Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 02-21-2017, 01:51 PM   #2001
mrdonkey
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cannon7 View Post
I got it on the DL that the Penguins are looking to move Marc-Andre Fleury. They're looking for asset(s) in return. Keep it under your hat, m'kay?
How drunk was the guy at the pub?
Old 02-21-2017, 01:52 PM   #2002
Bourque's Twin
First Line Centre

Exp:

I remember seeing Bouma and Monahan 2 seasons ago at Charcut (not Charbar lol). Bouma had a massive cast on his hand, and I posted saying that Bouma isn't coming back soon. I got lambasted for not providing "evidence", but the Flames hadn't released any information on him, so I didn't want to get super specific on the forum. I have much better things to do than troll an internet forum. As a fan of the team, I know others would appreciate hearing about what I saw.

Scorpion posts a lot, but he doesn't make things up. He's earned the right to post speculation or hearsay.

I have heard lots about Gaudreau's off-ice antics from what I consider reliable sources. However, I'm not sharing them here because people will go insane, just like they have in the "miss the bus in NYC" thread.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bourque's Twin For This Useful Post:
Old 02-21-2017, 01:55 PM   #2003
TheScorpion
First round-bust

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sureLoss View Post
Yeah i get that. That is extremely obvious. Hopefully Scorpion learned a lesson

What I am talking about is the essential taking apart of some one's reputation when a rumor is posted. Huge number of PMs, questioning, and constant harassment if things don't turn out the way their source heard.

To be honest with all the scrutiny it really isn't worth sharing anything that doesn't come from a published source.
I sure have learned a lesson, I'm sorry guys it wasn't my intent to whip up a frenzy

It's just what I heard, I wasn't being deceptive in the description of what I heard but after the trade yesterday

I'll be more wary of my "sources" from now on

Since, according to most in this thread, this isn't a good source, can we move on now? Lesson learned

Old 02-21-2017, 01:55 PM   #2004
Knut

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourque's Twin View Post
I remember seeing Bouma and Monahan 2 seasons ago at Charcut (not Charbar lol). Bouma had a massive cast on his hand, and I posted saying that Bouma isn't coming back soon. I got lambasted for not providing "evidence", but the Flames hadn't released any information on him, so I didn't want to get super specific on the forum. I have much better things to do than troll an internet forum. As a fan of the team, I know others would appreciate hearing about what I saw.

Scorpion posts a lot, but he doesn't make things up. He's earned the right to post speculation or hearsay.

I have heard lots about Gaudreau's off-ice antics from what I consider reliable sources. However, I'm not sharing them here because people will go insane, just like they have in the "miss the bus in NYC" thread.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Knut For This Useful Post:
Old 02-21-2017, 01:55 PM   #2005
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourque's Twin View Post

Same here from a sharing information from a reliable sources perspective.

Have shared information I have received with friends, or posters that I feel are reliable via DM, but I don't post anything that is somewhat "controversial" on the actual message board because it generates a bigger headache then its worth.
Old 02-21-2017, 01:57 PM   #2006
Cleveland Steam Whistle
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheScorpion View Post
I sure have learned a lesson, I'm sorry guys it wasn't my intent to whip up a frenzy

It's just what I heard, I wasn't being deceptive in the description of what I heard but after the trade yesterday

Since, according to most in this thread, this isn't a good source, can we move on now? Lesson learned
I'm far more disappointed in your actually apologizing for you posts than I am the quality of your source in the original post.

Don't let these faceless Internets piss in your cereal Scorpion!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Cleveland Steam Whistle For This Useful Post:
Old 02-21-2017, 01:58 PM   #2007
MarkGio
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMastodonFarm View Post
Good...
Not good. Where the fun in that? I would way rather hear some insider speculation even if only 10% pans out. That's better than waiting for the next tweet to show up in the midst of utter nonsensical chatter.

What harm was done? Regardless of the source, the rumour was moving one of Jokipakka or Wideman. Did you really need to know if an Orange Julius guy or Bob McKenzie said "it could happen" for you to believe it could happen? Of course it could happen. They're bottom pairing defenseman. That's like saying a 4th liner could get sent down this week.

Lighten up man.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to MarkGio For This Useful Post:
Old 02-21-2017, 02:00 PM   #2008
MrMastodonFarm
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

lol @ lighten up. Sigh.
The Following User Says Thank You to MrMastodonFarm For This Useful Post:
Old 02-21-2017, 02:01 PM   #2009
Bear
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Seems like we're missing out on some good info because of the few posters who take themselves a little too serious. Shame.
The Following User Says Thank You to Bear For This Useful Post:
Old 02-21-2017, 02:02 PM   #2010
MrMastodonFarm
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Ah Bear, MMF's fan club is here.
Old 02-21-2017, 02:02 PM   #2011
Wolfman
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheScorpion View Post

Don't let the keyboard warriors get you down man.
Old 02-21-2017, 02:02 PM   #2012
Bear
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
My fan club's here.
If the cap fits.
Old 02-21-2017, 02:02 PM   #2013
TheScorpion
First round-bust

Exp:

I really don't want this to go on much longer, but when Flash Walken said that I pulled the same #### in the link he posted, I actually didn't... that was me asking someone about their source by PM (something I shouldn't have done), nothing like this. That was a completely different mistake.

Again, I'm sorry for posting a poor rumor, but I object to being called a ####ing troll

Old 02-21-2017, 02:03 PM   #2014
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

we're missing out on so much potential hand wringing.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nik- For This Useful Post:
Old 02-21-2017, 02:04 PM   #2015
Toonage
Taking a while to get to 5000

Exp:

Its all water under the bridge (not an unintentional troll reference).
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Toonage For This Useful Post:
Old 02-21-2017, 02:05 PM   #2016
MrMastodonFarm
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear View Post
If the cap fits.
You'd truly be surprised how little of any of this I take seriously. From now on I'll try to use more emoticons to make it easier for you and a couple others.
Old 02-21-2017, 02:08 PM   #2017
drewtastic
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
You'd truly be surprised how little of any of this I take seriously. From now on I'll try to use more emoticons to make it easier for you and a couple others.
With that in mind, could you please elaborate on the "man eating lunch" rumors? I survived today, but who knows what lays in wait for tomorrow?!?
Old 02-21-2017, 02:09 PM   #2018
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

Guys can we now get back to the legit trade discussion that this thread is usually filled with?
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to nik- For This Useful Post:
Old 02-21-2017, 02:10 PM   #2019
MrMastodonFarm
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewtastic View Post
With that in mind, could you please elaborate on the "man eating lunch" rumors? I survived today, but who knows what lays in wait for tomorrow?!?
Women sitting beside me during lunch had a Cobb Salad. She went on and on about taking her kids to see Lego Batman over the long weekend. Minutes later she mused "I hope they make another Lego movie!".

Lego Batman 2 confirmed; she's a Hollywood producer!
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to MrMastodonFarm For This Useful Post:
Old 02-21-2017, 02:22 PM   #2020
Cali Panthers Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Can we all move on now?

Trade deadline is coming up and there's likely to be actual stuff to talk about. I don't want to sift through this endless back and forth anymore.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cali Panthers Fan For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread