Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 07-21-2011, 09:08 AM   #1
miraisoup
Scoring Winger

Exp:
icon57 Iggy jersey

One last time, I just want to get rid of this. People have told me it's real with a bad customization job and they told me it's fake. 50$ plus shipping gets it. It doesn't fit me, the guy I bought it off of won't take it back, I just don't wanna look at it on my door anymore. It will be a decent jersey for someone going to a game. It's a size 54.

Old 07-23-2011, 08:57 AM   #2
shermanator
Franchise Player

Exp:

You're not going to have any luck selling a fake jersey here...

shermanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 01:50 PM   #3
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

It's hard to tell without seeing it in person, but it looks like a legit authentic jersey.

The usual tell-tale signs:
  • Are the flags stitched rather than just a graphic applied to the fabric? The Alberta flag looks like the coat of arms is embroidered onto a blue piece of fabric, which is how the authentics are done. The fakes and replicas just have the flag graphic applied to a white piece of fabric.
  • Is the logo assembled from a black layer stitched to a white layer, stitched to a yellow layer, or is the white just the stitching between the black and yellow layers? Again, it looks layered, which would indicate it's real.
  • At the bottom of the side panel, the black portion should be one solid piece on an authentic. On the fakes and replicas, the black piece has a slit in it.
  • The fight straps on the fakes are smaller than on the authentics. The authentic ones are 2 inches wide. When looking at the jersey from behind, you can see where the fight strap is attached to the jersey. On the authentics, you'll see a smaller rectangle with an X through the middle holding the strap in place, then a larger rectangle around that to really keep it secure. The fakes only have the smaller rectangle.

Again, without seeing close-up photos or actually seeing it in person, it's hard to say for sure, but it looks legit to me. I also don't see any obvious problems with the name and numbers.

I'm not in the market for another jersey, and it's not my size, but if it's a fake, it's the best one I've ever seen. IMO, anyone who gets it for $50 is likely getting a great deal.
Old 07-27-2011, 02:51 PM   #4
Ne7en
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Would you be interested in trade?
Drymounted photo, featured flames: Fleury, MacInnis, Roberts, Nieuwendyk, Vernon.
Ne7en is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 07:46 PM   #5
FlamesFanStrandedInEDM
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by getbak View Post
It's hard to tell without seeing it in person, but it looks like a legit authentic jersey.

The usual tell-tale signs:
  • Are the flags stitched rather than just a graphic applied to the fabric? The Alberta flag looks like the coat of arms is embroidered onto a blue piece of fabric, which is how the authentics are done. The fakes and replicas just have the flag graphic applied to a white piece of fabric.
  • Is the logo assembled from a black layer stitched to a white layer, stitched to a yellow layer, or is the white just the stitching between the black and yellow layers? Again, it looks layered, which would indicate it's real.
  • At the bottom of the side panel, the black portion should be one solid piece on an authentic. On the fakes and replicas, the black piece has a slit in it.
  • The fight straps on the fakes are smaller than on the authentics. The authentic ones are 2 inches wide. When looking at the jersey from behind, you can see where the fight strap is attached to the jersey. On the authentics, you'll see a smaller rectangle with an X through the middle holding the strap in place, then a larger rectangle around that to really keep it secure. The fakes only have the smaller rectangle.

Again, without seeing close-up photos or actually seeing it in person, it's hard to say for sure, but it looks legit to me. I also don't see any obvious problems with the name and numbers.

I'm not in the market for another jersey, and it's not my size, but if it's a fake, it's the best one I've ever seen. IMO, anyone who gets it for $50 is likely getting a great deal.
Awhile back he sent me some pretty detailed pics. It is a fake. but it had me guessing for awhile.
FlamesFanStrandedInEDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 02:49 PM   #6
theslymonkey
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ne7en View Post
Would you be interested in trade?
Drymounted photo, featured flames: Fleury, MacInnis, Roberts, Nieuwendyk, Vernon.
Seems to me I remember that picture looking a lot different last time it was posted for sale. I preferred the graffiti look LOL.
theslymonkey is offline   Reply With Quote