Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 04-26-2017, 02:04 PM   #541
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sl888 View Post
You are not wrong.

You guys are forgetting about the bedroom scene near the end of S2E9.....she knows.
I might be. Does Jimmy outright tell her he did it in that scene?

"I see as much misery out of them moving to justify theirselves as them that set out to do harm."
-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran
Yamer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 10:38 PM   #542
Flash Walken
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Kim knows that not only did Jimmy change the documents, but that he is has an almost alternate personality as Viktor.

She knows he is a con. It is Chuck's appeal to her, he knows ultimately that Jimmy will erode or corrupt her.

Agree with trout about making Jimmy the sympathetic character as of course that was also the case in breaking bad. Chuck is the hero here, forcing himself to get down in the muck to fight dirty against an opponent who thrives in the murkiness of it all.

I think ultimately Kim's demise will be a hesitancy after she has already toed over the line. Jimmy knows in for a penny, in for a pound but I think Kim will attempt to go back to the light only for it to burn her.

I am loving the Howard character. That scene last season where him and Kim are doing the walk through the lower law offices and he has this borderline murderous look on his face until right before rounding the corner and he puts on his 'happy face'.

Watching him adjust his tie doing this ludicrous fence hopping, top notch stuff. That Howard guy just seems like the biggest prick in the world. Every successful law firm has at least one guy like that as a partner I imagine.

I can't tell the significance of the old pair of shoes falling off the wire.

Are we supposed to think that Mike shot them off the line to gauge the distance? Did they really just fall? Thoughts?
Flash Walken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 10:52 PM   #543
Barnes
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash Walken View Post
Kim knows that not only did Jimmy change the documents, but that he is has an almost alternate personality as Viktor.

She knows he is a con. It is Chuck's appeal to her, he knows ultimately that Jimmy will erode or corrupt her.

Agree with trout about making Jimmy the sympathetic character as of course that was also the case in breaking bad. Chuck is the hero here, forcing himself to get down in the muck to fight dirty against an opponent who thrives in the murkiness of it all.

I think ultimately Kim's demise will be a hesitancy after she has already toed over the line. Jimmy knows in for a penny, in for a pound but I think Kim will attempt to go back to the light only for it to burn her.

I am loving the Howard character. That scene last season where him and Kim are doing the walk through the lower law offices and he has this borderline murderous look on his face until right before rounding the corner and he puts on his 'happy face'.

Watching him adjust his tie doing this ludicrous fence hopping, top notch stuff. That Howard guy just seems like the biggest prick in the world. Every successful law firm has at least one guy like that as a partner I imagine.

I can't tell the significance of the old pair of shoes falling off the wire.

Are we supposed to think that Mike shot them off the line to gauge the distance? Did they really just fall? Thoughts?
The shoes falling off the wire was set in the Breaking Bad era hence the Los Pollos Hermanos truck. The route was taken over from Salamanca by Fring. The shoes were old and weathered. Mike hung them up brand new.
Barnes is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Barnes For This Useful Post:
Old 04-27-2017, 01:27 AM   #544
Flash Walken
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnes View Post
The shoes falling off the wire was set in the Breaking Bad era hence the Los Pollos Hermanos truck. The route was taken over from Salamanca by Fring. The shoes were old and weathered. Mike hung them up brand new.
Oh man, thanks. I didn't put that together with the hermanos truck.

They also appear to be implying then that Gus is now using Hector's old territory in breaking bad timeline.
Flash Walken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 09:17 AM   #545
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash Walken View Post
Oh man, thanks. I didn't put that together with the hermanos truck.

They also appear to be implying then that Gus is now using Hector's old territory in breaking bad timeline.
That was known in Breaking Bad. Why they hated each other and what not.
Weitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 12:24 PM   #546
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

I kind of feel bad for Kim. She's the total package and looks to be a budding superstar lawyer but as long as she's involved with Jimmy she's never going to reach her potential. I assume they eventually have a major falling out and it will be interesting to see what ends up the final straw.
Erick Estrada is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Erick Estrada For This Useful Post:
Old 04-27-2017, 12:41 PM   #547
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
I kind of feel bad for Kim. She's the total package and looks to be a budding superstar lawyer but as long as she's involved with Jimmy she's never going to reach her potential. I assume they eventually have a major falling out and it will be interesting to see what ends up the final straw.

It might be noted that nowhere in BB was it implied that Saul was single. It's possible he and Kim are together up until what goes down at the end of BB. I am guessing his name change to Saul Goodman would be just to get Chuck off his back.
Wormius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 04:53 PM   #548
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormius View Post
It might be noted that nowhere in BB was it implied that Saul was single. It's possible he and Kim are together up until what goes down at the end of BB. I am guessing his name change to Saul Goodman would be just to get Chuck off his back.
I don't know. I feel like it was strongly implied that he was single. Finding out at the end of this series that Kim is his wife or common law, just not shown, would seem like a cop out.

I think we need to see Jimmy abandon or destroy his relationship with Kim for his transformation to be complete.

Breaking Bad spoiler:

Spoiler!

Last edited by Cecil Terwilliger; 04-27-2017 at 04:56 PM.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 11:35 PM   #549
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil Terwilliger View Post
I don't know. I feel like it was strongly implied that he was single. Finding out at the end of this series that Kim is his wife or common law, just not shown, would seem like a cop out.

I think we need to see Jimmy abandon or destroy his relationship with Kim for his transformation to be complete.

