Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 08-02-2017, 09:18 AM   #81
Otto-matic
Franchise Player

Exp:

Feel bad for
Spoiler!
- really rooting for those two to pull infront. Although this season has all likable teams IMO. No real team I dislike or hope to see eliminated.
Otto-matic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 09:27 AM   #82
Johnny Makarov
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto-matic View Post
Feel bad for
Spoiler!
- really rooting for those two to pull infront. Although this season has all likable teams IMO. No real team I dislike or hope to see eliminated.
Even the girl running the race with a 'broken back'? hahaha

That face plant by that guy was hilarious. hahaha.

Last edited by Johnny Makarov; 08-02-2017 at 09:29 AM.
Johnny Makarov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 09:29 AM   #83
Johnny Makarov
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by getbak View Post
The problem is, if it's not false-taxi drama, it will be other false drama. They love to make the endings look a lot closer than they actually are.

Take this week's episode for example. We see Korey & Ivana go an hour in the wrong direction on the way to the Pit Stop ... but they still finish ahead of Zed & Shabbir who appeared to leave the final challenge just a little while after Korey & Ivana.

I liked this week's leg, although the first part of the episode was essentially pointless since they were all on the same flight to Bangkok and had to wait for the Cat Cafe to open in the morning. I guess the interlude in Shanghai got Sinorama some value for their sponsorship.

Next week's looks like it should be a good one with the teams needing to take the Citizenship test. The horse grooming challenge looks a little gross though.
The father and son team was never close though. They were showing them both in the amulet market at the "same time" but they never mentioned each other or ran into each other in such a small place.
Old 08-02-2017, 10:58 AM   #84
GoinAllTheWay
Franchise Player

Exp:

Another example of not reading the clue burning a team badly.

Incredibly lucky the two guys managed to find their tickets. Almost blew the hole leg badly right from the start. Losing tickets and their clue as they leave the start line.....wow.
GoinAllTheWay is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GoinAllTheWay For This Useful Post:
Old 08-02-2017, 12:06 PM   #85
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto-matic View Post
Feel bad for
Spoiler!
Ya, I dunno, they didn't read the clue with the giant words saying "Don't talk!" That's on them. And with his dad not being athletic they should have known to choose the other detour. They were never going to make the end anyway.

I'm a little concerned my team the dude bros aren't going to do well in the citizenship test...Anything with calm thinking does them in.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 11:08 PM   #86
wooohooo
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I admit I have a crush on Andrea, so they're my team to win. The other team I was hoping was Zed and his Dad but they got eliminated. But overall pretty good season, no crazies like the last few amazing races.
wooohooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 11:34 AM   #87
GoinAllTheWay
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by wooohooo View Post
I admit I have a crush on Andrea
Lol, yep, me too. She's a total smoke show. Megan & Courtney also had the super cute nerd thing going on.
GoinAllTheWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 10:02 PM   #88
RyZ
First Line Centre

Exp:

That was rediculous tonight. Whats the point of a double uturn if its a non elimination leg? And the same team twice. Weak.
RyZ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RyZ For This Useful Post:
Old 08-08-2017, 10:16 PM   #89
Johnny Makarov
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyZ View Post
That was rediculous tonight. Whats the point of a double uturn if its a non elimination leg? And the same team twice. Weak.
To build animosity between the teams? That stoned dude who thought that Celine Dion wrote O'Canada needs to be booted out of this country. talk about ridiculous.
The Following User Says Thank You to Johnny Makarov For This Useful Post:
Old 08-08-2017, 10:26 PM   #90
GirlySports
NOT breaking news

Exp:

Ebonie and Andrea are so useless. How can they get so lost? More lost than Korey!

Sam and Paul left the horses last and got to the tulips first!

