Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 12-15-2013, 03:28 AM   #181
LickTheEnvelope
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Bruins are sick and missing guys. Rask was off but the Nucks are playing really well right now. Santorelli has been out of his mind most of this season.

Also Tortorella's coaching has been pretty good. 90% PK after this game.
LickTheEnvelope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 09:19 AM   #182
Textcritic
Acerbic Cyberbully

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LickTheEnvelope View Post
Bruins are sick and missing guys. Rask was off but the Nucks are playing really well right now. Santorelli has been out of his mind most of this season.

Also Tortorella's coaching has been pretty good. 90% PK after this game.
The Canucks have been playing very well lately, but I can't help but think this is nevertheless very discouraging from their perspective. 17/20 points in their last 10 games, and they are still in a three-horse-race for two wildcard spots, and with most other teams having games-in-hand. As good as they have been, it will come to no one's surprise to see them on the outside of the playoff bubble in another week or two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by woob
"...harem warfare? like all your wives dressup and go paintballing?"
"The Lying Pen of Scribes" Ancient Manuscript Forgeries Project
Textcritic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 10:00 AM   #183
squiggs96
Franchise Player

Exp:

I went to the Boston vs. Vancouver game last night. I had forgotten how much I hate being in that arena. My takes from the game in no particular order:

I hate when the organ player at the game plays a tune, and the crowd yells Bruins/Flames/Team Sucks. LA does this as well. I enjoy when crowds cheer their own teams, instead of saying the other team sucks. There were also many other Boston Sucks chants during play that originated from the crowd. The fans singing "Goodbye" were to a Boston fan that got kicked out. I was in 105 and he was diagonal across the ice from me, but very visible the whole game. He was running all over the lower bowl annoying all sorts of fans. He deserved to get booted.

The Iggy/Kesler fight looked like it was just about to get really good for Jarome, when it was broken up. When Kesler pumped up the crowd afterwards, the fans around were so delusional about what had happened. Later Kesler waited for the linesmen to get between him and Marchand and then tried to drop the gloves and acted like Marchand wanted no piece of him. That's when Brad did the Kesler move. It was awesome. Hamhuis got a couple of cheap shots in against Iginla and when Iggy dropped them to fight, the refs stepped in. The crowd was screaming at Iggy because Hamhuis is small, but were fine that Kesler "wanted" to fight Marchand. Kesler whining about Marchand's class was a perfect pot calling the kettle black.

There was a guy who tried getting the wave going for almost the whole game. It never got past three sections. I was quite proud of the people who wouldn't participate. The wave sucks. Stop it. No wave.

My favourite part of the whole night was during the second period intermission. They had some crappy cover band come in and play Journey's Don't Stop Believing. During the song, the scoreboard showed a montage of the 2011 SCF between Boston and Vancouver. It was hilarious to watch a video that was supposed to pump the crowd up, really deflate them, knowing their team couldn't win one of the last two games. The exact video and song could have been played in Boston, with a much better result. Whoever thought this was a good idea for Vancouver fans should be promoted, so that hilarity like this continues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bingo View Post
Jesus this site these days
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnet Flame View Post
He just seemed like a very nice person. I loved Squiggy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dissentowner View Post
I should probably stop posting at this point
squiggs96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 10:21 AM   #184
Hockey
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Nintendo Chalmers View Post
He's a hockey player. That's about as much colour as you can expect.

Kesler going after Iginla is not needed. It was a clean hit.

Marchand is a punk but 30 teams out of 30 would take him any day.

There may be some baggage between the two teams but, in the end, this was a game in mid-December.

Kesler and Iginla actually talked about fighting in the 1st shift of the game. So when Iginla hit Kesler, Kesler saw that as a good an opportunity as any.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 10:39 AM   #185
puckluck2
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey View Post
Kesler and Iginla actually talked about fighting in the 1st shift of the game. So when Iginla hit Kesler, Kesler saw that as a good an opportunity as any.

Are you a lip reader or do you have a source for that?
puckluck2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 10:42 AM   #186
Hockey
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by puckluck2 View Post
Are you a lip reader or do you have a source for that?

Quote:
Kesler and Iginla have a hate-on that goes back years. They had a spirited bout in 2006. They fought again in 2007. And that was in the preseason.

“Those two obviously don’t like each other. It doesn’t matter what team Iginla is on,” Bieksa said. “They were beaking all game.

“They have this whole side game going on.”

Kesler said: “We have a history and we talked about it on our first shift of the game.

“After that, he took a run at me there in the middle of the ice. That was that.”

Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 11:14 AM   #187
ThePrince
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but did anyone see Iginla's finger after the fight?

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-pu...3962--nhl.html
ThePrince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 11:54 AM   #188
Super Nintendo Chalmers
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by squiggs96 View Post
The Iggy/Kesler fight looked like it was just about to get really good for Jarome, when it was broken up.
It might be a freak thing but Iginla's hand was messed up pretty bad. It was a good thing that the fight was broken up just for that reason. I was really surprised that he came back.
Quote:
They had some crappy cover band come in and play Journey's Don't Stop Believing.
That's the song that comes on when the Wings are finishing up a win.

My ears may have deceived me, but I thought I heard the Bruins goal song come on in the first period.
Quote:
It was hilarious to watch a video that was supposed to pump the crowd up, really deflate them, knowing their team couldn't win one of the last two games. The exact video and song could have been played in Boston, with a much better result. Whoever thought this was a good idea for Vancouver fans should be promoted, so that hilarity like this continues.
Add that to the song selections, the guy in charge of arena entertainment should be shipped out.
Super Nintendo Chalmers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 11:59 AM   #189
Blaster86
UnModerator

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Nintendo Chalmers View Post
Add that to the song selections, the guy in charge of arena entertainment should be shipped out.
Shoulda been shipped out the moment they changed the goal song from "Holiday".

THANK MR DEMKO
CPHL Ottawa Vancouver
Blaster86 is offline   Reply With Quote