Breaking Bad spoiler:

Spoiler!
I think he would be smart enough to keep his family ties secret.

I don't think there is really a transformation per se to be made. Not like Walt's anyway. Jimmy hasn't been a very upstanding individual at all in the series, and I think the eventual name change eventually is two-fold: get Chuck off his back, since I think Chuck feels like Jimmy is soiling the family name; and to also protect his loved ones from whatever violent criminals he deals with. A Kim McGill would be a prime target for retribution.

Anyway, I just think its a real possibility that nothing tragic happens to his relationships, and that there is a lot we don't know about him during his BB-era days.
Old 04-29-2017, 09:28 AM   #550
Jacks
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I am guessing his name change to Saul Goodman would be just to get Chuck off his back.
That's what I'm thinking too. That case seems unwinnable unless he can somehow get Howard to turn on Chuck and pay off the private investigator, unlikely. Seems much more likely that Jimmy will strike a deal with Chuck to no longer practice law using the McGill name.

Love the tie in with Francesca, she was a fun (minor) character in BB.
Jacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 10:55 PM   #551
sl888
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamer View Post
I might be. Does Jimmy outright tell her he did it in that scene?
Bedroom scene:
Spoiler!
sl888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 09:49 AM   #552
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sl888 View Post
Bedroom scene:
Spoiler!
Interesting, but there's nothing there that indicates she outright knows what he did. All it indicates is that his idea was inspired by Kim.

"I see as much misery out of them moving to justify theirselves as them that set out to do harm."
-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran
Old 04-30-2017, 09:53 AM   #553
troutman
Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer

Exp:

When Kim asked Jimmy for $1 so she could form solicitor-client privilege, that is an indication she knows his guilt. She then focused on the admissibility of the tape, not on whether Jimmy doctored the documents.
troutman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to troutman For This Useful Post:
Old 05-01-2017, 10:26 AM   #554
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutman View Post
When Kim asked Jimmy for $1 so she could form solicitor-client privilege, that is an indication she knows his guilt. She then focused on the admissibility of the tape, not on whether Jimmy doctored the documents.
Fair point, but I didn't interpret it that way. Guess we will see how tonight shakes out.

-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran
Old 05-01-2017, 09:18 PM   #555
troutman
Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer

Exp:

Just keeps getting better. Best episode so far?

The game between Chuck and Jimmy will keep going back and forth, with each side stealing the advantage each week. It's clear now Kim is all in, and even partipating and steering Jimmy's angles. It's odd though how there is zero passion between them - they are like brother and sister.

Good to see the roots of Hector's rivalry with Gus. Eladio doesn't mind a competition between them. Gus was terrific with his staff.

More great camera shots - Jimmy and Kim walking out of the courthouse - Jimmy turning to apologize to Chuck - Hector as seen from the pool - Hector scraping his shoe on Gus's desk - Mike talking to Gus in the parkade.

"bullet too humane"

http://www.avclub.com/tvclub/better-...ings-he-254536

Quote:
Mike drives Chuck out of his way with a battery-powered drill, wielding it exactly as he did the shots in the air at that Mexican intersection last week.

“you’re the Ansel Adams of covert photography,”

Jimmy and Kim have allied to forge a new family out of the wreckage of a failed one. Maybe not a marriage, but a bond of loyalty. Gus fights for the people he’s brought into his inner circle. Mike fights for the granddaughter who falls asleep on his chest. But all of them have brought innocents into the line of fire.

“Nice to fix something for once,” Mike comments

“no one should treat his own brother like that, not ever.”

Last edited by troutman; 05-02-2017 at 10:01 AM.
troutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 02:32 PM   #556
sl888
Backup Goalie

Exp:

^ BEST episode so far!! A must watch episode for BB fans who did not get into BCS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamer View Post
Interesting, but there's nothing there that indicates she outright knows what he did. All it indicates is that his idea was inspired by Kim.
No no, this scene happened after Jimmy changed the documents.
Jimmy leaves for the 24 hour copy shop because the copy guy is the only witness to the crime. He arrives just as Ernesto is leaving to return with Chuck.

Kim knows he changed the documents and is telling Jimmy to cover his tracks.
sl888 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sl888 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-02-2017, 09:46 PM   #557
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

I am at a loss for what Jimmy and Kim have in mind with the photos Mike took, and the knowledge that Chuck still has the original tape. Think they might doctor the tape to make Chuck sound crazy if he decides the play it in court?
Old 05-03-2017, 06:15 AM   #558
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I am at a loss for what Jimmy and Kim have in mind with the photos Mike took, and the knowledge that Chuck still has the original tape. Think they might doctor the tape to make Chuck sound crazy if he decides the play it in court?
They just got Chuck to admit that he made another tape, the original is safe. This shows that he intended to trap Jimmy. They can now build their case around that. Not sure on the photos.
Fuzz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 09:15 AM   #559
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

I thought they were setting up mike to steal the tape or something?
Weitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 09:43 AM   #560
Baron von Kriterium
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

With respect to the photos, I think Jimmy and Kim can use them to show that Chuck is mentally ill (especially in regards to the photo of the lantern on the newspaper) and they will frame the break-in as Jimmy looking out for the well-being of his brother. Jimmy is the legal guardian, isn't he?

The scene with Kim, Howard and Chuck showed that the Bar hearing is more relaxed than a real court so, perhaps, the details on where the photos originated might not be considered.

Tags
breaking bad , saul goodman