Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 01-21-2017, 09:12 AM   #241
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

As long as they are engaged and putting in the effort, they'll still make the Eastern Conference finals. It's a long season, we know these lulls just happen, Raps are 5-5 in the last 10, but the Cavs are just 6-4. Tough to care an entire season unless you're going for 70+ wins like the Warriors. And look where that got them, gassed by the end of the Finals. Not excusing the loss, it was pathetic. But virtually impossible to take much meaningful from a January game. They've proven over the last 16 months they are indeed the second best team in the East. Not much from the other teams has changed that to me.
Old 01-21-2017, 09:22 PM   #242
Drake
Franchise Player

Exp:

I cant believe they gave #23 that timeout, at no point did he have possession of the rebound. Either way it's always great when he loses.

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 06:28 PM   #243
The Big Chill
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

Raptors really struggling again. DeRozan went out hurt, Lowry ejected. You can see they are visibly frustrated right now.
The Big Chill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 07:56 PM   #244
Johnny199r
First Line Centre

Exp:

How many 3's did they miss in the 4th quarter? Toooooooooooooooooo many.
Johnny199r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 09:23 PM   #245
killer_carlson
Franchise Player

Exp:

whoa!

Some 4th quarter adversity and the coach can't think of any offensive plays aside from guard isolations and long distance, low percentage shots?

You're kidding me!

This is why the Raptors are pretenders. They cannot handle crunch time unless Derozan is getting to the foul line and Lowry hits the occasional 3. It is a coaching issue and a big deficiency in the team.
Old 01-23-2017, 12:20 AM   #246
St. Pats
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by killer_carlson View Post
whoa!

Some 4th quarter adversity and the coach can't think of any offensive plays aside from guard isolations and long distance, low percentage shots?

You're kidding me!

This is why the Raptors are pretenders. They cannot handle crunch time unless Derozan is getting to the foul line and Lowry hits the occasional 3. It is a coaching issue and a big deficiency in the team.
Frankly he never has during his entire tenure. No matter the quarter. This looks like the team in the playoffs when Lowry and DD are nowhere to be seen. Like last year when the scrubs and JV got them past the first round. They are indeed pretenders and only very marginally better than any of the six seeds behind them(for now). Can you see them losing to the Hornets or Bulls etc. in the playoffs. You know you can!
St. Pats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 03:36 PM   #247
killer_carlson
Franchise Player

Exp:

not only can I see them losing, if you told me today that the first round would be a sweep, but not tell me if the Raptors won or lost, i'm not sure i'd take the bet that the won.
Old 01-23-2017, 07:10 PM   #248
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Well the biggest downside to this slide to me is Cleveland is sliding just as bad. Cavs down 20 at the half to New Orleans, so they'll be 4-6 in their last 10 just like the Raptors. If the Raps were playing well right now they could be 2 or 3 games up for homecourt.
Old 01-23-2017, 09:02 PM   #249
St. Pats
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

DD out for a minimum of two games. Then to be evaluated. Of course, if you are all about stats, the team is actually better when he is on the bench. But can Ross et. all make up for his points?
Old 01-25-2017, 07:09 PM   #250
Drake
Franchise Player

Exp:

Where were you when Marc Gasol scored 16pts in 3 minutes?

Old 01-25-2017, 08:06 PM   #251
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Another Cavs loss, another game the Raps probably won't do anything about it. Home court might not help much, but obviously can't hurt either.
Old 01-26-2017, 10:12 AM   #252
TheAlpineOracle
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

http://www.tsn.ca/nba/video/lebron-f...ending~1043691

The Cavs have the highest payroll in the league, what the hell does he expect? A 25M dollar player at each and every starting position and coming off the bench?

This guy is an absolute clown. Mentioning him the same breath as Jordan is laughable in my opinion.
TheAlpineOracle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TheAlpineOracle For This Useful Post:
Old 01-26-2017, 05:08 PM   #253
bluejays
Franchise Player

Exp:

Lebron is an idiot. He may not be a millennial, but he really acts like it in so many regards. He can't have his cake and eat it too. Sadly, being a star player in the NBA means you can call some of these shots. I'm glad the GM for the most part stuck to his guns on this. Too bad he didn't say that Lebron didn't apologize. That would've really called his selfishness out.
bluejays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 06:55 PM   #254
Drake
Franchise Player

Exp:

Bulls are a mess. Rondo calling out Butler/Wade on Instagram now after lasts night debacle at home. Lol They need to blow that mess up.

Old 01-27-2017, 06:57 PM   #255
Drake
Franchise Player

Exp:

Butler and Wade didn't start tonight for there comments the other night. That makes sense, bench the only two NBA caliber players. Holiberg is way in over his head.

Old 01-27-2017, 10:23 PM   #256
kmart
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleury View Post
Lebron is an idiot. He may not be a millennial, but he really acts like it in so many regards. He can't have his cake and eat it too. Sadly, being a star player in the NBA means you can call some of these shots. I'm glad the GM for the most part stuck to his guns on this. Too bad he didn't say that Lebron didn't apologize. That would've really called his selfishness out.
This is coming from a guy who requested his ownership to sign Tristan Thompson and JR Smith during negotiations, prompting them to sign them to pretty bad deals
kmart is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to kmart For This Useful Post:
Old 01-27-2017, 11:35 PM   #257
Drake
Franchise Player

Exp:

James Harden is the first player in NBA history to record two 50-point triple-doubles in a single season.

Old 01-28-2017, 01:02 AM   #258
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
James Harden is the first player in NBA history to record two 50-point triple-doubles in a single season.
He was in on 80 points for the Rockets. What an amazing season. But he is going to be worn down for the playoffs as he is playing big minutes and always with the ball. Although not a lot of defense...
Strange Brew is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Strange Brew For This Useful Post:
Old 01-29-2017, 01:06 AM   #259
St. Pats
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Celtics win and move into a tie for 2nd place in the conference standings. Raptors once comfortable margin gone.
Old 01-30-2017, 08:07 PM   #260
St. Pats
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Not surprised there are not any comments about the Raptors lately. Almost like we have accepted that they are first round fodder if they don't get their act together. Not talking about the recent horrible streak either. They haven't played defense all year long and their offense was completely unsustainable.

Sullinger has proved to be meh(to be fair he hasn't had time to get into the swing of things). Does anyone see this team even duplicating last year's feat without either a total dedication to defense or a major trade?

Tags
competitive disparity , in masai we trust , minny is further north , nat'l blowout association , nba 2k17 is the bomb , swept away , yawnba