Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-23-2016, 02:39 PM   #61
codfather
Farm Team Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutOfTheCube View Post
Still some good people in the ranked match making though.
I've heard the intial 10 ranking matches are wide open so prepare for some potentially one-sided games. For one game I was put against a guy that finished in the Grand Champions league in season 2 (a friend of mine was matched up against Kronovi...). I never made it out of Challenger III in season 2.

With how the ranking matches work, apparently most people end up starting pretty low despite winning most/all games. I won 7 of my 10 ranking matches and was put into Prospect III. Once you start playing, you will move up pretty quick though.
codfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 11:07 AM   #62
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by codfather View Post
I've heard the intial 10 ranking matches are wide open so prepare for some potentially one-sided games. For one game I was put against a guy that finished in the Grand Champions league in season 2 (a friend of mine was matched up against Kronovi...). I never made it out of Challenger III in season 2.

With how the ranking matches work, apparently most people end up starting pretty low despite winning most/all games. I won 7 of my 10 ranking matches and was put into Prospect III. Once you start playing, you will move up pretty quick though.
I dunno I'm starting to enjoy the Unranked list now. 7, 8, 9 point games... really owning that 'Expert' tag against the rookies

When you play against people who are really good, you feel like you suck. Then you play against guys who actually suck and realize you're probably at least in the top 10% of all players of the game.
OutOfTheCube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 12:29 PM   #63
AcGold
Self-Suspension

Exp:

Do you guys play on ps4 or pc?
AcGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 04:52 PM   #64
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Ps4
Old 06-27-2016, 07:32 AM   #65
codfather
Farm Team Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutOfTheCube View Post
I dunno I'm starting to enjoy the Unranked list now. 7, 8, 9 point games... really owning that 'Expert' tag against the rookies

When you play against people who are really good, you feel like you suck. Then you play against guys who actually suck and realize you're probably at least in the top 10% of all players of the game.
My girlfriend's nephew hasn't played rocket league much but when he found out I played he started inviting me to his games. We were doing 2v2 and being paired against rookies and semi-pros (I'm nearly out of master ). There was one particular 3v3 game we played with a random guy and I decided I would just play goal and let the other two score. The other team got a couple past me and my team couldn't get anything going so I took over the game and scored 3 and helped the nephew on 1 just so we could win. No regrets.

As you said though, playing against good players makes me hate the game sometimes.

And yes, PS4 for me.
Old 08-05-2016, 07:38 PM   #66
KevanGuy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Ill be on most the night if anyone wants to do some CP games.
KevanGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 03:06 PM   #67
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Holy, this looks awesome.

The Following User Says Thank You to OutOfTheCube For This Useful Post:
Old 09-04-2016, 12:26 PM   #68
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

If anyone cares, that Rumble mode is out this Thursday, the 8th. I am very much looking forward to checking it out
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OutOfTheCube For This Useful Post:
Old 09-10-2016, 10:28 PM   #69
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Holy cow! If you ever liked playing this game at all, you need to get on and check out the Rumble mode. It is an absolute blast! Though those damn spikes are a touch overpowered at the moment...

The whole update is cool. They have all new cosmetic micro transaction things. Basically, you get a crate, then you buy a key to unlock a random item from it. I got lucky and picked up a sweet new car, the X-Devil Mark II, on just my second key. Pretty stoked about that. Really impressed with all the work they keep putting into this game, and still offering all new modes and maps as free updates is awesome.
Old 09-10-2016, 10:59 PM   #70
Fire
Franchise Player

Exp:

I find the Rumble Mode to be too silly. I will stick to the normal rank matches. A lot more fun imo.

Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 02:52 PM   #71
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire View Post
I find the Rumble Mode to be too silly. I will stick to the normal rank matches. A lot more fun imo.
After 1500+ games of mostly the normal mode, I welcome a little bit of silliness.

'Pure' Rocket League will of course always be the best, but as a free secondary mode, I think Rumble is absolutely brilliant. It's nice that no one is a pro at it yet either -- the chaos and mistakes, even by experienced players, make it hilarious.
Old 10-31-2016, 11:54 AM   #72
cDnStealth
First Line Centre

Exp:

The Story of Rocket League (documentary by Danny O'Dwyer). A really interesting look at the early days of Psyonix and the development of Rocket League. Part one was released today.

cDnStealth is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to cDnStealth For This Useful Post:
Old 11-01-2016, 08:49 AM   #73
Flames89
First Line Centre

Exp:

Flames89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 09:27 AM   #74
Flames89
First Line Centre

Exp:

After watching these, I really need to get back into this.
Flames89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 11:01 AM   #75
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames89 View Post
After watching these, I really need to get back into this.
Yes, yes you do.

I've played pretty consistently since release day and still love it. Likely one of, if not my number one, favorite games of all time. Certainly one of my most played.

Running up on rank 47 right now -- starting to sniff that "Master" title.
Old 11-02-2016, 12:48 PM   #76
KevanGuy
Franchise Player

Exp:

^ Im the same way, have been playing consistently since it's release last summer. Can't remember what rank I'm up to, close to 60 I think. It's a great game and most of the trolls have left and it's mostly just peopling playing and enjoying the game - in ranked anyway.
KevanGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 02:45 PM   #77
codfather
Farm Team Player

Exp:

I've hit Legend on PS4 but since I got a new computer, I've been putting in a lot more time there (still Veteren there, but nearly at Expert). Between the two, I've probably put more hours into this game than anything else outside of Starcraft Broodwar. The replayability and skill progression keeps it constantly interesting and entertaining. I've finally managed to hit Shooting Star in 1v1 and Rising Star in 2v2.
Old 11-02-2016, 04:34 PM   #78
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

We should play again some night. I imagine us three would make a pretty formidable team.
Old 03-21-2017, 05:24 PM   #79
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

New mode out tomorrow: Dropshot!

I've been playing less recently with the waves of awesome new games coming out. Been playing a bit this week to get some skill level back before this comes out. Looks really fun!
Old 03-21-2017, 08:21 PM   #80
Anduril
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'll probably get into this more with some of my destiny buddies finding alternative titles... Tried playing with keyboard and mouse on the PC and it just seems wrong.
Anduril is offline   Reply With Quote