Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-14-2008, 08:41 PM   #1
FFR
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:
Default Itunes Video Transfer

I have a bunch of videos loaded onto my iTunes. When I sync my iphone to it, only some of the videos are transferring to my iphone. All the video files are the same type (.mp4 maybe?) and I have the option selected to sync all files and videos.

Anyone have any ideas? Maybe I have the wrong file format?
FFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 10:28 PM   #2
Barnes
Franchise Player

Exp:

Do you have it set to sync all unplayed videos? Is there a blue dot next to the name?
Barnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 07:46 AM   #3
FFR
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

The new videos I added have the blue dot beside them and the ones that were on my iphone previously do not. So the ones with the blue dot are the ones that won't go on to my phone.
Old 10-15-2008, 08:46 AM   #4
Rathji
Franchise Player

Exp:

The blue dot ones are the ones that you have not watched. Make sure your settings are loading them. My ipod is not video capeable about the actual synching so I can't tell you for sure other than the dot means you have not watched that show yet.
Old 10-15-2008, 08:54 AM   #5
Russic
Dances with Wolves

Exp:

As long as your videos are in mp4 format you shouldn't be having any problems. I would definitely check to see if your settings are whats preventing them (assuming they're all the same format).
Russic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 10:15 AM   #6
FFR
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I will take a look again when i get home, but I have it set to sync everything. I added a bunch of new movies and music a couple nights ago and all the music transferred, just not the videos. But I'll check when I get home.
Thanks
Old 10-15-2008, 09:43 PM   #7
FFR
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Update: So I still can't get the videos to transfer. They are all checked, but that shouldn't matter as under options on the sync screen I have "automatically sync when phone is connected" selected. Is there another option somewhere that I'm missing?
Old 10-15-2008, 09:47 PM   #8
Rathji
Franchise Player

Exp:

There should be a section, under the video tab that says which videos are synced.

Let me boot up my laptop and I can be sure of which tab and what it says.

Edit :Ok, I don't have my wifes Ipod here so I can't be sure about the Video tab ( mine doesn't do Video).

However, when you sync there should be a set of tabs that come up. The main one is the Summary Tab which gives you info on your device, including software versions, serial number and a few options that determine if you automaticly sync, manually manage music etc.

Now you will also have Music, Video, Podcats, Contacts tabs at the top in addition to the Summary tab. I don't have the video tab, but it is pretty similar to the music tab but it has an option to only sync videos you have not watched before and I beleive another to sync all videos.

If I understand you problem correctly, you have the "only sync unwatched videos" selected and you need to change it to " Sync All Videos"

If this doesn't work, or there is not a video tab like I have described then I can check with my wifes ipod when she gets home, since it brings up the video tab.

Last edited by Rathji; 10-15-2008 at 10:14 PM.
Rathji is offline   Reply With Quote