Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum

Old 10-21-2014, 10:27 AM   #41
JonDuke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fulham View Post
I should have clarified, those with dual citizenship should on the first plane out, those with citizenship should be interned Guantanamo style

Joined CP 3 days ago.
10 posts in and already showing so much ignorance and hate.
I'll give you an over/under of 4 hours till Lifetime Suspension.
JonDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JonDuke For This Useful Post:
Old 10-21-2014, 10:28 AM   #42
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by burn_baby_burn View Post
Scary stuff. People are poking fun at Scottish_flame for his overreaction. However, with ISIS recruiting Calgarians it doesn't seem far fetched that something could happen close to home. All it takes is a backpack loaded with explosives to go off in a crowed public place. Seems very easy to do, all they need is someone willing to do it.
You don't need a back pack filled with explosives. To be honest a mass murder scenario tends to bring a community together, look what happened after 9/11 and after the Boston Bomber.

ISIS has tripped onto something here in the Western World, we're different from the middle east where the act of terror is absolutely about terrror but on a mass scale.

A Berzerker with a knife that kills a couple of people, or a radical that gets in a car and plows over people in a cross walk.

Or even like I said a home invasion murder, or kidnappings and gruesome internet killings would be far more effective over here because in the middle east those people know they're not safe and secure.

Over here we have an expectation that we're supposed to be well protected. But a random campaign of terror based around small incidences could be highly effective.

On top of that, how many people has this one cheap and easy and quick act inspired.

The cops and CSIS and the FBI are very effective at infiltrating terror cells and stopping big acts. This is impossible to stop if its individual based terrorism.

In a simple word, yesterdays incident could very well be practice for something a lot more wide spread.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 10:29 AM   #43
fulham
Backup Goalie

Exp:

I lost a friend in the London bus bombings, and since the UK has not gotten better. The fate major citys in North America face is similar to the fate that has already tarnished London, and Paris. Nobody advocates anything against normal Canadians muslim or not. But the fact you guys get offended on behalf of Canadians for radical Islamists astounds me

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottish_flame View Post
Maybe it is an overreaction to this event. But I've lived in the UK I've seen the terrorist attacks in my home city. There has already been multiple threats of terrorism in Canada this year alone and add that to the Isis recruits attacks are going to slip through.

My way of doing things might sound extreme and a bit to the right. But being all lefty and nice with these people doesn't work fact
fulham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 10:31 AM   #44
Hatter
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Yeah let's just ignore radical terrorists. Wisen up
Nobody has suggested ignoring the possibility of terrorist attack against Canada. I, and others, find your overzealous insults and fear mongering tiresome.

Let the professionals do their jobs, and give them the tools to do so. They are much more qualified than a frightened bigot.
Hatter is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hatter For This Useful Post:
Old 10-21-2014, 10:31 AM   #45
MarchHare
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
No one said all Muslims.
In this post, fulham said that he'd rather "offend all Muslims in Canada with mass deportations" and that all Muslim-Canadians we "suspect" have been radicalized should be deported. SUSPECT. As in they haven't actually committed any crime, we just think they might at some point in the future. That position is absolutely indefensible by anyone who claims to value liberty.
MarchHare is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MarchHare For This Useful Post:
Old 10-21-2014, 10:33 AM   #46
MarchHare
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/False_dilemma
Old 10-21-2014, 10:33 AM   #47
fulham
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Getting banned for saying that "Radical Islamists" should be deported or interned?

Put me in the hateful and ignorant against Radical Islam group

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonDuke View Post
Joined CP 3 days ago.
10 posts in and already showing so much ignorance and hate.
I'll give you an over/under of 4 hours till Lifetime Suspension.
Old 10-21-2014, 10:34 AM   #48
scottish_flame
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarchHare View Post
In this post, fulham said that he'd rather "offend all Muslims in Canada with mass deportations" and that all Muslim-Canadians we "suspect" have been radicalized should be deported. SUSPECT. As in they haven't actually committed any crime, we just think they might at some point in the future. That position is absolutely indefensible by anyone who claims to value liberty.
Suspects should be monitored very closely and if they feel there's a threat imminent they should be imprisoned or deported

Not just deported for no reason
scottish_flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 10:42 AM   #49
fulham
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Suspects should be monitored very closely and if they feel there's a threat imminent they should be imprisoned or deported

I agree with this

I'm bowing out of this thread its way to personal for me, and I don't think people who haven't actually been in fear walking around their own hometown can relate to me rational or not. I have no issue at all with any Muslim who practices their beliefs and respects Canadian law like anyone else.
Old 10-21-2014, 10:47 AM   #50
terminator
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Deport us for what ? Not wanting a terrorist attack in the place we live ? Right you are.
No deport you for being a radical racist. Canada is a country of tolerance and, as left as it sounds, love. I've lived in the UK, traveled much of the world and I can for sure say that Canada is the most open and accepting country there is. My point being your kind of people introduce cultural terrorisim which is the same as physical terrorisim, we risk damage to our culture with your kind present. So yes, get you on the next plane back to Scotland so you can chase Nessie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fulham View Post
I never said "Muslims" I said radical Muslims... what do you suggest we do with radical Muslims CSIS is nervous about? What about the dozens of Canadians fighting for ISIS? Should they be welcomed back as long as they apologize or should we not let them come back?
I don't think you are familiar with international human rights statutes?

