Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-28-2024, 09:57 PM   #4881
ma-skis.com
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Any tips for mounting a u-lock onto my bike frame? My bracket that it came with broke and there does not seem to be any easy ways to order a new bracket.
ma-skis.com is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ma-skis.com For This Useful Post:
Old 04-29-2024, 01:48 PM   #4882
RichieRich
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma-skis.com View Post
Any tips for mounting a u-lock onto my bike frame? My bracket that it came with broke and there does not seem to be any easy ways to order a new bracket.
You don’t want the lock to shift positions and become a hazard to the wheels, spokes, steering, shifting, braking, or pedalling. Doesn’t leave too many options without having lock and bike right there. Depending on size you may need a backpack or frame pack.
RichieRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2024, 09:54 PM   #4883
RichieRich
First Line Centre

Exp:

had someone fail to successfully pull off a coal-roll on me after they passed me in a playground zone after yelling that I was speeding because they had to speed over 30 to catch me doing 30kph. Yep... jacked up Ram in Bowness area. Their passenger sure looked embarrassed while they embarrassed themselves. Somehow I don't think they understood how many ways they failed.... or cared. Careful out there riders...
Old 05-02-2024, 08:08 PM   #4884
calgarygeologist
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm hoping someone can provide some suggestions as I bought my kid a new bike for Christmas and am looking to donate the old bike. I've done it previously but it was just one of those radio sponsored bike drives and I don't remember what organization was involved.

The big thing is that the bike needs a bit of work but it is fairly minor including needing new cables and housings and adjusting everything afterwards. It could use a suspension rebuild but for an 8-12 year old I don't think it would actually be necessary.

Who should I reach out to in order to get rid of this old bike?
calgarygeologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2024, 06:59 AM   #4885
Bigtime
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgarygeologist View Post
I'm hoping someone can provide some suggestions as I bought my kid a new bike for Christmas and am looking to donate the old bike. I've done it previously but it was just one of those radio sponsored bike drives and I don't remember what organization was involved.

The big thing is that the bike needs a bit of work but it is fairly minor including needing new cables and housings and adjusting everything afterwards. It could use a suspension rebuild but for an 8-12 year old I don't think it would actually be necessary.

Who should I reach out to in order to get rid of this old bike?
Two Wheel View https://www.twowheelview.org/shop/bike-donations
Bigtime is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bigtime For This Useful Post:
Old 05-03-2024, 07:30 AM   #4886
Bigtime
Franchise Player

Exp:

Happy "Bike to Work" day for those that celebrate in Calgary.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bigtime For This Useful Post:
Old 05-04-2024, 11:44 PM   #4887
RichieRich
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigtime View Post
Bow Cycle used to do an annual thing. Not sure what current status is. Will try to remember to ask when I see some of those fellas later this week.
The Following User Says Thank You to RichieRich For This Useful Post:
Old 05-06-2024, 11:45 AM   #4888
cral12
First Line Centre

Exp:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1787508081825628630
Old 05-06-2024, 12:21 PM   #4889
cral12
First Line Centre

Exp:

Posted in AB poli thread, but it'll quickly get lost in there:

My friend (and book reviewer), local mtn biking legend and filmmaker Joey Reinhart:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1787505214901416266
Old 05-06-2024, 12:29 PM   #4890
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

"How would you feel if your favourite trails in" Canmore were turned into golf courses and condos? Just fill that in for all sorts of situations.

Ya, it sucks. It will never be the same. Someone will make a lot of money, and residents of Alberta are left to wonder who the #### our leaders are actually looking out for, and then you come to the realization that no, it absolutely isn't you.

Then you get to be sad about the irreversible losses until you die. That's progress for ya.
Fuzz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2024, 10:09 AM   #4891
cral12
First Line Centre

Exp:

Sadly, this logging company that took over/bought Spray Lakes Logging is huge as well with tentacles in 60+ countries. Not sure how much difference it will make with this inept, corrupt gov't but I'll try and attend the open house event in Cochrane after work today.
Old 05-08-2024, 10:15 AM   #4892
Bigtime
Franchise Player

Exp:

Said company will also control pretty much all the wood fiber supply in Western Canada now. Will make for an interesting future for lumber prices.

/derail