Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-08-2015, 03:54 PM   #2001
Mass_nerder
Franchise Player

Exp:

We got the ps exclusive strikes and crucible maps for sure. I assume that means we can get ps exclusive weapons too.
Mass_nerder is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 12:18 PM   #2002
MyFlamesFirst
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheyCallMeBruce View Post
Any theories on what's going to happen in the Taken King? Aside from the Cabal being absorbed to become part hive, will earth and the traveller fall? Is that why we are getting a new social area?
I didn't know people played this game for the story. I just hope the raid doesn't suck.
MyFlamesFirst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 12:42 PM   #2003
TjRhythmic
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Liking the changes so far. Nice to go into crucible and seeing a far more variety of primary weapons. Sniper shotguns are still real though

Don't know if anyone has browsed the armory, I found what I'm assuming is the new Iron Banner Cloak for the hunter, and, it. Is. Awesome.

https://www.bungie.net/en/Armory/Det...fswood%20Cloak
TjRhythmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 05:43 PM   #2004
Teh_Bandwagoner
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TjRhythmic View Post
So any CP members wanna get together and play some rift this week. Mode looks hella fun
Played Rift and Control with a bunch of guys yesterday. Lots of new maps it seems like. So far it's looking like pulse rifles are the new meta. Though there were still quite a few guys sporting Thorns still. I'm gonna have to give my Red Death a shot in PvP this week.
Old 09-09-2015, 07:59 PM   #2005
TjRhythmic
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Bandwagoner View Post
Played Rift and Control with a bunch of guys yesterday. Lots of new maps it seems like. So far it's looking like pulse rifles are the new meta. Though there were still quite a few guys sporting Thorns still. I'm gonna have to give my Red Death a shot in PvP this week.
Played some tonight and it's was mostly those prototype rifles. A lot of auto rifles. Played on one map and the other team was using nothing but hard lights, went through one hallway and it nothing but blue bullets bouncing everywhere... killed me haha.

PvP was actually pretty fun. I'm really liking rift though. 6v6 when there is a single objective is more manageable as you more or less know where the rush is coming from, leads up to some good fire fights. And I'm also liking that there is gun fights now.
Old 09-10-2015, 08:49 AM   #2006
IliketoPuck
Franchise Player

Exp:

I played several games last night, mostly rift.

TLW is still very good in close range when hip firing, but is completely useless outside of 20 feet. Like throwing cotton candy at the enemy will do more damage useless.

Red Death / Messenger / Hopscotch was the most common primary I saw last night. Changes to fusion rifles are very interesting, I quite like how they fire now.

The new sniper rifles (Omolon / Hakke) have very generous hitboxes, I found myself getting headshots / body shots given to me that normally would not register.

Handcannons though....man have they been hit hard with the nerf bat. I get Bungie was trying to get away from the TLW/Thorn meta in crucible, but this is beyond that. They've killed an entire archetype of weapon.

"I am actually more excited for the Oilers game tomorrow than the Flames game. I am praying for multiple jersey tosses. The Oilers are my new favourite team for all the wrong reasons. I hate them so much I love them."
IliketoPuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 09:05 AM   #2007
mrkajz44
First Line Centre

Exp:

I haven't played after the patch yet, but all this sounds promising. It forces the load outs to be more balanced and you don't have to run hand-cannon / shot-gun to be effective in PvP.

As for the hand cannons, I think their range was WAY too much before, so the nerf is welcomed to me. Doesn't make sense you run hand cannon for range and shot-gun for close. It was getting so frustrating get taken down in 2-3 shots by someone at scout-rifle range. I think they've just re-adjusted hand-cannons to what they should be, a close range weapon.
Old 09-10-2015, 09:18 AM   #2008
Mass_nerder
Franchise Player

Exp:

Maybe I just suck with autorifles, but it doesn't actually seem like they were buffed to any substantial degree...I'm still getting beat out at distance by people clinging to thorn, when I'm using the original vanquisher.
I really wish I had the messenger, but I think I'm going to fall back to using red death.
Old 09-10-2015, 09:22 AM   #2009
TheyCallMeBruce
Likes Cartoons

Exp:

Hard Light is freaking awesome now. I love playing the angles to hit targets that are hidden. The over penetration seems to work all the time and is great against thralls. Too bad this gun will become obsolete.
TheyCallMeBruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 10:13 AM   #2010
IliketoPuck
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mass_nerder View Post
Maybe I just suck with autorifles, but it doesn't actually seem like they were buffed to any substantial degree...I'm still getting beat out at distance by people clinging to thorn, when I'm using the original vanquisher.
I really wish I had the messenger, but I think I'm going to fall back to using red death.
I actually prefer red death to the messenger, and think that it is overall the best pulse rifle in the game.

