Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-01-2014, 10:49 AM   #41
Prufrock
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Old 09-01-2014, 11:20 AM   #42
Itse
Franchise Player

Exp:

The way some people consider relationships with attractive women (or any women) a mark of achievement is repulsive to me. I also think it's distasteful to talk about "snagging" women, as if they were a thing or an animal.

And no, I don't think speculating about in what terms they (Backlund, Baertchi or their apparent girlfriends) think about it is in any way relevant here. None of that is any of our business.
Itse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 03:03 PM   #43
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itse View Post
The way some people consider relationships with attractive women (or any women) a mark of achievement is repulsive to me. I also think it's distasteful to talk about "snagging" women, as if they were a thing or an animal.

And no, I don't think speculating about in what terms they (Backlund, Baertchi or their apparent girlfriends) think about it is in any way relevant here. None of that is any of our business.
How about just appreciating beauty? And the fact that they're doing that together, I find that awesome. They must be great girls.

You sure extrapolated a lot from very little. Honestly, who s### in your cheerios? You sure see the people in a very grim light.
djsFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 06:22 PM   #44
Itse
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsFlames View Post
You sure see the people in a very grim light.
I don't think so. That talk and those ideas are a large part of our culture. I don't think someone is a bad person for being wrapped up in it. Or that's how I see it anyway.

I am of course extrapolating what people say into what they think, but short of telepathy it's what I've got. But I deliberately did not make it a response to any specific message, because I don't want to pick fights.

And yeah, people also have different ideas of what's innocent and what stuff means, I get that. I obviously feel that it's not really that innocent, but I'm not going to hold it against anyone if they think it is.
Itse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 07:27 PM   #45
Da_Chief
Franchise Player

Exp:

Really great to see Sven all over the place with these charity/social awareness events. Picking up some big points from Burkie I Bet.
Da_Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 07:35 PM   #46
Racki
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Chief View Post
Really great to see Sven all over the place with these charity/social awareness events. Picking up some big points from Burkie I Bet.
He's certainly acting like he's a Calgary Flame.