Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 02-18-2017, 11:45 AM   #1
Gundo
First Line Centre

Exp:
Default Locked iPhone...help me

*sigh* first off I know this is my fault and I am an idiot, so lets get that out of the way.

So the other day my son took my iphone and hid in the house playing games, he does this all the time. I don't have a pass code on my phone so he takes it to play games when he pleases. When his phone time is up I generally just use find my iphone from my work phone and enter a pass code to lock it up.

Well this time I figured I will use a new code he doesn't know that will learn him haha.......well fuuuuuuuuuuuuuu. Generally he just comes out of hiding and brings the phone. Well this time he brought it to me with the incorrect coded entered to the point of it being disabled for 15 mins. I enter the code.....wrong code BOOM 1 hour lock out.

Well 2 days later I cant remember the damn code and when I hook it up to iTunes to restore it I get a message that says "iTunes could not connect to XYZ PHONE because the iPhone is locked and in lost mode".

Any help would be fantastic because I don't know what to do except try a different code every 1 hour.
Gundo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 12:51 PM   #2
OldDutch
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Did you log into the web interface for icloud.com? I think you can go to find my iphone button select your phone and take it out of lost mode.

You may also need to go to the Apple store
OldDutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 12:56 PM   #3
MoneyGuy
Franchise Player

Exp:

One of the smart guys here may have a solution but if not I would post your question over at iPhoneforums.net. If there is a DYI solution they'll know over there. If not they'll probably direct you to an Apple store.
MoneyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 01:42 PM   #4
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

At least it wasn't set to permanently lock you out after those attempts. My wife changed the passcode on her iPad and the kids did the same thing. I believe a factory restore was the only option available because of how the options were set on the iPad. If you backed up your phone recently, you could just reset the phone and restore your settings and stuff, if you're not able to remember the passcode.
Wormius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 09:29 AM   #5
ricosuave
Threadkiller

Exp:

You can also call apple support, explain the details, and they can look it up

Tags
$600 coaster , ifail , smart like rock , tech genius