Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-12-2016, 10:32 PM   #1
TheAlpineOracle
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:
Default YouTube App Not Working On Smart TV

Had an issue and was wondering if anyone else had experienced this lately 0r knows the fix. Bought a new Samsung Smart TV about a month ago. YouTube app worked until about a week ago. Now when I go to the smart hub and open it it just goes to a black screen. All other apps work fine. Assumed if I updated the app or deleted it or reinstalled it the issue would be fixed, but there's no updates available and I cannot delete the app because it comes basic on the tv.

Anyone else experiencing this? I can't seem to find much mention of it on the internet. Some people lost the app because their tv was older, but mine is basically brand new.
TheAlpineOracle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 01:43 AM   #2
Thor
God of Hating Twitter

Exp:

A number of things you can try in this discussion thread on Tom's Hardware:

http://www.tomsguide.com/answers/id-...ung-smart.html
Old 01-13-2016, 09:03 AM   #3
codynw
Franchise Player

Exp:

My Samsung TV is doing the same thing, but with Netflix instead of Youtube. Samsung customer support has been less than helpful. It's been about 6 weeks now. Pretty frustrating, as Netflix is the only app I really use, and it's the only one that won't work.
codynw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 11:40 AM   #4
TheAlpineOracle
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor View Post
A number of things you can try in this discussion thread on Tom's Hardware:

http://www.tomsguide.com/answers/id-...ung-smart.html
Thanks. I had taken a read a couple days ago at that thread. Mostly to do with older Samsung models. Mine is brand new. It's pretty ridiculous. Samsung was not helpful at all, and youtube/google is pointing the finger towards Samsung.
Old 01-13-2016, 11:34 PM   #5
TheAlpineOracle
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

My YouTube app is mysteriously working again. You may want to retry Netflix.
Old 01-14-2016, 03:23 PM   #6
TorqueDog
Franchise Player

Exp:

Consumer electronics like TVs and receivers tend to have short-lived support windows for things like updates. My Denon 2112Ci has had three updates in its life, my Toshiba 3DTV has had... one. Both are at least three years old.
TorqueDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 11:17 AM   #7
DigitalCarpenter
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAlpineOracle View Post
Had an issue and was wondering if anyone else had experienced this lately 0r knows the fix. Bought a new Samsung Smart TV about a month ago. YouTube app worked until about a week ago. Now when I go to the smart hub and open it it just goes to a black screen. All other apps work fine. Assumed if I updated the app or deleted it or reinstalled it the issue would be fixed, but there's no updates available and I cannot delete the app because it comes basic on the tv.

Anyone else experiencing this? I can't seem to find much mention of it on the internet. Some people lost the app because their tv was older, but mine is basically brand new.
I had this happen to me as well. I think it is an issue with the smart hub. Once I went into the main menu and launched it from there the smart hub started working again.
DigitalCarpenter is online now   Reply With Quote