Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 08-14-2017, 02:52 PM   #1
Traditional_Ale
Franchise Player

Exp:
Default Eye Exam for low income?

I have called so many different numbers from so many different run-arounds (AHS, 811, Alberta Supports, etc etc etc) and it appears nobody actually knows jack s**t about this. The story goes like this:

Five weeks ago I was assaulted and the next day was in emergency surgery to repair my badly damaged eye. I have been unable to work and only now am healed enough to get back at it. The problem is that my only glasses were broken and my last eye exam was three years ago. Also, with the injury there is a good chance my prescription has changed otherwise I'd have ordered cheap glasses off the internet by now.

Does anyone in the CP brain-trust have any idea where I can turn to for help? I've haven't seen properly for five weeks. I cant see anything unless its within six inches of my face so I can't drive, and taking the bus anywhere new is impossible without asking every single passing person where I am. Thanks, everyone!

So far, this is the oldest I've been.
Traditional_Ale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 03:20 PM   #2
Knut

Exp:

You should be able to get an eye health examination by your Optometrist under Alberta health care. You may or may not be able to get the prescription part of the examination covered (as technically it is not).

Do you have a lawyer dealing with the assault ? Typically new glasses/eye exam would fall under damages.
Knut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 03:24 PM   #3
Traditional_Ale
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hes View Post
You should be able to get an eye health examination by your Optometrist under Alberta health care. You may or may not be able to get the prescription part of the examination covered (as technically it is not).

Do you have a lawyer dealing with the assault ? Typically new glasses/eye exam would fall under damages.
No lawyer, but the problem is that I need to get working again now and I don't have the resources to get the glasses any time soon. Being off that long tapped me out pretty good, and I'm not going to be seeing restitution $$$ for a while yet. Indeed, my optometrist told me it didn't include the prescription, but that doesn't help me. The effing jerk wouldn't even help me find somewhere else, and I spent over a grand last time I was in there.

Old 08-14-2017, 03:28 PM   #4
Traditional_Ale
Franchise Player

Exp:

CP wins again! I won't spill story now, but its a CPer to the rescue once again!!!

Old 08-14-2017, 04:08 PM   #5
EVERLAST
Franchise Player

Location: https://homestars.com/companies/2808346-keith-my-furnace-guy
Exp:

I was just about to say I'd chip in and help a fellow cp'er ....glad to hear someone stepped up.
EVERLAST is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to EVERLAST For This Useful Post:
Old 08-16-2017, 05:02 PM   #6
rvd123
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Was that you on the news today getting pepper sprayed ?
rvd123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 10:44 PM   #7
ToewsFan
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traditional_Ale View Post
CP wins again! I won't spill story now, but its a CPer to the rescue once again!!!
Thanks to whoever helped you.
ToewsFan is offline   Reply With Quote