Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-28-2017, 04:44 PM   #301
Flames in 07
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter12 View Post
Sure, but pretty hard to ignore the significant Venn overlap between the two groups. That's just blindness.
Which two groups? Never mind I know your incorrect answer to that question.

Those terrorists are not Muslim. A can't believe grown adults need this told to them over and over again. If you want to try and define them, they are largely young, male, and marginalized by society.

Therefore, given the duty that snufleupagus believes people should have, young people, males and those marginalized by society should denounce this bombing or they are awful human beings.
Flames in 07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 04:45 PM   #302
peter12
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames in 07 View Post

Those terrorists are not Muslim. A can't believe grown adults need this told to them over and over again. If you want to try and define them, they are largely young, male, and marginalized by society.

Therefore, given the duty that snufleupagus believes people should have, young people, males and those marginalized by society should denounce this bombing or they are awful human beings.
Well, I was right about the blindness.
peter12 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to peter12 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-28-2017, 04:46 PM   #303
Flames in 07
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snuffleupagus View Post
In the words of Archie Bunker - whatever!
deep. Really thought provoking really.
Old 05-28-2017, 04:47 PM   #304
OMG!WTF!
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

I'm confused now. They aren't Muslim? ISIS isn't Muslim?
OMG!WTF! is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OMG!WTF! For This Useful Post:
Old 05-28-2017, 04:47 PM   #305
Snuffleupagus
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Ok pal I will. And by the way it's not the only group killing people.

I trust, that to be consistent with this way of thinking you go way out of your way to find a microphone and denounce whatever was behind whatever murder in Calgary when the person who did it is within your race or religion?
Is this the way you justify problem's within the Islamic religion by pointing out murders over drugs, greed or other social problems like they're the same thing?

What other group are you talking about? the only other "group" of people killing masses of others are drug gangs and you won't see one of them brainwashed enough to fill their body with explosives and commit suicide either.

I feel like I'm arguing with a plant!
Snuffleupagus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 05:15 PM   #306
afc wimbledon
Franchise Player

Exp:

So Peter how about them Hapsburgs eh, what a dynasty!!
afc wimbledon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to afc wimbledon For This Useful Post:
Old 05-28-2017, 05:26 PM   #307
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
But yet, there's only one group of people on the planet right now strapping bombs to themselves and murdering masses of innocent people.

Sure pal, keep telling yourself that Islam isn't the problem.
You're the same guy who was posting white nationalist propaganda videos a few months ago. One of your guys just stabbed 2 people to death, yet you're eerily silent on the issue.

It's time people who promote white nationalist content stand up against violence against minorities.
PepsiFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 05:41 PM   #308
Snuffleupagus
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepsiFree View Post
You're the same guy who was posting white nationalist propaganda videos a few months ago. One of your guys just stabbed 2 people to death, yet you're eerily silent on the issue.

It's time people who promote white nationalist content stand up against violence against minorities.
Anti sharia law videos are now white nationalist content? and the idiot in Portland wasn't one of "my guys" and to suggest so is offensive.

BTW, not that it really matters much but do you think my race is white?
Old 05-28-2017, 05:49 PM   #309
Jeff Lebowski
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
and the idiot in Portland wasn't one of "my guys" and to suggest so is offensive.
The vast majority of Muslims feel the same way about ISIS et al and state so. Emphatically. They denounce ISIS's crimes. Despite your ignorance to this.
Jeff Lebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 05:50 PM   #310
peter12
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by afc wimbledon View Post
So Peter how about them Hapsburgs eh, what a dynasty!!
Crazy noses, right?
Old 05-28-2017, 06:05 PM   #311
RougeUnderoos
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Anti sharia law videos are now white nationalist content? and the idiot in Portland wasn't one of "my guys" and to suggest so is offensive.
Are you working hard to denounce his actions?

RougeUnderoos is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RougeUnderoos For This Useful Post:
Old 05-28-2017, 06:26 PM   #312
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:

As I pointed out to you at the time, the video(s) was a propaganda piece (meant to make you believe a very particular thing) put together by British white nationalists and posted on a white nationalist YouTube channel. But you already knew that, or at least seem pretty comfortable defending your YouTube history despite being shown why those videos weren't just "anti-sharia law videos" but actually racist videos specifically designed to spread anti-Muslim bigotry and hate. Feel free to condemn that white nationalist propaganda and violence whenever, I'd be happy to admit I'm mistaken.

Interesting though that it's offensive to say a white nationalist is "one of your guys" to someone who posts white nationalist content. It doesn't seem like you hesitate to put responsibility for terrorist on other Muslims who have nothing to do with terrorism.
PepsiFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 06:34 PM   #313
Flames in 07
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:

Because black guys don't quote Archie bunker very often.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Flames in 07 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-28-2017, 06:41 PM   #314
Flames in 07
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Is this the way you justify problem's within the Islamic religion by pointing out murders over drugs, greed or other social problems like they're the same thing?

