Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 02-16-2005, 08:19 PM   #81
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Hi Ken

I'm guessing the big concern is the lost momentum created by last years playoff run. With the season being shut down and next season being in doubt, what kind of leeway do you have as far as selling season's tickets, and tecket packs for next year?

I mean the big fear has to be the fact that your might be going into another lockout season with the potential for next to zero cash flow.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
Old 02-16-2005, 08:20 PM   #82
KevanGuy
Franchise Player

Exp:

OK guys, again, lets let Ken catch up.
Old 02-16-2005, 08:20 PM   #83
dangler22
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

On behalf of this board thanks for your time in answering all of our questions Mr. King.

Would you care to speculate on whether or not the PA would be in favor of the NHL's latest proposal if it were put to a vote?

and also do you think hockey will start on time this october?
Old 02-16-2005, 08:20 PM   #84
McG
Franchise Player

Exp:

now that i have read all of the verification about identity, i wanted to apologize for being flippant with my comments earlier.

sorry KK, we see impersonations all of the time on the internet.

i just wanted you to know that i have travelled extensively in Western Canada in the last week and there is huge support for the NHL in getting a deal that gives fans and their team the one currency that they need: hope. this goes for 4 provinces and numerous teams. i support the owners goal of getting the costs under control 100%.

please pass on and accept my thanks for being strong in the face of the media crush that the nhl must have been under.

i have always felt that my team presented itself in the classiest sense possible. I was very happy to see this continue today.

thanks and i will be back when the flames return.

ps i love the red home jersey!

McG
Old 02-16-2005, 08:22 PM   #85
Cowperson
CP Pontiff

Exp:

Eugene Melnyk today, Gary Bettman today and Tom Hicks yesterday were all pretty adamant the 2005-06 season would be gearing up and ready to go by October.

Can you indicate to Flames fans if ownership in Calgary is equally as confident of a normal season starting in October and why should they share that confidence?

Also, anything going on with Omaha right now in terms of an update beyond what we've seen in the papers the last day or two?

Cowperson
Old 02-16-2005, 08:22 PM   #86
jschick88
Franchise Player

Exp:

deleted
Old 02-16-2005, 08:22 PM   #87
Gugstanley
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Ken:

You are always a quality person

I still feel $42 million is too high. Bringing a family to an NHL game is not a realistic option for most people. Why not shoot for a lower number and roll back the cost to attend a game?

Omaha might be a nice town but the farm team should be in Salt Lake City

Go Flames Go
Old 02-16-2005, 08:22 PM   #88
CaramonLS
Retired

Exp:

Sponsership Revenue:

Have you had talks with some of the sponsers and if a hockey season gets started up for 05/06 would they be willing to pay the same amount for Ads at the dome, or would you maybe have a reduced revenue stream from that for possibly a couple of years?
Old 02-16-2005, 08:22 PM   #89
Ace
First Line Centre

Exp:

In reference to Claren and others above, Could the organization sell the upper level nose bleeds as season tickets now (at deep discount $200-400/yr) for those fans that want to show their faith in the process. think of the headlines...

"Flames Fans Rally Behind Ownership" ... Organization sells 1000 new season tickets!
Old 02-16-2005, 08:24 PM   #90
Claeren
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally posted by Cowperson@Feb 16 2005, 08:22 PM

Can you indicate to Flames fans if ownership in Calgary is equally as confident of a normal season starting in October and why should they share that confidence?

Cowperson
Earlier in the thread i believe he made vague reference to this and said he feels one way or another the league will be operating by then.... could have misunderstood...

Claeren.
Old 02-16-2005, 08:25 PM   #91
greatbigC
Farm Team Player

Exp:

Ken, I don't have anythng to say about the CBA as I've seen and read all I can take. I've been a season ticket holder for a couple years but have been a Flames fan since they moved to Calgary. You have my money and you can keep it until it's time to ante up for real. I don't post often but when I saw that it was really you I wanted to say thanks for showings your face up in the cheap seats, for wandering around the concourse with a smile, for being open and accessible. Oh........and thanks for hiring Darryl Sutter, you seemed to have gotten a silk purse out of what many around this board thought was a sows ear when you did it.
Old 02-16-2005, 08:31 PM   #92
Otto-matic
Franchise Player

Exp:

Hi Mr.King

How will this lockout affect the contracts for the players with only one year left.

Thanks again

Otto-Matic
Old 02-16-2005, 08:33 PM   #93
Claeren
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally posted by Otto-matic@Feb 16 2005, 08:31 PM
Hi Mr.King

How will this lockout affect the contracts for the players with only one year left.

Thanks again

Otto-Matic
That year of contract is used up.

They become Unrestricted or Restricted Free Agents just like they would have if the season was played....

Claeren.
Old 02-16-2005, 08:35 PM   #94
snappyk
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Hi Mr King,

Do you know if there will be a draft this year or not?
Old 02-16-2005, 08:36 PM   #95
Otto-matic
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally posted by Claeren+Feb 16 2005, 09:33 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Claeren @ Feb 16 2005, 09:33 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Otto-matic@Feb 16 2005, 08:31 PM
Hi Mr.King

Thanks again

Otto-Matic

They become Unrestricted or Restricted Free Agents just like they would have if the season was played....

Claeren. [/b][/quote]
Thanks Claeren

I see Yzerman hanging them up now after this lockout. Too bad I would have liked to see him in his last year playing the Flames.
Old 02-16-2005, 08:37 PM   #96
Flame On
Franchise Player

Exp:

Hi Mr. King, as you can see you're being well received here, as would any owner at the moment or Bettman. Bettman takes a lot of heat and personal abuse I think, I know he's a suit but you can thank him, at least from me. I think he's doing a good job, as are all the Flames group including yourself.
I'll keep my seats with the Flames in what ever form they return.
Couple of questions:
Are the players being outright mislead by the PA executive, do you think?
Do you think there'll be more negotiations before October which is quoted as when talks will resume?
Thanks Mr. King and the Flams org.
Insulted Other Member(s)
Don't insult other members; even if they are Canuck fans.
Old 02-16-2005, 08:38 PM   #97
Claeren
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally posted by Otto-matic+Feb 16 2005, 08:36 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Otto-matic @ Feb 16 2005, 08:36 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Quote:
Originally posted by Claeren@Feb 16 2005, 09:33 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Otto-matic
Quote:
@Feb 16 2005, 08:31 PM
Hi Mr.King

Thanks again

Otto-Matic

Claeren.
Ahh so this might have been the last time we see Gelinas in a flames uni or even his last games in the NHL. [/b][/quote]
Yes.... hence the "goodbye Gelinas" threads today! Granted they did get knocked to like the third page today due to all the activity...

(NOTE: I love Gelinas and hope he is back. A quiet leader whose commitment to his body, fitness, and therefor his team is the perfect example for a team of players in their prime... )

Claeren.
Old 02-16-2005, 08:39 PM   #98
KevanGuy
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think Ken got pulled away for a minute, he should be back shortly.
Old 02-16-2005, 08:40 PM   #99
kinger
Draft Pick

Hi guys, I lost it bad. Don't know what I did but I better check out for the night. I'll get some help and do a better job next time. Thanks for your patience and support. KK
Old 02-16-2005, 08:40 PM   #100
MJK
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally posted by KevanGuy@Feb 17 2005, 03:39 AM
I think Ken got pulled away for a minute, he should be back shortly.
I suppose he did...guy we need to let Mr. King answer questions!
Closed Thread