gets me every time.
FanIn80 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to FanIn80 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-14-2011, 11:27 AM   #22
Mazrim
CP Gamemaster

Exp:

Yeah, and I have to chuckle about their association with an education software firm. Pretty funny.

I guess my only gripe was that I was hoping for more details about them making the sequels to the Warcraft/Diablo/Starcraft games. After the initial game's info there wasn't much to be said I guess, except for Metzen orgasming over Warcraft 3 as I perfectly expected him to.
Mazrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 11:32 AM   #23
Sr. Mints
First Line Centre

Exp:

Warcraft was fun, but W2 was an entirely different beast. It was my first online experience too, I remember late at night, my cousin and I finally getting our modems to connect -- it was like magic.

It's a bit fuzzy, but did a separate battle.net version come out a few years later? I seem to remember playing on battle.net for hours and hours, and my cousin and I had fun creating team games, making sure we were on opposite teams and then killing our allies in a last minute ###### attack.

Then Starcraft came out, and while it was fun and I spent hundreds and hundreds of hours playing it, it didn't have the same charm as Warcraft 2.

Sometimes I miss old school RTS games.
Sr. Mints is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 01:09 PM   #24
Mazrim
CP Gamemaster

Exp:

Yes, there was a battle.net edition of Warcraft 2, which I believe also bundled the expansion in it.
Mazrim is offline   Reply With Quote