Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 04-12-2017, 07:41 PM   #201
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by transplant99 View Post
I realize there are many factors...but apparently the government made the claim ecofit was the cheapest, yet they weren't. That's would be a lie if true...something i think people may want to know. It certainly wouldnt be a first for this or any government.

If you think its propoganda, that's fine, (maybe it is and this guy is just lying)

If you are truly interested in what David Gray who is CEO of Aim Energy and the guy who was involved in the process and makes the claim has to say, he did an interview with Danielle Smith a couple days ago.

http://www.newstalk770.com/audio-on-demand-2/

Go to April 10....11AM hour and about 7 minutes in.

Decide for yourself.
Wow.

I'm going to have to do a bit more research before I come to a conclusion but that does indeed sound stupid enough to genuinely be their plan.

The telling question for me, as its one that I've been wondering about was:

"Do you find the NDP have been proceeding with programs and making them incredibly difficult to undo?"

And while his response was that this wasnt one of them, it has been something that I've been wondering as well.

Why would any company want to get into supplying power in Alberta?

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 08:00 PM   #202
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

I had heard a few days ago about ecofit wasn't the lowest bidder. Surprised it hasn't been made bigger news seeing that's blatant lying by the government. If they can't come clean about this kind of stuff why bother believing anything they say? This crown corporation stuff if true is just nonsense. That's not going to fly.

Last edited by Erick Estrada; 04-12-2017 at 08:03 PM.
Erick Estrada is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 08:46 PM   #203
para transit fellow
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
I had heard a few days ago about ecofit wasn't the lowest bidder. Surprised it hasn't been made bigger news seeing that's blatant lying by the government. If they can't come clean about this kind of stuff why bother believing anything they say? This crown corporation stuff if true is just nonsense. That's not going to fly.
The question is whether the lowest bidder was compliant with the RFP.

I just went through a municipal rfp where the lowest bid was grossly non compliant... thank heavens the scoring excluded noncomplience

We need to see the posted RFp to really evaluate this lowest bid
para transit fellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 08:50 PM   #204
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Location: Wondering when # became hashtag and not a number sign.
Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by para transit fellow View Post

I just went through a municipal rfp where the lowest bid was grossly non compliant... thank heavens the scoring excluded noncomplience

When Eco Fitt was the SUPPLIER (apparently) of various products specifically requested in the RFP, there is no way the entire thing was going to anyone else but them.
Old 04-12-2017, 09:12 PM   #205
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

Saying ecofitt was the lowest bidder is false regardless of the compliance semantics. Since the NDP make the rules they can pretty well rig it to ensure that only one bid would be truly compliant. Honestly this isn't just because it's the NDP that I'm accusing them of this because it's plainly obvious that the RFP was designed around ecofitt. This entire process makes the last Turkish election look totally legit in comparison.
Old 04-12-2017, 09:13 PM   #206
return to the red
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
When Eco Fitt was the SUPPLIER (apparently) of various products specifically requested in the RFP, there is no way the entire thing was going to anyone else but them.
Which is a problem in itself. With Public money there should have been no "hard Spec" put on any of the various products. Equivalents should have been put into the RFP as to ensure that all companies had valid and competitive bids in the interest of public funding
Old 04-12-2017, 09:21 PM   #207
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Nobody can claim that the CP's were saints or anything but given what we have seen from the NDP on a provincial level and Liberals on a federal level these governments are starting to make Harper look squeaky clean in comparison.
Old 04-12-2017, 10:01 PM   #208
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Nobody can claim that the CP's were saints or anything but given what we have seen from the NDP on a provincial level and Liberals on a federal level these governments are starting to make Harper look squeaky clean in comparison.
This is the complete wrong attitude to take if the public ever wants things to change. This attitude enables governments when they take power to continue these behaviours.
GGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 11:08 PM   #209
para transit fellow
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Saying ecofitt was the lowest bidder is false regardless of the compliance semantics. Since the NDP make the rules they can pretty well rig it to ensure that only one bid would be truly compliant. Honestly this isn't just because it's the NDP that I'm accusing them of this because it's plainly obvious that the RFP was designed around ecofitt. This entire process makes the last Turkish election look totally legit in comparison.
All rfp's have a design... otherwise we would see a pickup truck with a snowblade instead of a genuine snowplow on the highways. A pickup truck would come in at far less than a snowplow/ sander unit.... winning any snowplow acquisition rfp on the sole basis of price.

Does anyone have the rfp? Or is this suggestion of vendor preference simply just speculation?