Last edited by GirlySports; 08-08-2017 at 10:28 PM.
GirlySports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 10:35 PM   #91
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyZ View Post
Double u turns are stupid anyway. They should only be a thing if it's mandatory for the first 2 teams to put people up.
Weitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 05:34 AM   #92
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weitz View Post
Double u turns are stupid anyway. They should only be a thing if it's mandatory for the first 2 teams to put people up.
I get why they do double u-turns. If only one team gets u-turned, it's basically a death sentence. If you have 2, they can compete and stand a chance. Best team wins. What I don't get is the non-elimination leg. I'd eliminate the hell out of it if I were running the show. It always feels like such a rip-off. You watch this competition to survive, then blamo. No big deal!
The Following User Says Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post:
Old 08-09-2017, 07:51 AM   #93
Otto-matic
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
I get why they do double u-turns. If only one team gets u-turned, it's basically a death sentence. If you have 2, they can compete and stand a chance. Best team wins. What I don't get is the non-elimination leg. I'd eliminate the hell out of it if I were running the show. It always feels like such a rip-off. You watch this competition to survive, then blamo. No big deal!
Agreed.

I can see it happening on a KOR and it really puts the other teams behind but on a NEL leg. It just removes any repercussions from doing it. I get you get the drama that comes from it but it makes the u-turns just seem like its not that big of a deal getting u-turned.
Old 08-10-2017, 08:04 PM   #94
Amethyst
First Line Centre

Exp:

Finally, caught up on the show and can read this thread again! I was out of the country, so had missed three episodes.

I was worried in the Bangkok one as my two teams were fighting it out for last. I didn't expect Zed and Shabbir to have a chance at winning overall, so if one of the two had to be eliminated, that's the team I'd prefer. Choosing the surf detour was a bad decision when you're racing with your father, unless he happens to be a surfer. Those two detour options seemed very unbalanced though. I wonder if they thought teams would find the surfing harder?

The citizenship test was rather boring from a viewers' perspective. I wondered if the blonde guy and Karen were wishing they could team up and leave their test-failing partners behind! Haha.

I hate U-turns, double U-turns, and anything of that ilk. It's one thing to have random bad luck or make a stupid mistake, but I hate seeing teams penalized for no reason other than the show inserting a gimmick for drama. I'd be cool with eliminating both U-turns and non-eliminations and just have every leg a straight-forward race. But as long as we don't have stupid things like blind date seasons or random partners like the US show, it's all good.
Amethyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 10:07 PM   #95
Amethyst
First Line Centre

Exp:

Andrea and Ebony: How dare Korey and Ivana u-turn us!
Why didn't Adam and Andrea u-turn Korey and Ivana like our plan?

Sorry, if it's okay for you to u-turn a team for strategy, it's okay for them to u-turn you too.
The Following User Says Thank You to Amethyst For This Useful Post:
Old 08-16-2017, 07:24 AM   #96
Otto-matic
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amethyst View Post
Andrea and Ebony: How dare Korey and Ivana u-turn us!
Why didn't Adam and Andrea u-turn Korey and Ivana like our plan?

Sorry, if it's okay for you to u-turn a team for strategy, it's okay for them to u-turn you too.
I always hated the drama. Its a race ffs. Maybe if they were better at directions and never got lost they could have kept their alliance together. I don't see any teams feeling bad for Kenneth and Ryan for U-turning them, or them complaining about it.

Last edited by Otto-matic; 08-16-2017 at 07:26 AM.
Old 08-16-2017, 07:37 AM   #97
Amethyst
First Line Centre

Exp:

I would prefer they didn't have the u-turn in the race, because I think it's just there to manufacture drama (plan an exciting race and you don't need fake drama). However, it's in the game, so it's fair to use it.

And especially don't complain about another team using it on you, if you were planning to use it on them if you got there first!
Old 08-19-2017, 06:27 PM   #98
csnarpy
First Line Centre

Exp:

I wish it was just a single uturn with elimination. You come last? Too bad so sad.
csnarpy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 09:37 PM   #99
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

I wish they would do a better job of spacing out the non-elimination legs. It always seems to be every other leg when they get to the middle of the Race.

That was a crazy-long leg this week. With it being a non-elimination, it also really means nothing (other than Karen & Bert needing to do a speed bump next week) because they'll all be on the same flight(s) to Regina.

Another stupid double U-Turn next week.
Old 08-22-2017, 09:53 PM   #100
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

The gimmicks are getting tiresome.