Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 04-22-2016, 04:17 PM   #241
JiriHrdina
I believe in the Pony Power

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oling_Roachinen View Post
As long as Jason, Scott and Tai stuck together, that was the perfect plan. Jason and Scott never thought of Tai betraying them though.
Agreed. And I think Tai basically made a $1m mistake.
If he sticks with Jason and Scott, and with the additional power of his extra vote, they would have a good chance of going to final 3. And Tai beats all of them - but Jason and Scott are arrogant enough to think they would beat him.

There is no way that in his new alliance anyone takes him to final 3. He becomes target #1 after Jason. He can use his vote to buy an extra week, but that's about it. Given his overall game play, including big movefs, coupled with the fact he is a tough little bugger in challenges - makes him too much of a threat.

Huge error.
The Following User Says Thank You to JiriHrdina For This Useful Post:
Old 04-22-2016, 04:22 PM   #242
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

To be fair Jason and Scott did say to Julia that they knew at some point they had to cut Tai loose as neither of them could beat him. So they most likely were planning to blind side him eventually, but in Survivor you gotta strike first and Tai struck first.
Old 04-23-2016, 08:25 AM   #243
Yoho
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

I think Tia is in the drivers seat. All the sheep know he has an idol.
Jason and Julie will be excommunicated, and then the chips will fall from there with Tai having extra vote and immunity to help get into final three
Old 04-23-2016, 10:51 AM   #244
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

If Tai is smart and he knows that Scott took the idol with him, he'll let that slip to shift the target firmly to Jason and Julia at least for now.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
Old 04-23-2016, 12:34 PM   #245
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Great episode. I think Jason may slide through for awhile now that Scott is out, He's a perfect goat to bring to the finale.

I still have both of my Survivor's alive(Jason and Michele) though I don't have much hope for either of them to win. Michele needs to make some big moves soon, she is coasting. Jason, well like I said, I think he has a good chance of being in the final but not winning.

Loved tribal though. Sooo nice to watch cocky dumbarses get their comeuppance. Will be interesting to see how this unfolds, I think we are going to see lots of fractures in the "girls" alliance, not very tight.
Old 04-25-2016, 09:31 AM   #246
nixon45
First Line Centre

Exp:

The real loser in all of this will be Mark the chicken. I can see that ######bag Jason revenge killing him this week to get back at Tai.
The Following User Says Thank You to nixon45 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-25-2016, 10:44 AM   #247
Parallex
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
If Tai is smart and he knows that Scott took the idol with him, he'll let that slip to shift the target firmly to Jason and Julia at least for now.
Letting that slip doesn't help him... why vote out the guy with no idol that has a low chance of winning a jury vote instead of the friendly guy, whose good in challanges, who has an idol, and an unknown advantage.

Tai is safe for one more vote because Aubrey, Cydney, & Joe need him in case Michelle free agents with Julia (who should go next) and Kyle. After that the smartest play is to blindside Tai and remove the immunity threat, idol, and advantage from the equation.
The Following User Says Thank You to Parallex For This Useful Post:
Old 04-25-2016, 10:45 AM   #248
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nixon45 View Post
The real loser in all of this will be Mark the chicken. I can see that ######bag Jason revenge killing him this week to get back at Tai.
Jason probably slept with it three or four times, so it might be a mercy killing instead of a revenge killing.

The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 04-26-2016, 01:10 PM   #249
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

I was going to post the Super Troopers gif but I can't remember, can we post the F word in a picture if its in NSFW tags?

Maybe not the thread to ask this but I had to put something here.
Old 04-26-2016, 01:31 PM   #250
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post
I was going to post the Super Troopers gif but I can't remember, can we post the F word in a picture if its in NSFW tags?
I have before, usually with the pre-tag warning "grown up language" or something like that. I try to make sure that it's not excessive, though. People have posted comedy routines that use adult language. That sort of stuff.
Old 04-26-2016, 01:46 PM   #251
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

I keep having this old joke run through my mind. So forgive me.

Jason from survivor is sitting in a bar looking sad and slamming down some kind of fruit filled pink sugary drink with an umbrella in it.

Jeff Probst see's him and wanders over to him, and asks him what's wrong.

