Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-30-2009, 10:19 PM   #41
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howie_16 View Post
No need to apologize. I think it is wise for you guys to come up with a way to have spares "pay per play".

Yeah, I took $20 from Erik for most games, and then thought he was getting ripped off, so I told him to stop paying. It turns out we're paying more than spares per game!
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 10:20 PM   #42
jayswin

Exp:

The other thing I'd like to do a bit this season is actually play some games short players. Nothing ridulous like 6 or 7 guys, but it would be nice to play with 9/10/11 like the Saints used to.
Old 08-30-2009, 10:21 PM   #43
Jayems
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yeah. I'd like some 10 player games too.
Jayems is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 10:38 PM   #44
Howie_16
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jar_e View Post
Dependent on the schedule wanna play for me?
Do you mean as your personally dedicated spare? It would definitely depend on the schedule, as I will also be juggling a full-time commitment to my winter team, Flames games, coaching commitments at my school and a wife who appears to want to have a relationship with me.
Howie_16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 10:41 PM   #45
Howie_16
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameswin View Post
The other thing I'd like to do a bit this season is actually play some games short players. Nothing ridulous like 6 or 7 guys, but it would be nice to play with 9/10/11 like the Saints used to.
This is a good idea. I would be more willing to spare for you guys when you are really low on numbers as opposed to coming out as player 13 or 14.
Old 08-30-2009, 10:46 PM   #46
jar_e
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Do you mean as your personally dedicated spare? It would definitely depend on the schedule, as I will also be juggling a full-time commitment to my winter team, Flames games, coaching commitments at my school and a wife who appears to want to have a relationship with me.
Sure...provided flameswin is good with it. As you know my schedule is hit or miss at the best of times.
jar_e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 10:49 PM   #47
Jayems
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Sure...provided flameswin is good with it. As you know my schedule is hit or miss at the best of times.
By the way, Justin called you out. Said you were a puss bag or something, afraid of him.
Old 08-30-2009, 10:50 PM   #48
Howie_16
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
I am not sure that I can be the only one who spares for you, but we can definitely look at on a game-by-game basis.
Old 08-30-2009, 10:51 PM   #49
jar_e
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayems View Post
By the way, Justin called you out. Said you were a puss bag or something, afraid of him.
I'm convinced he was scared of me in the last game...
Old 08-30-2009, 10:52 PM   #50
jar_e
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I am not sure that I can be the only one who spares for you, but we can definitely look at on a game-by-game basis.
Do you have my email by any chance? If anything, once the schedule comes out (hopefully this week) we can talk about september alone and go from there.
Old 08-30-2009, 11:15 PM   #51
jayswin

Exp:

Quote:

I'd prefer to have the list of spares on call, and when players aren't going to make it, they go through me, and then I call out spares based on certain things aka: who's best suited to replace the player who won't be there, trying to get all the spares a fair number of games in, sometimes bringing out friends of mine, etc.

One thing I'm going to do this season is have all the spares get their own name bar made and paid for, and at the end of the season I don't really want to have guys coming to me and going "wtf, I went and got a namebar made and you never called me", and then I have to say "well, it's because everyone calls out there own replacement and no one called you".

So far this is the spare list...

Josh
Howie16
Straybullet
Colin
Darren
Erik

Josh is going to pay $100 for his spot for 5 games, and he has a lot of conflicts with his work schedule, so I want to give him first dibs on most games that we're short so he can make it out to all 5 games.
Old 08-30-2009, 11:20 PM   #52
Jayems
Franchise Player

Exp:

Is brett playing this year?
Old 08-30-2009, 11:21 PM   #53
jar_e
Franchise Player

Exp:

What about sharing one particular spot?
Old 08-30-2009, 11:22 PM   #54
jayswin

Exp:

So for those of you who want money back because you're going to miss some games, I'll collect money from spares and we can get you some money back from there. Because if we're going to be purposely not replacing every player that misses a game, it's not really fair if say 3 players miss a game and we bring out one player, and then one guy gets $20 and the other two guys are going "wtf?"
Old 08-30-2009, 11:22 PM   #55
jayswin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayems View Post
Is brett playing this year?

Yep
Old 08-30-2009, 11:27 PM   #56
jayswin

Exp:

Quote:
What about sharing one particular spot?

Yep, you guys could do that if you'd like. As long as you guys deal with the financial side between eachother, and I would be getting $700 up front. So you'd have to make sure you guys are coming out to different games, and then Howie would be paying you for half the season or whatever it ends up being.
Old 08-30-2009, 11:32 PM   #57
jayswin

Exp:

Hey jar_e, so what you're saying is basically you and Howie would pay $350 each and share a spot?
Old 08-31-2009, 12:41 AM   #58
jar_e
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Hey jar_e, so what you're saying is basically you and Howie would pay $350 each and share a spot?
Well I wouldn't go that far...I doubt we'd do 50/50...I was more just throwing ideas out. But I'll see what can happen. I'll probably end up paying all of it up front and just seeing what happens.
Old 08-31-2009, 12:43 AM   #59
jar_e
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
So for those of you who want money back because you're going to miss some games, I'll collect money from spares and we can get you some money back from there. Because if we're going to be purposely not replacing every player that misses a game, it's not really fair if say 3 players miss a game and we bring out one player, and then one guy gets $20 and the other two guys are going "wtf?"
This may be best. I need to read better at midnight lol
Old 08-31-2009, 12:50 AM   #60
jayswin

Exp:

Quote:
This may be best. I need to read better at midnight lol
Hey if have enough money, you should join the Saints. We're still looking for a couple of players, and you'd get to play with Justin.

Tags
chestermere is far , lambeburger's poop , lucky beer , shenanigans , victory (sometimes)