Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 03-20-2017, 02:19 PM   #6241
MRCboicgy
Referee

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC View Post
Donald Trump wouldn't have to make $18m education cuts if Melania lived in White House instead of Trump Tower
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a7639016.html
Can't wait till they calculate the cost of his weekend golfing trips to Florida.
Old 03-20-2017, 02:20 PM   #6242
Flash Walken
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

The cuts to public education and other institutions have absolutely nothing at all do with the cost of running them or the overall amount of spending in the budget.

They are completely unrelated.
The Following User Says Thank You to Flash Walken For This Useful Post:
Old 03-20-2017, 02:21 PM   #6243
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by burn_this_city View Post
Why is the President wasting taxpayer money stoking his ego with campaign style rallies 2 months after entering the White House? Honest question, what value does this provide, and how does it jive with the so called fiscal conservatives.

Also curious your thoughts on him spending $10M a month travelling to the Southern White House? Seems pretty excessive for someone who complained about Obama golfing all the time.
He's not using taxpayer money. He's using campaign funds for his upcoming 2020 run. That's why he filed the paperwork immediately, so he could start campaigning for 2020. Interestingly enough though, Mitch McConnell said that Merrick Garland shouldn't be confirmed during an election campaign because "the people should decide". So if I was the Dems, that's exactly what I would use to not confirm Gorsuch. Trump is already campaigning for 2020, let's hold off on a confirm until the election happens.
Old 03-20-2017, 02:21 PM   #6244
dash_pinched
Franchise Player

Exp:

nm
Old 03-20-2017, 02:21 PM   #6245
troutman
Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRCboicgy View Post
Can't wait till they calculate the cost of his weekend golfing trips to Florida.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to troutman For This Useful Post:
Old 03-20-2017, 02:22 PM   #6246
burn_this_city
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Clay Davis View Post
He's not using taxpayer money. He's using campaign funds for his upcoming 2020 run. That's why he filed the paperwork immediately, so he could start campaigning for 2020. Interestingly enough though, Mitch McConnell said that Merrick Garland shouldn't be confirmed during an election campaign because "the people should decide". So if I was the Dems, that's exactly what I would use to not confirm Gorsuch. Trump is already campaigning for 2020, let's hold off on a confirm until the election happens.
He is using taxpayer money flying on Air Force One for nothing.
Old 03-20-2017, 02:24 PM   #6247
Texas Flames Fan
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Why is the President wasting taxpayer money stoking his ego with campaign style rallies 2 months after entering the White House? Honest question, what value does this provide, and how does it jive with the so called fiscal conservatives.

Also curious your thoughts on him spending $10M a month travelling to the Southern White House? Seems pretty excessive for someone who complained about Obama golfing all the time.
The Rally's allow Trump to completely bypass the media in spreading his message to the people of the USA. Its what Obama said he would do during his campaign but then like every other Obama promise didn't happen. I am 100% for this direct messaging to eliminate fake news.
Old 03-20-2017, 02:24 PM   #6248
dash_pinched
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutman View Post
Time to implement a self-imposed travel ban?
Old 03-20-2017, 02:26 PM   #6249
MRCboicgy
Referee

Exp:

In today's distraction-from-current-events news, new rules from flights originating in over a dozen countries to the USA will not allow most electronic devices to be carried on-board. All must be checked (which also brings up the issue with lithium batteries in the cargo hold...)

https://twitter.com/jonostrower/stat...77485599051783
https://twitter.com/jonostrower/stat...97212052553729
https://twitter.com/jonostrower/stat...84287845842945

Edit: story http://money.cnn.com/2017/03/20/news...ban/index.html

Last edited by MRCboicgy; 03-20-2017 at 02:36 PM.
Old 03-20-2017, 02:26 PM   #6250
burn_this_city
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Flames Fan View Post
The Rally's allow Trump to completely bypass the media in spreading his message to the people of the USA. Its what Obama said he would do during his campaign but then like every other Obama promise didn't happen. I am 100% for this direct messaging to eliminate fake news.
What constitutes fake news? Isn't it kind of ridiculous to believe the President solely when he's been cited countless times for hyperbole and outright lying? Autocrats and dictators use the exact same tactics, don't believe anyone, only believe me! Kind of silly to blindly trust someone who has no responsibility to you at the personal level.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to burn_this_city For This Useful Post:
Old 03-20-2017, 02:29 PM   #6251
Looch City
Looooooooooooooch

Exp:

Where did our resident Trump fan go?