Does anyone have a copy of the original rfp?
para transit fellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 07:24 AM   #210
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGG View Post
This is the complete wrong attitude to take if the public ever wants things to change. This attitude enables governments when they take power to continue these behaviours.
I'm not following you here. What attitude? I'm certainly not arguing for this behavior. I'm arguing against it. It's pretty clear all these parties are crooked and corrupt. All we can do is simply not re-elect these parties when they are in power. Eventually parties that have a vision of being in power for more than one term will realize that they need to clean up their act or they will be one and done.
Old 04-13-2017, 10:12 AM   #211
V
Franchise Player

Exp:

I still haven't seen proof that a specific bidder was hard specced. I'd like to see that confirmed before getting too excited.
V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 10:14 AM   #212
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Location: Wondering when # became hashtag and not a number sign.
Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
Wow.

I'm going to have to do a bit more research before I come to a conclusion but that does indeed sound stupid enough to genuinely be their plan.

The telling question for me, as its one that I've been wondering about was:

"Do you find the NDP have been proceeding with programs and making them incredibly difficult to undo?"

And while his response was that this wasnt one of them, it has been something that I've been wondering as well.

Why would any company want to get into supplying power in Alberta?

Brian Jean on with Danielle Smith this morning confirming that the Crown Corporation aspect of the ecofit boondoggle does exist in the RFP.
Old 04-13-2017, 10:16 AM   #213
V
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
All rfp's have a design... otherwise we would see a pickup truck with a snowblade instead of a genuine snowplow on the highways. A pickup truck would come in at far less than a snowplow/ sander unit.... winning any snowplow acquisition rfp on the sole basis of price.?
This is nonsense, of course. There's a difference between specifying the attributes of what you want to see, and specifying the exact supplier that you want to supply the material. Especially when there is nothing proprietary with the material, and the supplier you are specifying is eligible to bid on your rfp. Trying to defend that is just showing a blatant bias.

Again though, I'll reserve my outrage until I actually see the rfp.
Old 04-13-2017, 10:18 AM   #214
V
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Brian Jean on with Danielle Smith this morning confirming that the Crown Corporation aspect of the ecofit boondoggle does exist in the RFP.
He should share it if he has it. Is this rfp foipable? I'm not knowledgeable on foip rules.
Old 04-13-2017, 11:15 AM   #215
calgarygeologist
Franchise Player

Exp:

What exactly does Ecofit do and why/how would we benefit from them being a crown Corp?
calgarygeologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 11:20 AM   #216
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgarygeologist View Post
What exactly does Ecofit do and why/how would we benefit from them being a crown Corp?
They install lightbulbs. A vital service.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Old 04-13-2017, 01:53 PM   #217
Robbob
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Bumface View Post
I just wanted to point out that all the people that are pissed off by this but still signed up for it are the worst.

If the remaining 50 NDP supporters signed up and that was it, this wouldn't be a very expensive project at a time we don't have money to hire light bulb changers.
Sounds like someone is trying to get people not to sign up so he gets his light bulbs faster.
Robbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 02:05 PM   #218
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbob View Post
Sounds like someone is trying to get people not to sign up so he gets his light bulbs faster.
Hes NDP!! Get him!!

Granted, the way the NDP are going we're going to need those torches. For light and warmth.

The Following User Says Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post:
Old 04-13-2017, 08:03 PM   #219
return to the red
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
All rfp's have a design... otherwise we would see a pickup truck with a snowblade instead of a genuine snowplow on the highways. A pickup truck would come in at far less than a snowplow/ sander unit.... winning any snowplow acquisition rfp on the sole basis of price.
Yes and No

Any RFP that we have participated has minimum specifications that must be met. In your example they may specify that the truck must be capable of handling X many tonnes of sand, have a snow blade X meters wide...

This keeps the average Joe Blow from participating but let's be completely honest, If the NDP had X Company in mind prior to awarding the contract they will find ways to make that company come out higher on the weighted scale.

Specifications should have been developed for this with the award going to the lowest bidder. If the lowest bidder fails to be compliant on the specifications than it is their responsibility to become compliant at their own cost or forfeit their bonding.
Old 04-13-2017, 09:24 PM   #220
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by return to the red View Post
Yes and No

Any RFP that we have participated has minimum specifications that must be met. In your example they may specify that the truck must be capable of handling X many tonnes of sand, have a snow blade X meters wide...

This keeps the average Joe Blow from participating but let's be completely honest, If the NDP had X Company in mind prior to awarding the contract they will find ways to make that company come out higher on the weighted scale.

Specifications should have been developed for this with the award going to the lowest bidder. If the lowest bidder fails to be compliant on the specifications than it is their responsibility to become compliant at their own cost or forfeit their bonding.
Nooooo,

If the bid is not technical compliant it should get tossed.

The technical component and commercial component should be evaluated by separate groups with the technical group having no knowledge of price. The technical group confirms whether or not a bid is technically suitable and covers all scope.

All non technically compliant bids are tossed and the contract awarded to the lowest compliant bidder.
GGG is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GGG For This Useful Post:
V