Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-03-2016, 07:22 PM   #121
EldrickOnIce
Franchise Player

Exp:

Koodo is currently offering 5GB data, otherwise unlimited in Quebec for $60.
EldrickOnIce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 06:39 PM   #122
Wolfslain
Draft Pick

Default Success! Third time's the charm.

Managed to get this to work here in January with OnePlus 2. Was on Bell for around 7 years, and tired of 1 GB data. Rejected at Chinook Centre at both Best Buy Mobile and the Koodo store [as expected]. However, just down the way on the top floor you'll see 'Wow! Mobile Boutique' who sell Koodo plans. I got lucky here, as the employee was fairly new and their co-worker was home sick. Although, they did try to convince me that Sasktel was the way to go, I insisted, and got the deal with no hassle. Used my parent's Saskatchewan address for the sake of ease, and everything worked with absolutely no problems. She even offered to port the number for me, but I had planned to do it at home. Port took around 35 minutes, and voilą!

I have to say: they're definitely catching on. In Best Buy mobile, the salesperson would not proceed without Saskatchewan ID "to keep people from getting Saskatchewan plans in Alberta", and at the Koodo store it was an instant rejection with: "the only place you can get a Saskatchewan number is in Saskatchewan". Your best bet for this method is still talking to the most obscure Koodo-affiliated kiosks possible. Good luck, everyone!
Wolfslain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2016, 02:29 PM   #123
MagnumBurgundy
Draft Pick

So I went online and just ordered the plan with a phone there. It was mailed to my house 2 days later, ported my number no problem.
MagnumBurgundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 09:34 AM   #124
Looch City
Looooooooooooooch

Exp:

Is there a difference doing it all online versus in-store?

I've heard success stories with both. I would rather not deal with a rep if I don't have to haha
Looch City is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 07:05 PM   #125
Vulcan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnumBurgundy View Post
So I went online and just ordered the plan with a phone there. It was mailed to my house 2 days later, ported my number no problem.
It was mailed to your home in Alberta? It says on the site the plan is for Saskatchewan residents only.
Vulcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 08:21 PM   #126
Looch City
Looooooooooooooch

Exp:

So I went to Superstore and ask the guy for a basic minutes plan with Koodo on a MB number for work. The guy immediately says no problem and sets me up in 10min.

Did not expect it to be so easy haha. And now to switch plans and port my number.
Old 03-03-2016, 08:58 PM   #127
CRXguy
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Which superstore location?
CRXguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 09:17 PM   #128
Looch City
Looooooooooooooch

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRXguy View Post
Which superstore location?
Shawnessy. Very friendly guy, said "no problem, I can do that for you" right away.
The Following User Says Thank You to Looch City For This Useful Post:
Old 03-22-2016, 08:26 AM   #129
jeffporfirio
Scoring Winger

Exp:

So here is a question.
Is it possible to add an additional line (and do it online) to a phone already on the $55 Koodo plan?
jeffporfirio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 04:39 PM   #130
polak
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

So when you say you have to have no outstanding balance what does that mean in terms of your current month charges?

I want to go do this today. #### Telus. I don't get my charges for the current month until the 9th of April. Does that matter at all?
polak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 10:18 AM   #131
Looch City
Looooooooooooooch

Exp:

Outstanding balance does not matter. When you port over, any remaining device balance is automatically added to the final bill.
Old 04-01-2016, 03:59 PM   #132
Badgers Nose
Franchise Player

Exp:

If you are a current Fido or Chatr client Fido has a good BYP plan for unlimited calling, text, spotify and 2 GB for $45. Same with 3 GB is $50.
Badgers Nose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 12:02 PM   #133
Calgary14
First Line Centre

Exp:

So I ran into a potential issue with my koodo plan. I called koodo to ask a question about coverage and when they asked for my number, address etc the customer service rep said since I didn't have a sask number but was on a sask plan they'd have to take away my 10% discount. I guess I was getting a 10% discount (maybe because I signed up with an unlocked phone?) but that since I have a 403 number I now lose the discount. I guess one drawback of the plan is that you have to fly under the radar......has anyone else encountered this?
Calgary14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 12:27 PM   #134
1_Flames_Fan
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgary14 View Post
So I ran into a potential issue with my koodo plan. I called koodo to ask a question about coverage and when they asked for my number, address etc the customer service rep said since I didn't have a sask number but was on a sask plan they'd have to take away my 10% discount. I guess I was getting a 10% discount (maybe because I signed up with an unlocked phone?) but that since I have a 403 number I now lose the discount. I guess one drawback of the plan is that you have to fly under the radar......has anyone else encountered this?
I lost my discount when I decided to get a new phone on a tab. Not that big of deal though, still a great plan. Also they don't even offer the BYOD (bring your own device) discount anymore anyways. I would definitely suggest keeping your interactions with Koodo to a minimum with this plan.
1_Flames_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 01:01 PM   #135
Canehdianman
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgary14 View Post
I lost mine about 6 months in as well. Still a great deal so I didn't complain.
Canehdianman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 01:29 PM   #136
TSXCman
First Line Centre

Exp:

I'm still rollin on my Sask Plan with the 10% off.

I've been buying my phones off of Kijiji or RFD in the $200-$400 range.
TSXCman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 01:38 PM   #137
Azure
Had an idea!

Exp:

With Bell buying MTS, I would imagine that this plan might go away at some point. Unless SaskTel manages to still stand on their own.
Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 04:27 PM   #138
accord1999
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

For those with the $55 plan without the BYOD discount, Koodo's $50 new client referral bonus makes it a good time to sign up a new account for the MB $48 plan and port over your old number to the new account (via a prepaid Koodo/Telus account first).

When Koodo had the $50 credit in March, I was even able to refer myself, getting both sides of the referral bonus.
accord1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 07:30 PM   #139
jg13
Franchise Player

Exp:

Glad to see this is still working for most of you
jg13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 06:08 AM   #140
jeffporfirio
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by accord1999 View Post
For those with the $55 plan without the BYOD discount, Koodo's $50 new client referral bonus makes it a good time to sign up a new account for the MB $48 plan and port over your old number to the new account (via a prepaid Koodo/Telus account first).

When Koodo had the $50 credit in March, I was even able to refer myself, getting both sides of the referral bonus.
I set up my wife on Koodo Sask plan a few months back, now I'm looking to port my son's line as his contract is up with Rogers.
Does anyone know if you can add a line to a Koodo plan online?
jeffporfirio is offline   Reply With Quote