Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 12-04-2008, 08:44 PM   #41
troutman
Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by algernon View Post
Wat? No CP-love for CKUA?

Who you ask? -Alberta's public broadcaster, that's who.

The standard reasons mentioned by others for rejecting commercial FM radio drove me to CKUA (93.7fm) about 6 years ago. While CKUA does have some 'endorsements', they are far, far fewer in frequency and done by the On-Air personalities, allowing me to save my sanity by not hearing "CalgaryJob@!#!#.ca" or the latest Monster-truck rally announcements 27 times per hour.

I get that not necessarily everyone cites a Bollywood song or Celtic tune as their cup o' tea, but where else are you going to also hear Thievery Corporation , Corb Lund or Burning Spear in the same set?

I have found a ton of new artists thanks to the diversity of CK, and simply can't deal with the Bull that comes out of the other stations. Oh, and I believe they have never, nor will ever, Play a ing Nickle$#c% song, which is what makes CJ92 utterly unlistenable to me.

I do listen to the Fan and the Ceeb throughout the day as well, especially with the current national political mess.
I can't get into CKUA - too folksy/granola/hippie. CJSW, CBC 2 and CBC3 seem to have more of an edge.
troutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 08:54 PM   #42
FLAMESRULE
First Line Centre

Exp:

Gotta go with 90.3 by FAR for me...followed by X92.9. Never listen to AM unless is Fan960 Flames game or QR for the Stamps and I'm stuck in my car.
FLAMESRULE is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
radio , ratings