Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-21-2017, 12:04 PM   #1181
KootenayFlamesFan
Commie Referee

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fundmark19 View Post
Top Golf - It even has a pool. Best Vegas experience yet
I gotta check that out next time I go!
KootenayFlamesFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 01:19 PM   #1182
Calgary14
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redlan View Post
I found that the SIM cards needed to be activated every 3 months or they became useless. Not worth it unless you were there frequently

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I use Roam Mobility when I go down there (or anywhere else in the US) and it works fine. IIRC their sim cards are $10 but need to be activated every 6 months. Not a problem if you buy their cheapest one day plan
Calgary14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 03:36 PM   #1183
Jiggy_12
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fundmark19 View Post
Top Golf - It even has a pool. Best Vegas experience yet
Wow, just looked this up. Definitely doing this
Jiggy_12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 10:46 PM   #1184
IgnitedSoul
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Going to be down next week and am wondering if anyone knows where the best place to watch the NHL Entry Draft might be? Just want to catch the first day, which I think starts about 3 pm local time on the 23rd.
IgnitedSoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 08:21 AM   #1185
CMPunk
aka Spike

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by IgnitedSoul View Post
Going to be down next week and am wondering if anyone knows where the best place to watch the NHL Entry Draft might be? Just want to catch the first day, which I think starts about 3 pm local time on the 23rd.
The D hotel just announced a partnership with the Knights, maybe they'll be hosting a draft event there. I'd try and contact the Knights as I imagine they'll have some sort of hype event for the team
CMPunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 10:10 AM   #1186
DoubleF
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgary14 View Post
I use Roam Mobility when I go down there (or anywhere else in the US) and it works fine. IIRC their sim cards are $10 but need to be activated every 6 months. Not a problem if you buy their cheapest one day plan
What happens if you don't activate every 6 months? New random phone number when you want to use it again? Or sim card becomes useless and you have to buy a new one?

EDIT: Found it.

https://support.roammobility.com/hc/...M-Card-expire-

Phone number expires after 6 months. Sim card expires after 365 days of inactivity (need to buy new card).

EDIT 2: In case anyone needs to acquire a roam mobile SIM, I've noticed the following prices:

London Drugs - $10 single sim
London Drugs - $15 two sim

$8 Single SIM on the crackberry website with free shipping. This amount can be decreased lower if you find a discount code for the crackberry website. I acquired one for about $7 a month ago because it was cheaper to add this to my order and get free shipping on the entire order vs adding stuff to meet the minimum order value to get free shipping.

London Drugs is a good location to grab a physical one. Crackberry can be had for cheaper if you have time to spare. Crackberry will also throw in a "free gift" so you can get things like a pack of batteries or electronics repair tools tossed into your order for free.

https://ca.crackberry.com/roam-mobil...A276A21662.htm

Last edited by DoubleF; 06-14-2017 at 10:48 AM.
DoubleF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 10:19 AM   #1187
IgnitedSoul
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMPunk View Post
The D hotel just announced a partnership with the Knights, maybe they'll be hosting a draft event there. I'd try and contact the Knights as I imagine they'll have some sort of hype event for the team
Oh good call, thanks!
Old 06-16-2017, 01:22 PM   #1188
sureLoss
Some kinda newsbreaker!

Exp:

Quote:
Knights hosting a free draft party

https://www.nhl.com/goldenknights/ne...ft/c-289962222

Quote:
Friday, June 23

3:00 - 9:00 p.m. NHL Entry Draft Party

T-Mobile Arena

In conjunction with the 2017 NHL Entry Draft in Chicago, the Vegas Golden Knights will host a draft party at T-Mobile Arena from 3 p.m. to 9 p.m. The event is free to the public and fans must RSVP to confirm attendance here.

The first 1,000 fans in attendance will get wristbands and will receive autographs from select players chosen in the Expansion Draft between 4 p.m. to 5 p.m. The players will also partake in a question and answer session with fans before the Golden Knights make their pick in the Entry Draft.
sureLoss is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sureLoss For This Useful Post:
Old 06-16-2017, 05:35 PM   #1189
IgnitedSoul
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

That is awesome!

Looks like I'll be gauging how early I go with who actually gets taken then hahaha.
Old 06-16-2017, 06:05 PM   #1190
spetch
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
That is awesome!

