Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 07-29-2014, 10:58 AM   #61
Trailer Fire
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_only_turek_fan View Post
^ That Coyotes jersey is among the worst in NHL history.
False. That Coyotes jersey is amazing.
Old 07-29-2014, 11:01 AM   #62
Pierre "Monster" McGuire
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by getbak View Post
Yup. Here's Kesler modeling the new whites too...

On the preview image, and the jerseys they gave out at the draft, the border around the numbers is orange, so the lettering on Kesler's jersey is probably leftover gold border stock from last season.
Ryan Kesler needs to shave his neck. That's gross.
Pierre "Monster" McGuire is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Pierre "Monster" McGuire For This Useful Post:
Old 07-29-2014, 11:01 AM   #63
codynw
Franchise Player

Exp:

That Coyotes jersey looks like a really bad ECHL jersey.
codynw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 11:15 AM   #64
DionTheDman
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre "Monster" McGuire View Post
Ryan Kesler needs to shave his neck. That's gross.
Burrows used to do it for him on "Pad Thai Tuesdays", but he can't any more since they're on different teams.
DionTheDman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DionTheDman For This Useful Post:
Old 07-29-2014, 11:16 AM   #65
bax
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by codynw View Post
That Coyotes jersey looks like a really bad ECHL jersey.

Not true. That jersey has character and is awesome
bax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 11:44 AM   #66
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bingo View Post
I just can't for the life of me understand why this hasn't already been done. Love it.
Because it's already been done?

Except for the shoulder patches it's already done the rounds. As much as we all love the retros, they're not going to revive it just to add a shoulder patch. It's time we start looking at something new and different. Something we haven't seen just with slight alterations. But something that can still looks like a classic jersey. Obviously the new thirds were a complete flop on the design side of things, but there are plenty of good, new ideas that came up in the Ken King thread.
djsFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 11:48 AM   #67
codynw
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think the retros should be the permanent home/away jerseys. I know it's been beat to death, but those jerseys are fantastic.
codynw is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to codynw For This Useful Post:
Old 07-29-2014, 12:24 PM   #68
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsidian View Post
Modified those for a Flames version:

Looked a bit off at first, but I'm really coming around to it! Maybe I'll do the aways too.
Modification to your modification.. or just me screwing around.

Black patches don't work too well, but i kept the striping and just added a whole lot of yellow instead.
djsFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to djsFlames For This Useful Post:
Old 07-29-2014, 12:59 PM   #69
Burke Salad
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by playmaker View Post
here's my concept from the 'Ken King please read' thread

Spoiler!
Perfection - wake up Flames and get these going!
Burke Salad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 04:01 PM   #70
FireGilbert
Franchise Player

Exp:

A few jersey comments:

The Ducks jerseys are no longer worst in the league but I'm still not a fan of them. It still seems like they couldn't decide to copy the colours of Philly or Pittsburgh so they just took both. The Ducks need to go back to teal and eggplant since it was original and the white versions were one of the best in the league. I would also accept them going all orange like the winter classic to fully embrace Orange County and at least that only copies Philly's colours.

Those old Phoenix uniforms were hideous and I am not sure why they would bring them back even for one game. The Coyotes made a great decision switching from those very busy multi-coloured jerseys and going with a simple two colour look. I guess they still look good compared to this and most other third jerseys at the time.

That's awesome the Hitmen are bring back the Brett Hart coloured uniforms again. At the time they were the most original jerseys in all of hockey, it's just too bad they couldn't use the great logo initially. The copper also looks good but there would have been no problem if they had never changed.

Finally, like others I am really hoping the get rid of all three current Flames jerseys and approve of the modernized classic look above. I would be happy if a new Flames jersey had the following: No vertical striping or 45 degree can't make up your mind pedestal striping . No horse heads or flags on the shoulders, either go with nothing or the new secondary logo. Mainly Red and Yellow. I would only accept a small amount of black as an outline or small stripes. I could also handle them still wearing black pants since Team Canada has shown they can look fine when paired with a mostly red jersey.
FireGilbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 07:20 PM   #71
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Anybody posted these yet? Not sure how I feel about the third but like the home/away.

Spoiler!

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1713961
btimbit is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to btimbit For This Useful Post:
Old 07-29-2014, 10:17 PM   #72
TorqueDog
Franchise Player

Exp:

Aside from the fact that we won the Cup in '89 with a similar color scheme, I will never understand the love this forum has for that orangey-red. Your Calgary Flames - color by Technicolor.