Jason slams down his drink and starts talking

"You know Jeff, I won Survivor, won a million bucks and over came a lot of long odds. But do they call me Jason the Survivor Champion? Oh hell no.

I won a bunch of immunity challenges, like tough physical challenges in a dominating style Jeff. But do they call me Jason the Challenge Beast? No, no they don't.

And how about that time, when I came up with the plan to fake hand off the idol at tribal and threaten to pull the Super Idol. But do they call me Jason the Survivor Mastermind? uh uh

But man you $$$$ one chicken . . . "

The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 04-27-2016, 07:10 PM   #252
mile
Franchise Player

Exp:

Spoiler!
Old 04-27-2016, 09:16 PM   #253
KootenayFlamesFan
Commie Referee

Exp:

Has Joe done anything this season? Does he even speak?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KootenayFlamesFan For This Useful Post:
Old 04-27-2016, 09:19 PM   #254
Skaloper
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KootenayFlamesFan View Post
Has Joe done anything this season? Does he even speak?
Who is Joe?
Old 04-27-2016, 10:02 PM   #255
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

With Julia going, we lose Puxlut and Tron_fdc.

I will admit, I am much more impressed with Julia's game than I thought I'd be.

Tai should likely be feeling pretty secure now, with both the Idol and the Advantage.
Old 04-27-2016, 10:03 PM   #256
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Personally if I was Aubry I would have told Tai to play his idol even if she fully believed he was safe. He's in the final 6 with a idol and a extra vote, that's tremendous power.

She could have gotten the idol and Julia out of the game.

I do want to give Julia credit, I think she was excellent this year and impressive on both sides of the house, she was good in challenges and strategy wise she was a good player.

Jason has to literally go for broke and either convince Aubry to get rid of Cydny or Cydny to get rid of Aubry.

If Aubry goes to the finals she's going to win and it won't be close.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 04-28-2016, 09:53 AM   #257
Parallex
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteTiger View Post
Tai should likely be feeling pretty secure now, with both the Idol and the Advantage.
Tai needs to use the idol next week. If he doesn't he goes home with an idol in his pocket. 100% guaranteed.

It's win (or play an idol) or go home for Tai. There is no other option.
Old 04-28-2016, 10:08 AM   #258
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

Aubry, Tai and to a lesser extent Cydney are the only people who deserve to win at this point. Cydney could cement herself as a top contender if she is able to blindside Aubry who she can hold up to the jury as her massive biggest move (among some of her other good moves). Michelle really fudged up a chance to make her big move and blindside Tai and/or Aubry. There is still time but it now becomes a lot more difficult with Tai having the idol and advantage.

Balls of absolute steel on Tai for not playing his idol, just wow.

Loved Jason's line about Aubry telling Joe to sit before she left, that was just so awesome. I'm glad they included that and I hope it actually resonated with Joe watching it back instead of just rolling off his stubborn back.

At this point Aubry is public enemy number one to me, and I hope that if Tai is able to sneak into the finals with me I can play off his moves as being more like betrayal than playing the game (as Jason said throwing people under the bus). Not sure if it would hold up, but it would be a lot better than going up against Aubry.
Old 04-28-2016, 10:40 AM   #259
Parallex
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post
Aubry, Tai and to a lesser extent Cydney are the only people who deserve to win at this point.
I'd reverse Tai and Cydney in that. Tai has made moves... but they've mostly been bad moves that just happened to work out so far. He's Mr. Magoo'ing his way through the game.
Old 04-28-2016, 11:12 AM   #260
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

I'd argue that the Scott/Jason move was a good one by him, he recognized that he was the third wheel in that relationship and did something about it. I think he made the move to early, but I know it was either play his idol or do it now and have the idol for another time.. so I get it. Tai can also sit up there and play his idol to get further and then use that at the final tribal as a feather in his cap, he found a hidden immunity idol and only two other people out of the whole cast got that done.

I think Cydney had one good move flipping on Jason and Scott to shake the game up, but since then she has just been all fluff and no bite. She needs another big bold move if she has a shot at winning this game. She has basically been a more vocal version of Joe at this point, Aubry pulling strings and Cydney just kind of humming and hawing in the background.

It looks like next episode though she might step up to the plate, just in time.