Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-2013, 11:54 AM   #81
Hells Bells
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino7c View Post
Sven and Jackman have nothing to do with each other unless you want Sven on the fourth line
I see nothing wrong with a 4th line of Bouma-Colborne-Galiardi with Sven on the 2nd or 3rd line.

Anything but Jackman.
Old 10-24-2013, 11:54 AM   #82
Gary83
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poe969 View Post
I hate the "every player needs to play all 3 zones" argument. What about Butler, 9 games with 0 points, shouldn't he be benched for not being offensive enough?

Sven and Sean have chemistry, coach wants to brake them up... Still think Hartley is the right coach?
I think we should fire Hartley. I am emailing Jay and Brian as soon as I finish this post.
Old 10-24-2013, 11:56 AM   #83
Hells Bells
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTeeks View Post
Roger Millions@RogMillions3m

Baertschi just wants to play. Was looking forward to playing in Dallas. Says he won't get upset about this. Wants to move past this today.

Roger Millions@RogMillions2m

Full marks to Sven. He was upfront with the media. Sincere and honest. Tough day. I respect him a great deal. Hard not to like.
Poor guy.

The Flames and we as fans are extremely lucky this kid is so mature.
Old 10-24-2013, 11:57 AM   #84
1stLand
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

If this is a meritocracy, then Glencross should be benched purely based on his play or his minutes reduced to 10 min a game.

Iginla played terrible last year and still averaged 20 min a game and 1st power play minutes

Bias still goes to the vets
1stLand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 11:57 AM   #85
Ashasx
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary83 View Post
Oh god. CP meltdown incoming.

Ashasx claiming a big loss tonight because of no Sven, that'd be a big lol, probably would make Ashass happy though.
A team that places blame on the wrong players, that uses others as scapegoats and gives ice time to players that don't deserve it, is a team that will not find any sort of success.

I guarantee a loss tonight. Prediction 5-1 or 6-1 Dallas.
Ashasx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 11:57 AM   #86
The Yen Man
Franchise Player

Exp:

Guys, he's scratched for one game. Maybe they want him up in the pressbox to watch this game and work on his positioning. It's not the end of the world.
The Yen Man is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to The Yen Man For This Useful Post:
Old 10-24-2013, 12:01 PM   #87
Ashasx
Franchise Player

Exp:

I also don't understand the praise for Colborne. I mean, yeah, it's nice that he scored a goal last game, but has anyone ever seen a more passive hockey player?

I guess Sven needs to score at a point per game to get praise from this team.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ashasx For This Useful Post:
Old 10-24-2013, 12:01 PM   #88
BigFlameDog
First Line Centre

Exp:

Sven scratched.....experts at CP lose their collective minds.....threads to be polluted with nonsense ....
Old 10-24-2013, 12:02 PM   #89
Hells Bells
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yen Man View Post
Guys, he's scratched for one game. Maybe they want him up in the pressbox to watch this game and work on his positioning. It's not the end of the world.
Guy, we know he's only scratched for one game. Perhaps they should want someone else in the pressbox that is more worthy of the spot. We're simply questioning the decision, which also is not the end of the world.
Old 10-24-2013, 12:03 PM   #90
Gary83
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashasx View Post
A team that places blame on the wrong players, that uses others as scapegoats and gives ice time to players that don't deserve it, is a team that will not find any sort of success.

I guarantee a loss tonight. Prediction 5-1 or 6-1 Dallas.
Yep, Calgary is hopeless without Baertschi. He requests a trade after the game, we never win another game ever.

Old 10-24-2013, 12:03 PM   #91
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poe969 View Post
I hate the "every player needs to play all 3 zones" argument.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch Root View Post
They are destroying his creativity and seem to be determined to turn him into a 3rd liner. It's sad to watch.
I don't agree with his benching because he has worked hard enough and played good enough defensively to warrant not being benched.

However forwards do need to learn to play all three zones. Successful teams are able to play team defense come playoff time, and the teams that usually flounder in the playoffs are teams that have top 6 players that don't commit to a 200ft game.

Also this has nothing to do with his creativity and turning him into a 3rd liner. It has to do with turning him into a 200ft player like Pavel Datsyuk, instead of a purely offensive player like Alex Semin.

Still not the right decision because he has worked hard enough defensively and has worked very hard to play a strong 200ft game since the start of the season.
SuperMatt18 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SuperMatt18 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-24-2013, 12:04 PM   #92
1stLand
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
I also don't understand the praise for Colborne. I mean, yeah, it's nice that he scored a goal last game, but has anyone ever seen a more passive hockey player?

colborne. This is Burkies player. I am sure the coaches are receiving special instructions from to to play him and praise him.

