Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-14-2017, 05:45 PM   #581
DazzlinDino
Franchise Player

Exp:

We need that "Martin Gelnia's" Terminator effect, a hero that scores that goal. Man I miss the rush we got from that 2004 cup run! We need to be feeling it and believing it and slay the giants series after series!
DazzlinDino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 06:07 PM   #582
Always Earned Never Given
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Regarding the too many men infraction not called due to it not being «intentional», I believe refs should have gone one step further and blown the play dead.

I don't see a difference between blowing the play dead when a player on the bench gets struck by the puck on the arm-glove that is hanging over the boards or a player that technically should be on the bench and puck strikes his body-skates.
Always Earned Never Given is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Always Earned Never Given For This Useful Post:
Old 04-14-2017, 06:09 PM   #583
FlamesAddiction
Franchise Player

Exp:

I know it has probably been talked about a lot, but that line change that led to the tying goal was so horrible. Like Oileresque "This guy scored" bad.

I felt bad for Elliott on that one.
Old 04-14-2017, 07:39 PM   #584
Duffalufagus
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland Steam Whistle View Post
A loss tomorrow makes game 3 and likely 4 must wins, but tomorrow is not a must win, although it would be a significantly better outcome.
I respectfully disagree. We go down 0-2 the odds of winning the series is remote. We aren't winning 4 of the next 5. Must win tomorrow.
Duffalufagus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 11:19 PM   #585
Manhattanboy
Franchise Player

Exp:

I don't see ANA laying an egg the way the Sharks did tonight. Gotta think Game 2 is pretty much a must win.
Manhattanboy is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Manhattanboy For This Useful Post:
Old 04-15-2017, 08:35 AM   #586
Enoch Root
Franchise Player

Exp:

The Flames had control of the game when the line change happened. And that completely changed the momentum. Absolutely inexcusable.

But the game showed that they can win this series.

Backlund's line needs to be better. I can certainly excuse Tkachuk for a bad game being that it was his first playoff game, but I don't think that was it.

For me, the entire Backlund line has lost its mojo since the game in LA. They have been no where near as dominant. And Tkachuk hasn't had a good game since.

They need to get going. They don't need to dominate Getzlaf's line, but they need to play them relatively even. If they can do that, the Flames definitely have a chance.

And of course they need to be more disciplined.

And Gaudreau and Hamilton have to be better.
Enoch Root is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Enoch Root For This Useful Post:
Old 04-15-2017, 08:40 AM   #587
Enoch Root
Franchise Player

Exp:

As to the timeout debate, if he calls a timeout and they don't score, everyone whines that he played into ANA's hands and let the PKers rest. Damned if you do and damned if you don't. In reality, it's up to the players to execute.

And on that, there were two glaring things for me. ANA absolutely owned them on the dot. When they got the 5 on 3, you knew the puck was going down the ice immediately.

And the other thing was Brodie carrying it all the way up the ice himself and then button-hooking at the blueline where he coughed it up. All kinds of ice on a 5 on 3... you have to use your teammates better and move the puck.

As soon as those two things happened, the game was over.
Enoch Root is offline   Reply With Quote