Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-21-2014, 11:06 PM   #441
Acey
Franchise Player

Exp:

Rumours that Rupert Friend (Quinn) will be gone. If he's out, I'm out.
Acey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 11:20 PM   #442
corporatejay
Franchise Player

Exp:

That was probably the biggest piece of #### I've ever seen in my life.
Old 12-21-2014, 11:23 PM   #443
VANFLAMESFAN
Franchise Player

Exp:

Finale just didn't live up to what they gave us in this awesome season. Not sure how anyone could call the finale anything but a massive letdown.
VANFLAMESFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 11:30 PM   #444
corporatejay
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by VANFLAMESFAN View Post
Finale just didn't live up to what they gave us in this awesome season. Not sure how anyone could call the finale anything but a massive letdown.
This the understatement of the century.
Old 12-22-2014, 11:48 AM   #445
1stLand
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

what are you talking about? I thought it was an awesome episode.

Saul goes against everything he stands for in order to save himself the embarrassment of having his hostage video released.
The guy on the movie Scarface was riveting in every scene he was in.
Quinn going away and not knowing if he will ever come back.

I thought it was a great episode. We see the more human side of all the characters during the reception after the Funeral.
One of the most powerful men in the country does something as simple as bringing a plate of his wife's lasagna. It felt real.

Also, did you notice the letter on the top of the Pile that Quinn gave the guy was addressed to Carrie? I think its an ominous sign that he dies.

Last edited by 1stLand; 12-22-2014 at 11:49 AM. Reason: addition
1stLand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 03:09 PM   #446
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

That it no way was an awesome episode. It would have been an "ok" episode if it was one of the first episodes of the year. Not as a season finale following an episode where the director of Black Ops is in a car with the most wanted terrorist.

It was an awful episode considering it's placement. Character development for a newly introduced character in a season finale? Seriously. Awful.
nik- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 06:02 PM   #447
Acey
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stLand View Post
I thought it was a great episode. We see the more human side of all the characters during the reception after the Funeral.
I don't have a problem with what they were trying to do in this finale, but the execution simply wasn't there. Don't call it "Long Time Coming" and just fata around for 52 minutes.

Carrie's mom drama. Cool. This failed simply because it was introduced way too late in the season and there wasn't time to do it properly, or rather there's things we care way more about after two episodes that had me on the edge of my seat.

Carrie and Quinn. Cool... whole season was building up to this, so execute it properly. Ravage her in the back of your truck or something. Annoying seeing Quinn be a biatch like that after a season of him F'ing up people up and building a bomb to blow a car full of people to smitherines. Poor execution.

Carrie and Saul. Your suspicions about this mess are confirmed and you're just gonna walk away like that and not lay into Saul like we've seen you do so many times? That ain't Carrie. That ain't Homeland. That's a bunch of writers who inexplicably forgot what damn show they were writing for.
Old 12-22-2014, 06:25 PM   #448
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

ya my issue is with it as a finale

as an episode I think it's a B/B+, as a finale it's a D-

if last weeks episode was the end of the season and they saved this for next years premiere I would have liked it a lot
d_phaneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 08:29 PM   #449
Mike F
Franchise Player

Exp:

What a waste of time.

Started three times to put my criticisms in order, but it's not worth it. Show went from illogically zany last episode to insomnia curingly boring this one. The only consistent thread is its insistence on giving Claire Danes at least one scrunchie face scene per episode to add to her Emmy submission reel.
Mike F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2014, 11:44 PM   #450
Machiavelli
Franchise Player

Exp:

I am disappoint.
Old 12-24-2014, 11:54 PM   #451
Machiavelli
Franchise Player

Exp:

Oh, and baby Brody is a better actor than those annoying twins on SOA.
Old 12-25-2014, 12:17 AM   #452
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machiavelli View Post
Oh, and baby Brody is a better actor than those annoying twins on SOA.
Lets not talk about that baby. That baby is ####ing terrifying.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to nik- For This Useful Post:
Old 12-26-2014, 06:45 AM   #453
Displaced Flames fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Not a fan of the episode, but it did set up an interesting dynamic for next season....

Crazy Carrie and her mentor become adversaries after the latter sends the former's true love to his death, again (sort of).

Anything they can do to increase the camera time/plot importance for Saul is a positive in my book.
Old 12-31-2014, 09:21 AM   #454
Da_Chief
Franchise Player

Exp:

So first Brodie and now possibly Quinn? Ya this show is going downhill, not to mention they got rid of the only eye candy...
Da_Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 06:29 PM   #455
Acey
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Chief View Post
not to mention they got rid of the only eye candy...
You mean Dana Brody?
Old 01-06-2015, 03:18 AM   #456
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Finally caught up on this show over the last few days, and OMG that was possibly the worst season finale in the history of everything. I kept waiting for the ball to drop on something, anything, and the biggest thing to happen was Saul's compliance with the deal.

Overall, the season was pretty damn good...but that finale left a sour taste in the mouth going into #5.

"I see as much misery out of them moving to justify theirselves as them that set out to do harm."
-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran
Yamer is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Yamer For This Useful Post:
Old 01-08-2015, 06:26 PM   #457
Roof-Daddy
Franchise Player

Exp:

I thought that season was absolutely awesome.

Then the finale came......and there was absolutely no closure whatsoever. They got their a$$es handed to them badly, and then it really went out with a whimper.

Hopefully they make up for it in season 5.
Roof-Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 11:08 AM   #458
Huntingwhale
Franchise Player

Exp:

Just finished the season and that finale was horrible.

- A new character in the mother that suddenly appears out of no where. Who cares. Just another stupid family issue angle that is certain just make everyone pissed off
-The whole "Saul sold out" to become director angle. What exactly was so embarrassing about that video of him? Did I miss something? He was a prisoner and the terrorists recorded him. So what? Not his fault. The whole room of American and Pakistani operatives saw him on it already. I don't get why that would hold him back from getting the job. And the whole thing with Dar in the car was never fully explained in a satisfactory way. Maybe that's being held over for next season.

I love this show and I'm glad I ran across it. The episodes that are good, are easily some of the best TV I've ever seen. But the bad episodes just suck. Never any middle ground really. But like SoA, I feel like I'm forced to watch season 5 now out of obligation instead of genuine curiosity.
Huntingwhale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 11:12 AM   #459
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntingwhale View Post
Just finished the season and that finale was horrible.

- A new character in the mother that suddenly appears out of no where. Who cares. Just another stupid family issue angle that is certain just make everyone pissed off
-The whole "Saul sold out" to become director angle. What exactly was so embarrassing about that video of him? Did I miss something? He was a prisoner and the terrorists recorded him. So what? Not his fault. The whole room of American and Pakistani operatives saw him on it already. I don't get why that would hold him back from getting the job. And the whole thing with Dar in the car was never fully explained in a satisfactory way. Maybe that's being held over for next season.

I love this show and I'm glad I ran across it. The episodes that are good, are easily some of the best TV I've ever seen. But the bad episodes just suck. Never any middle ground really. But like SoA, I feel like I'm forced to watch season 5 now out of obligation instead of genuine curiosity.
He's a former CIA chief who allowed himself to be abducted, and then was bartered by the government for the release of the entire leadership of a terror network. The terror network which then attacked the American embassy killing who knows how many and causing the Americans to leave Pakistan.

That's pretty bad.
Old 02-10-2015, 04:11 PM   #460
Sr. Mints
First Line Centre

Exp:

What a turd of a season finale, especially in contrast to the excitement and momentum the show built this season.
Sr. Mints is offline   Reply With Quote