Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-04-2009, 10:32 AM   #1
Cactus Jack
First Line Centre

Exp:
Default iTunes question

I bought a new laptop and downloaded iTunes last night. I transferred MOST of my music and video files to the new laptop but there are still a large amount of songs on my old I-Pod that aren't on my laptop (I have a PC). How can I copy ALL that is on the old I-pod to I-tunes given that I may not necessarily have all the files on either laptop to load them manually on to my new iTunes? Thanks
Cactus Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 10:34 AM   #2
Yeah_Baby
Franchise Player

Exp:

Sharepod
Check out The Pod-Wraiths: A Star Trek Deep Space Nine Podcast
Yeah_Baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 10:37 AM   #3
Flamesguy_SJ
First Line Centre

Exp:

Assuming you have an iPod and not an iPhone, make sure you enable your iPod to be used as a disk, then go into your My Computer and double click on whatever drive your iPod is hooked up to (make sure you have "show hidden folders" enabled), then go to iPod_Control > Music and all your music files will be in separate folders named F01, F02, etc. You can just copy the entire Music folder and put it on your desktop and then "import folder" through iTunes, or you can copy/paste all the music from each individual F01 folder into a new folder on your desktop.
Flamesguy_SJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 10:42 AM   #4
silentsim
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamesguy_SJ View Post
Assuming you have an iPod and not an iPhone, make sure you enable your iPod to be used as a disk, then go into your My Computer and double click on whatever drive your iPod is hooked up to (make sure you have "show hidden folders" enabled), then go to iPod_Control > Music and all your music files will be in separate folders named F01, F02, etc. You can just copy the entire Music folder and put it on your desktop and then "import folder" through iTunes, or you can copy/paste all the music from each individual F01 folder into a new folder on your desktop.
Programs like Sharepod make that process alot easier and cleaner.
silentsim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 11:01 AM   #5
luloo
Backup Goalie

Exp:

For a windows machine get sharepod, on a mac it is a application called senuti (itunes spelt backwards). The problem with senuti was that they started to make you pay for it but I still have a free version. If you need it pm me.
luloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 11:35 AM   #6
octothorp
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by luloo View Post
For a windows machine get sharepod, on a mac it is a application called senuti (itunes spelt backwards). The problem with senuti was that they started to make you pay for it but I still have a free version. If you need it pm me.
I've been using senuti for years and I never realized it was itunes spelled backwards.

mind = blown.
octothorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 12:09 PM   #7
You Need a Thneed
Voted for Kodos

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamesguy_SJ View Post
I've done this before - pretty much an all or nothing endeavour. You really can't see the filenames until you import the whole list into iTunes again.
You Need a Thneed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 02:01 PM   #8
Mango
Marshmallow Maiden

Exp:

I used a program called "iPod to Computer Transfer Pro". It was simple and painless.
Mango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 02:37 PM   #9
luloo
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by octothorp View Post
I've been using senuti for years and I never realized it was itunes spelled backwards.

mind = blown.
I know, i thought that was so cool, it is the only way I remember how to spell the name of the application. PS I love the avatar, just started watching Fringe...what a great show!
luloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 02:38 PM   #10
troutman
Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer

Exp:

+1 for Sharepod
troutman is offline   Reply With Quote