Sven has set up Monahan on at least two of his goals with unbelievable passes.
Those two work well together.
Squids return now makes Sven disposable
1stLand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 12:04 PM   #93
Ashasx
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMatt18 View Post
I don't agree with his benching because he has worked hard enough and played good enough defensively to warrant not being benched.

However forwards do need to learn to play all three zones. Successful teams are able to play team defense come playoff time, and the teams that usually flounder in the playoffs are teams that have top 6 players that don't commit to a 200ft game.

Also this has nothing to do with his creativity and turning him into a 3rd liner. It has to do with turning him into a 200ft player like Pavel Datsyuk, instead of a purely offensive player like Alex Semin.

Still not the right decision because he has worked hard enough defensively and has worked very hard to play a strong 200ft game since the start of the season.
Sven will never be Patrice Bergeron defensively, but look at the success the Hawks have had with Kane.

I don't think Kane has ever step foot in the defensive zone.
Old 10-24-2013, 12:06 PM   #94
Ashasx
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stLand View Post
colborne. This is Burkies player. I am sure the coaches are receiving special instructions from to to play him and praise him.

Sven has set up Monahan on at least two of his goals with unbelievable passes.
Those two work well together.
Squids return now makes Sven disposable
I agree with what you've said, but Cammalleri's return should make Cammalleri disposable. We all know he's not re-signing anyway.
Old 10-24-2013, 12:08 PM   #95
liamenator
First Line Centre

Exp:

sound the alarm.
a young player has been told to sit out a single game.
liamenator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 12:08 PM   #96
Badgers Nose
Franchise Player

Exp:

I don't like the benching of Sven. +1 and has looked good the last few games.

Glencross is -5. Lots of hits is nice, but needs more points and better defensive play.
Badgers Nose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 12:10 PM   #97
squiggs96
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Sven will never be Patrice Bergeron defensively, but look at the success the Hawks have had with Kane.

I don't think Kane has ever step foot in the defensive zone.
Here's an article from espn on Patrick Kane's transition from scorer, with little care for defense, to the player he is today.

http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/blac...ve-defense-too

Quote:
Seven years later, Kane shakes his head at his old self. His appreciation for defense has grown each year in the league, and he’s more defensive-minded this season than he’s ever been. He ranks second on the team and is tied for fourth in the league with nine takeaways.

“I didn’t know too much about defense, I guess, coming into the league,” Kane said on Thursday. “I was on a high-powered offensive team in junior that was a lot about scoring and was pretty much strictly about offense for myself and players like myself.

“As you grow older, you learn more about it and you become mature about defense. I think you see a lot of players have done that throughout their career.”

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bingo View Post
Jesus this site these days
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnet Flame View Post
He just seemed like a very nice person. I loved Squiggy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dissentowner View Post
I should probably stop posting at this point
squiggs96 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to squiggs96 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-24-2013, 12:11 PM   #98
Ashasx
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by squiggs96 View Post
Here's an article from espn on Patrick Kane's transition from scorer, with little care for defense, to the player he is today.

http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/blac...ve-defense-too
Kane is still a very poor defensive player. He's gone from terrible to just bad.

But he scores at a point per game pace, so nobody cares.

I hope you guys understand that Gaudreau will only be a good player on two thirds of the ice.
Old 10-24-2013, 12:12 PM   #99
Bandwagon In Flames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:

Not since Joe Thornton.. Cough*

Can't fault the guy for wanting to score goals instead of be a goon. Fans want to see players like John Scott out of the game, but when you see a big guy trying to score goals everyone wants him to hurt people instead of play hockey.

We took Jankowski in the first round because of his size to go along with slick hands, skill and hockey smarts. Colborne is a further developed, bigger version of Jankowski, why not give him every chance to succeed?
Bandwagon In Flames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 12:13 PM   #100
llama64
First Line Centre

Exp:

When exactly did the Flames fanbase adopt Leafs fanbase levels of hysteria over minor roster changes?

It's kinda embarrassing.

We watch the games from a TV screen, or maybe from a seat 300 feet off the ice. None of us are in the rooms when the coaches and players talk. We know next to nothing about what's going on inside the team. The people running the Flames are many, many times over more qualified to make these calls then anyone on this board (unless Scotty Bowman is lurking around...)

Just relax and enjoy a fun energetic team in the midst of a rebuild. The Flames aren't going to be winning anything this year - stop freaking out about things.
llama64 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to llama64 For This Useful Post:

Tags
gtd , winwinwinwinwin , winwinwinwinwinwin , winwinwinwinwinwinwin , winwinwinwinwinwinwinwin