Quote:
Maybe it is an overreaction to this event. But I've lived in the UK I've seen the terrorist attacks in my home city. There has already been multiple threats of terrorism in Canada this year alone and add that to the Isis recruits attacks are going to slip through.

My way of doing things might sound extreme and a bit to the right. But being all lefty and nice with these people doesn't work fact
There is a reason you are only in charge of yourself.

Quote:

I agree.
terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 10:47 AM   #51
Thor
God of Hating Twitter

Exp:

Like is the case with ebola, we should not be reacting to rare and small terror attacks like its the next world war. People in too many nations are willing to give up personal freedoms, live under a bigger police and militaristic nature in order to "protect" themselves from the incredibly small chance that they be affected by a terror attack.

The whole point of terrorism is to induce fear, well lets not let it, live our lives by supporting CESUS and other agencies with the funding they need, but to live our lives without fearing them because ultimately being in fear means we let them win.

Just today it was found out our police in Iceland would finally get guns in their cars, and even a MP5, one of the best examples of how ridiculous fear is about ISIS was when a poster commented on the article saying "good, now we are ready for ISIS" ......

Crazy how easy some people want to be afraid of the world, we have never lived in safer times.
Old 10-21-2014, 10:51 AM   #52
_Q_
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Guy commits a crime.
Is he Muslim?
Yes - He's a terrorist
No - He's mentally ill.
_Q_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 10:58 AM   #53
scottish_flame
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Q_ View Post
Guy commits a crime.
Is he Muslim?
Yes - He's a terrorist
No - He's mentally ill.
He just killed a soldier in the name of Islam and you come out with this tripe ?
Old 10-21-2014, 10:59 AM   #54
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Q_ View Post
Guy commits a crime.
Is he Muslim?
Yes - He's a terrorist
No - He's mentally ill.
You might want to do a little research on this person.

I think at times that we tend to use a little too wide of a mentally ill brush to justify the acts of the individual.

Was he a big fan of ISIS - Yes
Was he trying to head overseas to fight for ISIS - Yes
Did his own site contain imagry and videos of ISIS a group that encourages terrorist actions in the international community - Yes

So did he believe in a cause that advocates terrorism and violence? - Yes

Is the investigation complete? No

Is he a murderer? - He is now
Is he a terrorist? - early signs indicate yes
Is he mentally ill? Don't know yet, but his actions seem rational from the standpoint of a crusader.

Is he Muslim? Yes
Does it matter? In the eyes of the law no
Would his actions be considered terrorism? Under the modern definition of having a cause, a link to a terror related group, and who he targeted yes

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 10-21-2014, 11:03 AM   #55
MarchHare
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
He just killed a soldier in the name of Islam and you come out with this tripe ?
Jumping to conclusions, are we? As far as I know, the investigation is still in its early stages and no motivation for this crime has been released.

BTW, the name of the suspect who was shot by the RCMP is "Martin Rouleau". I don't know his background and ethnicity, but that doesn't sound like a Middle-Eastern name to me. For those of you proposing that we should deport radical Islamists, to where should we have sent Mr. Rouleau?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MarchHare For This Useful Post:
Old 10-21-2014, 11:05 AM   #56
scottish_flame
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarchHare View Post
Jumping to conclusions, are we? As far as I know, the investigation is still in its early stages and no motivation for this crime has been released.

BTW, the name of the suspect who was shot by the RCMP is "Martin Rouleau". I don't know his background and ethnicity, but that doesn't sound like a Middle-Eastern name to me. For those of you proposing that we should deport radical Islamists, to where should we have sent Mr. Rouleau?
Ahmad Rouleau convert to Islam. Poster above hit the nail on the head
Old 10-21-2014, 11:06 AM   #57
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

How about you control the "tripe" you are posting before you takes swings at anyone else.

The investigation has only just started.

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Just ignore me...I'm in a mood today.
undercoverbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 11:07 AM   #58
terminator
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Ahmad Rouleau convert to Islam. Poster above hit the nail on the head

So where do we deport this guy to? Back to quebec! Wait he's already there.
terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 11:07 AM   #59
Canuck-Hater
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
You realize the chance of being killed by a terrorist is practically zero right?
Canuck-Hater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 11:09 AM   #60
scottish_flame
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by terminator View Post
So where do we deport this guy to? Back to quebec! Wait he's already there.
If proven guilty he should be put in prison

which he apparently is