Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 05-05-2017, 07:41 PM   #1
Drak
First Line Centre

Exp:
Default Shameless YouTube Channel Plug?

Is there such a thread on this site? Is it acceptable? We just put up a new comedy channel but I'm not sure if it's allowed to plug in these parts. It's mature entertainment as well (foul language). If this isn't the place mods please delete. Thread can be open to favorite Youtube channels as well.
Drak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 08:07 PM   #2
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

I'd like to see your channel.
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 02:04 PM   #3
Drak
First Line Centre

Exp:

Sorry I ended up getting busy.

I'll put the link to our page up here.

This is more mature audience intended material though and most likely not work safe. The lastest cartoon "Dick and Andy Go Camping!" especially. Which is why I wanted feedback from the mods. If it's too much please lock.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYC...ZNpkfxWwD6Nsyw
Old 05-17-2017, 10:17 AM   #4
Since1984
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drak View Post
Sorry I ended up getting busy.

I'll put the link to our page up here.

This is more mature audience intended material though and most likely not work safe. The lastest cartoon "Dick and Andy Go Camping!" especially. Which is why I wanted feedback from the mods. If it's too much please lock.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYC...ZNpkfxWwD6Nsyw
So is this like your version of cyanide and happiness but with less substance? I would recommend using actual words/get a writer instead of "Blah blah blah, hehhe, bleblahblah"
Since1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 10:53 AM   #5
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

I almost hate doing this because its pretty clear that you put a lot of effort into it.

But first of all, I agree with the above, the blah blah stuff, was actually really annoying and it took way to long to get to any kind of payoff, I watched it all the way through, but to be honest, it took almost a minute of being eventually annoyed by the blah blah stuff to get to any kind of payoff.

(to me having actually dialogue leading up to the events would have really strengthened things and kept the viewer engaged and maybe been a help in building up the later events)

The rest was ok, I didn't have that laugh out loud moment as everything was really predictable in terms of where the jokes were going, as soon as the ghost showed up and the bear showed up you knew where it was going

A big part of humor for me if you're going to use shock humor which a bear rape is, should be that the thing that you predict happens doesn't happen or something even worse or unexpected happens.

I watched the other video's the trump song didn't seem to really go anywhere , and honestly it just seemed to be doing what everyone else is doing, but humor like that can't be safe or repetitive. Using songs in parodies are tough because you have to be either really good musically or outright horrible and proud of it.

the soldier boy parody commercial was probably the best work so far, but I felt that besides the repeated use of the word "F%%%" it didn't really go anywhere or into dangerous ground, there's so much possibility in terms of commercial parody, but this one just didn't hit the mark, the ending part with the escaped POW kit was a nice touch, but again, it wasn't a stretch.

I don't mean to be brutal, but when you post something like this here and you ask for thoughts, you're going to get the good or the bad, keep at it, sometimes its tough finding a message or consistency or even an audience but I admire the effort.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!

Last edited by CaptainCrunch; 05-17-2017 at 11:15 AM.
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 05-18-2017, 08:59 PM   #6
Drak
First Line Centre

Exp:

Hey thanks for checking it out our intial efforts. And thanks for the feedback.

Cheers.