Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Contests, Drafts, Trivia and Images
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-02-2016, 02:25 PM   #81
ernie
Franchise Player

Exp:

I don't find Tyler and Korey insufferable at all. In fact I didn't really find any teams this time around truly insufferable. For the most part these are good teams who are there to race rather than get screen time by causing drama.

I'm OK with any of them winning to be honest.
Old 05-02-2016, 08:27 PM   #82
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Given that Brodie and Kurt were my team, that was a really frustrating episode to watch. There have actually been a few of those this season. I think if there is a U-turn the following challenge should at least, well ,be a challenge, not just jumping off a cliff. Give the U-turned team(s) at least a chance to succeed on their own merit.

Usually the most deserving teams make it to the finale, so watching Sheri and Cole skate through, and the dancers survive their own bumbling is a little frustrating.

Unless someone gets screwed by a taxi in the last leg, I think Tyler and Korey or Burnie and Ashley will be the winners.
Old 05-02-2016, 10:12 PM   #83
Amethyst
First Line Centre

Exp:

I started watching again. I'm surprised that Sheri and Cole (mostly Cole) who I hated at the beginning are now a team that I'm okay with. Maybe because when I complained on Facebook about not being able to tell the teams apart, she sent me a list of who everyone is.

I am okay with any of the remaining teams except the dancers. I don't hate them, but the woman dancer is always bitching at her partner. Burnie and Ashley are my favourites though.
Old 05-03-2016, 08:01 AM   #84
Arsenal14
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amethyst View Post
I started watching again. I'm surprised that Sheri and Cole (mostly Cole) who I hated at the beginning are now a team that I'm okay with. Maybe because when I complained on Facebook about not being able to tell the teams apart, she sent me a list of who everyone is.

I am okay with any of the remaining teams except the dancers. I don't hate them, but the woman dancer is always bitching at her partner. Burnie and Ashley are my favourites though.
Agreed on Sheri & Cole - after the first episode I was hoping they'd get knocked out early but they're growing on me. Also agree on the dancers. Not a fan of the negativity. I'm cheering for Tyler and Korey to win, but Burnie and Ashley are running a very strong race.
Old 05-06-2016, 09:35 PM   #85
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Oh man, frustrating watching my 2 teams go out back to back. My wife has a very good track record of picking the wining teams, and she has Tyler and Corey, so you can expect them to win....
Old 05-07-2016, 12:17 AM   #86
mile
Franchise Player

Exp:

Picking the paintings over the scooter seemed like a no brainier there.

Those scooters looked fun though. Amusing that Sheri got the hang of the scooters fairly quickly, and quicker than her son. I'm shocked that they got to the mat first. The other teams were definitely happy, they see them as weaker competition. A Sheri/Cole win would be the most random win ever.
Old 05-08-2016, 09:50 PM   #87
Amethyst
First Line Centre

Exp:

Well, so much for that. Started watching again, just in time to see my favourite team eliminated.

I think Tyler and Korey will win. They seem to be running a stronger race than either of the others. However, my heart if with Sheri and Cole - which is a big change from the beginning when I was hoping they would be first eliminated!
Old 05-09-2016, 06:28 AM   #88
Calgary14
First Line Centre

Exp:

It would be awesome if Sheri and Cole could win but from the previews it looks like they run into some difficulty. I'm betting Tyler and Korey will win
Old 05-09-2016, 07:33 AM   #89
ernie
Franchise Player

Exp:

Either Cole and Sheri picked up the scooters really quickly or Bernie and Ashley got lost after leaving the scooters (or paintings) and it wasn't really shown with the editing. Bernie and Ashley had already left the scooters before Cole and Sheri made it there so they should have been starting the tasks at around the same time.

But classic mistake of switching tasks. You may have picked the wrong one but typically you are better off just getting through it. Especially since they didn't need to stay one the scooter the entire way through the course.

edit: reading an interview with a producer. Cole and Sheri were 40 minutes behind the teams leaving Window of the World. Bernie and Ashley were at the unicycles for 40 minutes when they switched. So essentially they left and Cole and Sheri arrived right after. Bernie and Ashley finished 5 minutes after Cole and Sheri so the difference was really in the time they took to switch tasks (i.e. seems the tasks were evenly matched if you had the ability to do the unicycles).

http://www.thewrap.com/amazing-race-...ash-exclusive/

Last edited by ernie; 05-09-2016 at 11:07 AM.
Old 05-13-2016, 05:07 PM   #90
Calgary14
First Line Centre

Exp:

Any predictions for the season finale? I am gonna go with Tyler and Korey for 1st place, 2nd place is anyones guess
Old 05-13-2016, 06:01 PM   #91
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Have to go with Tyler and Corey first since my wife always picks the winners...Second I'll give to Sherry and Cole because the dancers are going to get totally stuck on the big challenge of "remember the race".
Old 05-13-2016, 06:05 PM   #92
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yeah, assuming they have the usual memory challenge, that could definitely trip up the dancers and Sheri & Cole.

Tyler & Corey are the most likely to win, but it's one leg, so anything could happen.
Old 05-13-2016, 09:13 PM   #93
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Well, that was interesting....
So many height challenges this time. Good to see Cole conquer it and Sherry is fearless(despite showing fear a few times...)

Decent finale, but mot my favourite season. Looking forward to Amazing Race Canada where they aren't afraid to have real challenges.

Congrats to csnarpy and ClubFlames!
Old 05-13-2016, 09:55 PM   #94
Johnny199r
First Line Centre

Exp:

I thought it was not one of a better seasons and a pretty anticlimactic season finale.
The Following User Says Thank You to Johnny199r For This Useful Post:
Old 05-13-2016, 10:02 PM   #95
mile
Franchise Player

Exp:

Going into the finale you would think it would either be Tyler/Korey or Sheri/Cole because of how much visibility they had compared to the dancers last week, so this was a little anticlimatic for what has been a decent-to-good season. The hashtags puzzle was a very easy final challenge, I don't think it should've been that obvious.
Old 05-14-2016, 02:36 PM   #96
csnarpy
First Line Centre

Exp:

2 in a row!

I agree the ending was lack lister and they were so far ahead. It was surprising to see
Old 05-14-2016, 11:16 PM   #97
ClubFlames
Posted the 2 millionth post!

Exp:

Yay! Just watched the finale. Pretty meh finale for me as well, I wish for next season they can come up with something else for the final task rather than naming where the teams visited, all the teams seem well prepared for that task in recent seasons.

Old 05-15-2016, 08:49 PM   #98
Calgary14
First Line Centre

Exp:

I thought overall the season was entertaining but the finale was anticlimactic. I didn't see the dancers coming in first but once she said they memorized the names of the cities I knew it was game over. Next season they need to switch it up for the big challenging task during the finale as many teams are starting to catch on to memorizing the names of the cities. The flags would've been more challenging
Old 05-16-2016, 03:11 PM   #99
albertGQ
Franchise Player

Exp:

I didn't like this season. Hard to differentiate between the teams since they're all in social media.
Old 05-16-2016, 04:57 PM   #100
Kswiss
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Didn't really enjoy this season as well. I watched parts of it because I like The Amazing Race. Definitely hard to differentiate the teams. Also kind of hard to believe that almost EVERY team was a Caucasian partnership. Where was the ethnicity darn it.