What other group are you talking about? the only other "group" of people killing masses of others are drug gangs and you won't see one of them brainwashed enough to fill their body with explosives and commit suicide either.

I feel like I'm arguing with a plant!
Haha. What made you think I'm defending anything? I'm pointing out that radicalized marginalized 20 year olds radicalized by isis don't have a monopoly on killing people. So I'm curious why you require a standard from the imam that you do not expect from anyone else, including yourself. Unless you were part of a movement to drive down to the superstore and denounce those killings.

Islam is not responsible for isis. The aholes in isis are responsible for isis. The vast, vast majority of muslims denounce what isis is doing and that imam isn't any more responsible for what happened than you are for the murders on 130th ave.

Go ahead an ignore the majority of my points and comments and pick on one little thing to side track the discussion. Your bigotry requires it.
Old 05-28-2017, 06:52 PM   #315
oldschoolcalgary
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Haha. What made you think I'm defending anything? I'm pointing out that radicalized marginalized 20 year olds radicalized by isis don't have a monopoly on killing people. So I'm curious why you require a standard from the imam that you do not expect from anyone else, including yourself. Unless you were part of a movement to drive down to the superstore and denounce those killings.

Islam is not responsible for isis. The aholes in isis are responsible for isis. The vast, vast majority of muslims denounce what isis is doing and that imam isn't any more responsible for what happened than you are for the murders on 130th ave.

Go ahead an ignore the majority of my points and comments and pick on one little thing to side track the discussion. Your bigotry requires it.
Exactly

There are 1.6 billion people who identify as Muslim... only a very tiny % of that vast number approve of what Isis is doing... and most of those people are disenfranchised and seeking ways of lashing out at the world for perceived slights or just angry at their current situation

If one looked at all the fringes of other religions, like Christianity, there would be undoubtedly things that the vast majority of the 2.2 billion Christians disagree with, like the murder of abortion providers.

Those on the lunatic fringe has always existed... with the availability of modern weapons and the internet, the ability to live and die in infamy is much more appealing and possible for those willing to commit atrocities.

Modern technology has provided the ability to create maximum carnage and have that event cause ripples through the entire world new cycle... something simply not possible before the advent of things like the internet/24 news cycles and modern weapons

Last edited by oldschoolcalgary; 05-28-2017 at 06:59 PM.
oldschoolcalgary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 07:01 PM   #316
Snuffleupagus
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

Yeah imam's are awesome! all they do is preach harmony

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montre...sque-1.4037397

http://news.nationalpost.com/holy-po...ead-of-harmony

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...-channels.html

http://tarekfatah.com/mosque-imams-a...r-non-muslims/
The Following User Says Thank You to Snuffleupagus For This Useful Post:
Old 05-28-2017, 07:03 PM   #317
Street Pharmacist
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldschoolcalgary View Post
Exactly

There are 1.6 billion people who identify as Muslim... only a very tiny % of that vast number approve of what Isis is doing... and most of those people are disenfranchised and seeking ways of lashing out at the world for perceived slights or just angry at their current situation

If one looked at all the fringes of other religions, like Christianity, there would be undoubtedly things that the vast majority of the 2.2 billion Christians disagree with, like the
Not that tiny
Street Pharmacist is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Street Pharmacist For This Useful Post:
Old 05-28-2017, 07:04 PM   #318
peter12
Franchise Player

Exp:

As always, on point.

http://blogs.timesofisrael.com/dange...itish-muslims/

Quote:
Trustee of Didsbury mosque Farzi Haffar has previously sent a number of inflammatory anti-semitic tweets, including one that states: “The more these radical and fundamental #Jewish invaders attack #Moslem and #Christian #Arab holy areas in Palestine, the more hate there is.”
In another, he retweeted someone writing about “joy/applause for breaking taboo, comparing Israelis to Nazis”.

Didsbury mosque has also hosted speakers with anti-Semitic, homophobic, and other worrying views. Among them have been Abdullah Hakim Quick, Muhammad ibn Adam al-Kawthari, and Abu Eesa Niamatullah.
Old 05-28-2017, 07:11 PM   #319
Flames in 07
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Hahaha. Deep. And you think arguing with me is like arguing with a plant? You seriously said nothing and just post 5 links. Remember the time your reply was "Whatever"? This is almost as funny.

I bet I can dig out 5 links that can support that the Earth is flat, abortion is bad, abortion is good and that Archie bunker wasn't a moron. If your way of going through a thought process or to test a hypothesis is to paste links from a google search ... I got no words. It's like I'm talking to a plant.
Old 05-28-2017, 07:13 PM   #320
peter12
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Hahaha. Deep. And you think arguing with me is like arguing with a plant? You seriously said nothing and just post 5 links. Remember the time your reply was "Whatever"? This is almost as funny.

I bet I can dig out 5 links that can support that the Earth is flat, abortion is bad, abortion is good and that Archie bunker wasn't a moron. If your way of going through a thought process or to test a hypothesis is to paste links from a google search ... I got no words. It's like I'm talking to a plant.
I mean, at least he's making a case.