Give me the red from the 03-04 jerseys any day.
TorqueDog is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TorqueDog For This Useful Post:
Old 07-29-2014, 10:25 PM   #73
bax
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueDog View Post
Aside from the fact that we won the Cup in '89 with a similar color scheme, I will never understand the love this forum has for that orangey-red. Your Calgary Flames - color by Technicolor.

Give me the red from the 03-04 jerseys any day.

Hate to be "that guy" but the reds are exactly the same. They just appear different when paired with white, black and yellow as opposed to just white and yellow.
bax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 10:39 PM   #74
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bax View Post
Hate to be "that guy" but the reds are exactly the same. They just appear different when paired with white, black and yellow as opposed to just white and yellow.
Yup. Here's photographic proof...
Quote:
Originally Posted by getbak View Post
4 authentic jerseys side by side:

The bottom one is the current normal home jersey; on top of that is the retro jersey they wore in 09-10; on top of that is the pre-Edge home jersey with the horse heads on the shoulders; on top of that is the new third.
Old 07-29-2014, 11:24 PM   #75
Magnum PEI
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Anaheim's jerseys remind me of the Price is Right.

The black ones are the worst in the league. Even worse than Buffalo's two-sided abomination.
Magnum PEI is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Magnum PEI For This Useful Post:
Old 07-30-2014, 01:09 PM   #76
The Yen Man
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bax View Post
Blew my mind the first time I found out too, but that's all the more reason to put some black into the home jersey. I just do not like the red, orangy yellow, and white. It makes the whole jersey look orangy-red. Having some black in the jersey makes it seem like a much nicer red. It looks ok on the away jersey since white is predominate colour, which cuts down on the whole Ronald MacDonald colour scheme.
The Yen Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 01:25 PM   #77
Bingo
Owner

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsFlames View Post
Because it's already been done?

Except for the shoulder patches it's already done the rounds. As much as we all love the retros, they're not going to revive it just to add a shoulder patch. It's time we start looking at something new and different. Something we haven't seen just with slight alterations. But something that can still looks like a classic jersey. Obviously the new thirds were a complete flop on the design side of things, but there are plenty of good, new ideas that came up in the Ken King thread.
I think it's already been done is my whole point? Go back to it. If you have to change it at all I'm ok with a small change or a shoulder patch, but go back to what the Flames always should have been.

Red/Gold/White ... no black, no vertical striping, no crazy slanted podium, no horse head.

Clearly all just my opinion, and I get that others like new and change, but I love the old Bruins jerseys, I'm glad Edmonton is back to the 80s look, would love to see the Jets bring back their old logo ... heck I love the old Kings purple jerseys. Only exception is the Canucks, I'm glad they went further back to the hockey stick, because the 80s were a mess for them.
Bingo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Bingo For This Useful Post:
Old 07-30-2014, 01:52 PM   #78
Coach
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bingo View Post
I think it's already been done is my whole point? Go back to it. If you have to change it at all I'm ok with a small change or a shoulder patch, but go back to what the Flames always should have been.

Red/Gold/White ... no black, no vertical striping, no crazy slanted podium, no horse head.

Clearly all just my opinion, and I get that others like new and change, but I love the old Bruins jerseys, I'm glad Edmonton is back to the 80s look, would love to see the Jets bring back their old logo ... heck I love the old Kings purple jerseys. Only exception is the Canucks, I'm glad they went further back to the hockey stick, because the 80s were a mess for them.
Couldn't agree more. If you did a list of best pro sports jerseys/logos, the top ones are all pretty much guaranteed to have few or no changes to their jerseys since the beginning. Because they were great the first time.

It's like telling the Stones to stop using the lips because they've done it before. Well yeah, it's their logo and colors. It's kind of their thing.

It's why I like the cream ones from Split98. They are something different while also keeping in tune with the originals. And they look super classy. Plus the calgary tower patch, or the little flame on the shape of the province, or just the little flame on the cuff are all nice, unique possible additions.

Last edited by Coach; 07-30-2014 at 01:55 PM.
Coach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 08:57 PM   #79
N-E-B
Franchise Player

Exp:

I want the best of both worlds. I want to see a new design with the retro colours. Something modern but that still has a classic feel to it.
N-E-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 09:09 PM   #80
White Out 403
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'd like to see the Jets introduce their 3rd jerseys as the 80's or 90's jerseys and then over a few years have them take over. Or maybe update the colours. It's funny I like the jerseys but dont love them, yet people I talk to in everyday hockey chat around work and and elsewhere are really big fans of the new Jets jerseys.
White Out 403 is offline   Reply With Quote