Edit - nevermind I'm blind.

Last edited by Looch City; 03-20-2017 at 02:37 PM.
Old 03-20-2017, 02:30 PM   #6252
Texas Flames Fan
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
What constitutes fake news? Isn't it kind of ridiculous to believe the President solely when he's been cited countless times for hyperbole and outright lying? Autocrats and dictators use the exact same tactics, don't believe anyone, only believe me! Kind of silly to blindly trust someone who has no responsibility to you at the personal level.
Well should I listen to the POTUS or should I just listen to what Wolf Blitzer or Racheal Madow's opinion? Ill take my news right from the source thank you very much.
Old 03-20-2017, 02:31 PM   #6253
burn_this_city
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Well should I listen to the POTUS or should I just listen to what Wolf Blitzer or Racheal Madow's opinion? Ill take my news right from the source thank you very much.
You should weigh the evidence from everyone. It's foolish to blindly believe what politicians say, they all lie, every one of them. Blind trust in any authority is the road to slavery.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to burn_this_city For This Useful Post:
Old 03-20-2017, 02:31 PM   #6254
troutman
Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer

Exp:

Quote:
The Following User Says Thank You to troutman For This Useful Post:
Old 03-20-2017, 02:32 PM   #6255
Texas Flames Fan
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
You should weigh the evidence from everyone. It's foolish to blindly believe what politicians say, they all lie, every one of them. Blind trust in any authority is the road to slavery.
I agree. So are you going to watch the Rally?
Old 03-20-2017, 02:33 PM   #6256
Ozy_Flame

Posted the 6 millionth post!

Exp:

Quote:
Hey, why not. The President does it too - Fox News
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ozy_Flame For This Useful Post:
Old 03-20-2017, 02:36 PM   #6257
burn_this_city
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I agree. So are you going to watch the Rally?
Probably not, what is he going to say other than everyone else is a liar but him, and that he's going to do great, great things?

The constant election cycling is pretty ridiculous, 2 years worth of primary nonsense, the year long run up to the election itself. Get to work Trump, stop with the vacations every weekend and campaigning. I thought he was a businessman who would work harder than everyone, ever.
The Following User Says Thank You to burn_this_city For This Useful Post:
Old 03-20-2017, 02:36 PM   #6258
FlameOn
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Trump Rally in Louisville Kentucky Tonight! Here is the live youtube link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrR7Fq5OQa0

On the agenda is more information on the repeal and replace with AHCA.
You do realize what kind of healthcare system Canada has don't you? It's completely nationalized and universal. Because we've eliminated profit taking in our industry by having universal health coverage for everyone. In Canada the cost paid by the taxpayer is ~$3500USD per capita vs. the ~$7000 per capita in the US you pay for better coverage and nearly zero out of pocket expenses. Operations, drugs and procedures also all cost substantially less here than in the US because of this. Even then it costs $35 for the Canadian government to do an Angiogram here vs. $800 in the US.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compar..._United_States
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv...res-in-the-us/

No one in Canada has to refuse health treatment because of costs. There is no "choosing" which finger to keep because you can't pay for medical costs to re-attach your fingers. It just doesn't happen here. Everyone has paid their taxes so everyone gets a generally lower cost. We pay half for overall better health care than in the States.

The AHCA would leave another 13+ million people without health coverage and would put on average an additional $6000 back the top 1% of earner's pockets while increasing everyone else's premiums by ~$3000. Also it allows health care CEO's huge tax breaks. That is not service to the people, that is wealth transfer to the rich. That is a step in the wrong direction of lowering costs and providing better coverage. Both of which were key Trump promises.
http://www.vox.com/2017/3/8/14843762...lies-obamacare

Last edited by FlameOn; 03-20-2017 at 03:35 PM.
Old 03-20-2017, 02:40 PM   #6259
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
He is using taxpayer money flying on Air Force One for nothing.
No doubt, but that's no different than any other POTUS running for re-election. It's just usually that starts the year of the election, not three full years out like Trump is. So it's the scale of his taxpayer waste that is simply higher than most.
Old 03-20-2017, 02:41 PM   #6260
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

This Comey testimony session is fascinating to listen to.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
Closed Thread

Tags
making snl great again , soviet murica? , trade wars , trumpcare = doa , utterly insane pressers