Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 10-13-2011, 09:16 PM   #1
Hack&Lube
Atomic Nerd

Exp:
Default Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

http://de.twitch.tv/esltv_event3?utm....amazonaws.com

This was broadcast live a few hours ago and is repeating. They are old pro CS 1.6 players playing CS:GO at the Intel Extreme Masters.

This is the first gameplay video that has ever been shown.

I'm not really impressed. CS:Source looks better. There will be two game modes. Casual and Competitive mode. Casual will allow you to buy anything at the start that you want. Competitive means you have to buy weapons as before and the matchmaker will place you with people in the same ranking as you.

Last edited by Hack&Lube; 10-13-2011 at 09:22 PM.
Hack&Lube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 01:10 PM   #2
gottabekd
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

So, I'm a little surprised that there isn't an active thread on this game. Had to go dig one up...

I bought it on a whim...it's only $15. I played a lot of CS back in the day (but never Source), so there is a lot of great nostalgia. It's nice to jump back into the same maps, and instantly know the strategy.

I find the game is really smooth. I get a great FPS, and it really feels like when I die, it was my own damn fault, and not just some random bullet spray. That's really important to get right.

Only complaint is that the map selection is a little poor right now. I've only played on official servers, so I'm sure there are lots of custom maps making the rounds. But for the official maps, currently there are : Aztec, Dust, Dust2, Inferno, Italy, Nuke, Office, Train. It would be nice to get more of the classics back.

There are two other modes: Arms Race and Demolition. Arms Race is a lot of fun. Every kill, your weapon is swapped out for the next in sequence. First one to get a kill with every weapon wins. Unfortunately, there are only 2 official maps for this mode. Demolition has a set sequence of guns with the same idea: every kill, you progress to the next gun. But this also has a bomb target objective, so it is very much a team game, but with this gun progression. I found it a little weird.
gottabekd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 02:16 PM   #3
woob
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I played hours and hours of CS back in the day. I've got a weekend mostly to myself this weekend, so I think I'll pick it up and try it out. Thanks for the review, gottabekd.
woob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 02:20 PM   #4
fundmark19
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Man I loved gun games! I should really try it out. Will it work on a shotty computer or do you need the latest and greatest for it to play well
fundmark19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 02:57 PM   #5
gottabekd
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Meh, if you have questions about your gaming power, I would stay away from any newer games.

I should mention that I was playing this on PC. There is a PS3 and Xbox 360 version, but playing CS on console would just be weird. As well, there is support for a mouse and keyboard on PS3. I would hate to be the guy with a controller in those games.

Really, there isn't anything new or too exciting here. It is just an updated version of Counter-Strike. But it is the one of the most played online games every, so that's probably a good thing.

One thing I'll mention is there are two 'Classic' modes: Casual and Competitive.

Casual means everyone gets armour every round (no buying armour), you always get full ammo for your purchased gun, FF off, team collision off.

Competitive would be more close the classic. You must purchase armour and ammo, friendly fire is on, team collision is on.
gottabekd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 02:58 PM   #6
Jbo
NOT a cool kid

Exp:

I have been playing this a ton lately. Pretty funny to see a new generation of players, raised on COD, come into this game.

Seriously, I haven't played in years, and came back with a 15 - 3 record in my first round. Lot's of terrible players trying it for the first time.

Tons of fun to get back into though.
Jbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 06:53 PM   #7
Captain Hair
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Used to play CS back in the day, too, before it went commercial, so I gave the demo a shot on the XBox 360.

Unfortunately, playing with a controller really really sucked. Beyond that, it has a good flow to it. I would hope it gets a lot more maps to work with, though, and I'll consider getting it the next time I grab some MS points.

It really bugs the snot out of me that PS3 owners get a keyboard/mouse to use. Microsoft recently introduced IE in the XBox console, maybe finally we'll get a keyboard and mouse too.
Captain Hair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 08:28 PM   #8
SebC
tromboner

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Hair View Post
It really bugs the snot out of me that PS3 owners get a keyboard/mouse to use. Microsoft recently introduced IE in the XBox console, maybe finally we'll get a keyboard and mouse too.
MS already has a platform that uses keyboard and mouse.
SebC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 01:32 PM   #9
Chonger
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

anyone wanna add me on steam and play some competitive cs? I want to make a team of flames fans. doesn't matter what your rank is.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
Chonger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 01:33 PM   #10
Raekwon
First Line Centre

Exp:

Super Necro
Raekwon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 01:37 PM   #11
burn_this_city
Franchise Player

Exp:

burn_this_city is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 02:13 PM   #12
Hack&Lube
Atomic Nerd

Exp:

As the OP, I'm constantly shocked by stuff I cared about 6 years ago...

Hack&Lube is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Hack&Lube For This Useful Post:
Old 03-21-2017, 05:02 PM   #13
Chonger
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

nm
Old 03-21-2017, 05:04 PM   #14
Chonger
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

if u wanna add me on steam I have 2 accounts. 1. Chonger 2. Johnny Hockey both accounts have flames avatars. let me know if your adding me cause I might not accept otherwise.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
Old 03-25-2017, 09:46 PM   #15
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Bought it today after reading this thread. Haven't play CS in at least 6-7 years and had a blast
btimbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 09:17 AM   #16
CroFlames
Franchise Player

Exp:

I didn't start playing CS in any capacity until I was about 28 years old. I used to think it was a dumbass video game played by nerds when I was in highschool.

Now when I play and those same nerds are pwning me, I regret my bad decisions from the past.
CroFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 06:05 PM   #17
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

I used to love playing fy_glassfloor, and just shooting the floor out from under neath my team mates at the start of every match.
Old 04-01-2017, 12:45 PM   #18
Flash Walken
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post
I used to love playing fy_glassfloor, and just shooting the floor out from under neath my team mates at the start of every match.
of course
Flash Walken is offline   Reply With Quote