Looks like I'll be gauging how early I go with who actually gets taken then hahaha.

Here is a direct link for anyone to RSVP:

Vegas Draft Party

Last edited by spetch; 06-16-2017 at 06:13 PM.
spetch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 12:16 PM   #1191
Murph
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Looking at heading to Vegas for 4-5 nights for my 10th anniversary. Any suggestions on best place to get a vacation package?
Murph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 12:38 PM   #1192
Tyler
Franchise Player

Exp:

Top Golf is awesome.

Do what we did - get bottle service and bikini girls.
Tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 10:10 PM   #1193
Northendzone
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murph View Post
Looking at heading to Vegas for 4-5 nights for my 10th anniversary. Any suggestions on best place to get a vacation package?
I have no direct opinion on where the best place is, but be wary when booking on the internet using whatever website, as they list the price of the hotel without the resort fees, so the price looks more attractive.

If I ever go again, I will likely call the hotel directly and see what their price is versus the usual websites. Also booking directly with the hotel makes it easier to get things like a late checkout for free.
Old 09-07-2017, 10:36 PM   #1194
Coach
Franchise Player

Exp:

Top Golf looks like the driving range experience as it should be.

Can't wait to have options in Canada.
Old 09-08-2017, 07:08 AM   #1195
Northendzone
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler View Post
Top Golf is awesome.

Do what we did - get bottle service and bikini girls.
so what did this cost?
Old 09-08-2017, 08:28 AM   #1196
Tron_fdc
In Your MCP

Exp:

So there were girls in bikinis around, or you hired girls in bikinis?

This would be a GREAT idea for client meetings at tradeshows. Hit some balls, eat some food, sit around the pool with some hired help lol
Tron_fdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 08:30 AM   #1197
Tyler
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northendzone View Post
so what did this cost?
It was my bachelor party, so I dunno. Probably expensive. They also came out from the bar with sparklers and my name spelt out on a bunch of separate block cards. It was awesome.
Tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 08:50 AM   #1198
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Location: Wondering when # became hashtag and not a number sign.
Exp:

Quote:
so what did this cost?
It aint cheap...in fact that place costs a fortune.
Old 09-08-2017, 09:10 AM   #1199
fundmark19
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by transplant99 View Post
It aint cheap...in fact that place costs a fortune.
We had a group of 6 all day during the masters I think 2 hours of top golf and cabana by the pool we all ate food and drank lots of beer was about 160 per person for the day. That is a great deal in vegas. Arrived at 11:00 and I think we left around 5/6
fundmark19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 10:25 AM   #1200
Buff
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murph View Post
Quote:
I have no direct opinion on where the best place is, but be wary when booking on the internet using whatever website, as they list the price of the hotel without the resort fees, so the price looks more attractive.

If I ever go again, I will likely call the hotel directly and see what their price is versus the usual websites. Also booking directly with the hotel makes it easier to get things like a late checkout for free.
I always book directly with the hotel. I just use their website. Sign up for the "players cards" for CET and MGM properties. CET is TR and MGM is Mlife. Just having the card will get you a discount on the posted room rate. Not a big discount but it helps.

Have you been to Vegas before, Murph? If not, what are you hoping to experience while you are there... gambling, pool time, shows, clubs, fine dining? When I go it is just a nice getaway without kids for my wife and I. We don't do the fancy dining, or heavy gambling. We make it as frugal as we can, but still splurge a bit here and there.

Remember, the room rates vary from location to location and on top of that from day to day/week to week, etc. It all depends on supply and demand. A busy weekend will see you paying really high room rates. A slow weekday and you're getting a pretty good deal in comparison to the busy weekends. On top of room rates is resort fee. So, maybe you want to stay at a cheap place like Excalibur.... WOW! Room is $27/night? SIGN ME UP!!!! but wait, there's more.... the resort fee. That's $29/night at Excalibur. Or MGM Grand, oh, the room is $110/night... and then the resort fee is $39/night. When you book directly on the hotel's websites you'll see the resort fee. If you book through a 3rd party site (booking.com, hotels.com etc.) you won't see the resort fee right away, it is usually a side note.

You can find a Vegas message board and peruse the forums for tonnes of advice and experiences too.
Buff is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Buff For This Useful Post:

Tags
las vegas , sin city , vegas