The reason autorifles feel sucky, is because they are sucky. Thorn's dot got nerfed, in addition to the general hand cannon nerfs, but it will still kill you in 3 shots. Autorifles are just bad in my opinion.

Another gun I had some success last night with was the Mida...still a very good option.

"I am actually more excited for the Oilers game tomorrow than the Flames game. I am praying for multiple jersey tosses. The Oilers are my new favourite team for all the wrong reasons. I hate them so much I love them."
IliketoPuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 11:37 AM   #2011
Mass_nerder
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yeah, the only reason I would like the Messenger, is to clear up an exotic slot. I love having an excuse to fire up Thunderlord. I'll just have to fall back on Pacifier X or BTRD.
I use Red Death and TLW equally, so i guess I'll be using Red Death more now, until I find something else.
Old 09-10-2015, 12:32 PM   #2012
TjRhythmic
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by IliketoPuck View Post
I actually prefer red death to the messenger, and think that it is overall the best pulse rifle in the game.

The reason autorifles feel sucky, is because they are sucky. Thorn's dot got nerfed, in addition to the general hand cannon nerfs, but it will still kill you in 3 shots. Autorifles are just bad in my opinion.

Another gun I had some success last night with was the Mida...still a very good option.
There was a slight buff to scout rifles so the MIDA is hitting a little bit harder now too. That one hurts a little with it not going forward. I love the MIDA

TLW I had to take it off aggressive ballistics as it took the range down to nothing. Once I moved it soft ballistics I was killing at range again. Not like before, but much further away. Plus with the huge nerf to perfect balance it needs to be on soft ballistics to have any sort of stability now
The Following User Says Thank You to TjRhythmic For This Useful Post:
Old 09-10-2015, 09:14 PM   #2013
Mass_nerder
Franchise Player

Exp:

Just played a bunch of control using bad juju, and was winning a lot of gun battles.
Old 09-11-2015, 07:43 PM   #2014
Mass_nerder
Franchise Player

Exp:

Mayhem is a lot of fun!
Gunslinger is treating me really well. Haven't bothered trying to run bladedancer since it's so easy to shut down.
Bad Juju seems like a great way to get a jump on the competition, as everyone seems to get their supers in approximately the same time in the match.
Old 09-14-2015, 11:47 AM   #2015
TjRhythmic
Scoring Winger

Exp:

This is a pretty cool thing. You can get a personalized trailer for the taken king

https://www.destinythegame.com/legend-of-you
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TjRhythmic For This Useful Post:
Old 09-14-2015, 02:58 PM   #2016
TheyCallMeBruce
Likes Cartoons

Exp:

I'll be streaming The Taken King tomorrow on Twitch. Starts at 11am. If you're bored and have nothing better to do at work, come watch us. I'll send the link tomorrow.
Old 09-14-2015, 03:44 PM   #2017
Iceman57
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TjRhythmic View Post
This is a pretty cool thing. You can get a personalized trailer for the taken king

https://www.destinythegame.com/legend-of-you

That was pretty cool, thanks Ty.

Iceman57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 08:53 AM   #2018
TheyCallMeBruce
Likes Cartoons

Exp:

We're live! Come watch us take on the Taken King

http://www.twitch.tv/gwaiah
Old 09-15-2015, 09:10 AM   #2019
Mass_nerder
Franchise Player

Exp:

My moments of triumph glitched, and my golden chest count was reset to zero between last night and this morning...
Hopefully bungie can sort that out.
Old 09-16-2015, 12:00 PM   #2020
Mccree
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

What is everyone's thoughts so far? I got my Hunter to level 40 and have about 200 light. So far I really enjoy it.

Mccree is offline   Reply With Quote