Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 05-25-2017, 09:24 AM   #461
trackercowe
Franchise Player

Exp:

I would love a season with 16-20 complete physical threats. Bring back Malcolm, Joe, Ozzy, Brad, Matt, James, Rob, and whoever else was a completely dominate physical threat. Because those players never get a fair shake because everyone just assumes they're going to win their way to the final.
trackercowe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to trackercowe For This Useful Post:
Old 05-25-2017, 09:36 AM   #462
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

^
I'm kinda done with old Survivors for awhile. Sure, do 20 new people who are physical threats though. Different types, like team sport football and basketball players, climbers, surfers etc. Unique skill sets and see how they measure up.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 09:37 AM   #463
Flash Walken
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

I honestly don't care at all about these so called challenge beasts and the game doesn't seem to reward them.

If I want to watch a physical soap opera I will tune into wwf.
Flash Walken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 09:40 AM   #464
Oling_Roachinen
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackercowe View Post
Because those players never get a fair shake because everyone just assumes they're going to win their way to the final.
Well Mike Holloway and Brad Culpepper pretty much did.
Oling_Roachinen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 09:49 AM   #465
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oling_Roachinen View Post
Instead he let his massive ego cost him a million dollars because someone had the audacity to not realize that it was Brad's island.
This is something I've been wondering about. Watching Brad play was interesting. He often seemed to me to be playing like someone who didn't need or didn't care about the million. He was there to redeem himself and for Monica (or maybe to prove that he could do just as well or better than Monica...)

The rest usually play like they really NEED a million.

Maybe that's a future season concept: "Haves vs the Have Nots" or something like that.
WhiteTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 09:59 AM   #466
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

I want Survivor

Cons versus the Guards.

Take 8 of the hardest death row prisoners, and 8 of the toughest prison guards from high security military prisons to supermaxes.

Put them on an Island.

If a guard wins, a million dollars

If the con wins, he wins his freedom.

Physical challenges involve no holds barred violence, where the only rule on the Island, would be no weapons that use chemical or electrical propellant.

Outwit, Outlast, Backstab, Play, Snitch

Survivor.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 10:01 AM   #467
trackercowe
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteTiger View Post

Maybe that's a future season concept: "Haves vs the Have Nots" or something like that.
Survivor gods versus clods.
trackercowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 10:03 AM   #468
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Survivor 99% vs 1% release the hounds.

The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 05-25-2017, 10:09 AM   #469
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Survivor: People of Walmart edition.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post:
Old 05-25-2017, 10:27 AM   #470
Cheese
Franchise Player

Exp:

Survivor: Muslims vs Christians
Cheese is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cheese For This Useful Post:
Old 05-25-2017, 02:39 PM   #471
KevanGuy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Woo! My first Survivor pool win! And bonus points for picking the first out and the winner. I'm glad Sarah won, she played a good game. The Triple H season seems a little contrived but I'm looking forward to new players. Very done with lots of these returnees.

And thanks WhiteTiger for organizing again!
KevanGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KevanGuy For This Useful Post:
Old 05-25-2017, 04:41 PM   #472
Oling_Roachinen
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheese View Post
Survivor: Muslims vs Christians
If they got to have their gimmicks, especially the controversial ones like separating by races, I'd actually love to see a season of believers vs atheists. (I don't think it's been done before?). Get a bunch of hardcore believers together, preachers, monks, orthodox followers, devout believers who pray to Mecca daily, others who observe the Sabbath etc. I guess probably putting a bunch of hardcore religious people of different faiths on a tribe together is a recipe for disaster but it would be neat to see if they could come together at all and if any would be slimy to get that million. And of course on the otherside have a variety of different, but vocal, atheists who will now have to navigate the field when they merge.
Oling_Roachinen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Oling_Roachinen For This Useful Post:
Old 05-25-2017, 05:49 PM   #473
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

How about a Survivor jerks versus mma fighters.

That would be cool.

Old 05-25-2017, 11:47 PM   #474
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

The final three Ponderosas

Ciri:

Aubry:

Tai:

Last edited by WhiteTiger; 05-25-2017 at 11:50 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to WhiteTiger For This Useful Post:
Old 05-26-2017, 12:40 AM   #475
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Watching the Aubrey one was kind of neat because you got a sense of a person who got everything she could out of the game and it had a profound effect on how she see's herself. You also get a sense that she won't be back for another game.

I'm also blown away by the difference in game Makalya and Ponderosa Makalya. She was so unlikable in the game, and in the reunion and in Ponderosa she incredibly likeable and insightful and she feels like someone who knows herself.

The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 05-26-2017, 09:27 AM   #476
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

Watched the Cirie one. I'm not sure that I agree with Debbie in that Cirie was poised to win this one. I think if she'd have ended up in the Final 3, that the votes would have went to Brad, not her. Could just be me, though.

I've also seen/heard a lot of blowback about "how many idols" were in play. I guess I'm one of the few who didn't have a problem with that, too. I consider that part of the "Outplay" aspect of the game. You know there are idols out there. You know (or by now, you ought to) that there are advantages that folks can earn. You need to get out and hustle for an idol of your own or an advantage of your own. Kind of like what Sarah was saying...eyes open all the time.

Does it suck to be the only person in the tribe without some kind of Immunity? I imagine that it sure does. But that's part of the game.
Old 05-26-2017, 10:58 AM   #477
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Watched the Cirie one. I'm not sure that I agree with Debbie in that Cirie was poised to win this one. I think if she'd have ended up in the Final 3, that the votes would have went to Brad, not her. Could just be me, though.

I've also seen/heard a lot of blowback about "how many idols" were in play. I guess I'm one of the few who didn't have a problem with that, too. I consider that part of the "Outplay" aspect of the game. You know there are idols out there. You know (or by now, you ought to) that there are advantages that folks can earn. You need to get out and hustle for an idol of your own or an advantage of your own. Kind of like what Sarah was saying...eyes open all the time.

Does it suck to be the only person in the tribe without some kind of Immunity? I imagine that it sure does. But that's part of the game.
I feel like they didn't do enough to snuff out idols this year and get people to use them.

I thought it was awesome when Tai used both of his and the others panicked and used theirs!
Weitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 10:59 AM   #478
Parallex
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
I'm also blown away by the difference in game Makalya and Ponderosa Makalya. She was so unlikable in the game, and in the reunion and in Ponderosa she incredibly likeable and insightful and she feels like someone who knows herself.
Not that hard to figure out... roof, soft bed, full belly.
Parallex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 11:45 AM   #479
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weitz View Post
I feel like they didn't do enough to snuff out idols this year and get people to use them.

I thought it was awesome when Tai used both of his and the others panicked and used theirs!
Yeah, that was a thing, too. No one did almost anything to try to flush/burn idols, it seems. They just toddled along not really seeming to care that there are likely idols to be played, and just let the chips fall where they may...which happened to be the Final 6.
Old 05-26-2017, 03:03 PM   #480
Barnes
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

It's Cirie. Her against anyone in the final and she wins no question. Think of it as a lifetime achievement award.
Barnes is offline   Reply With Quote