Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-23-2017, 12:32 PM   #281
Calgary14
First Line Centre

Exp:

I could see Jessica coming back next year based on looks alone. Cody would be better suited for Survivor. The fact that people are even still talking about Jessica (who didn't even make it to jury) shows how non impactful the current group really is.

Some of the houseguests now talk about their social media following, how it will increase hugely over the summer, etc. The focus seems to be on developing a big social media presence to push cheesy products (ie. James - teeth whitener?!) rather than winning the actual game. Paul seems to be the only one focused on winning and even he will benefit from the show through exposure for his clothing line
Calgary14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 03:04 PM   #282
VANFLAMESFAN
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
I don't see a point in bringing Cody back. He can't play the game as he's point and shoot. It's just not in his nature to work with others. He would be saying the same thing how he hates everyone in the house and nobody would want to work with him knowing how he can turn on anyone at any time for the littlest thing. I'm not even sure he would want to come back.
Cody without Jessica could be interesting. He fell for her hard and felt the need to protect her and that did a ton of damage to his game.

I think if Cody came back for a season without Jessica that we would see a completely different person.
VANFLAMESFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 07:01 PM   #283
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

Some hilarious and disgusting live feed info. Not gameplay related.

Spoiler!
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 07:10 PM   #284
Cecil Terwilliger

Exp:

As for the actual episode I find it hilarious that CBS is an even bothering to try and provide us with the misleading edit that they usually do before nominations, veto and then evection. Normally even if it's a done deal they have enough stuff that they can edit the episode to make us wonder who's actually going home. It's like you're not even trying anymore or something no but there's no point in trying to fool the audience. We all know what's happening and who's going home.

And next weeks eviction sounds like a done deal too.
Old 08-23-2017, 07:39 PM   #285
Machiavelli
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'd given up on this session, but Christmas' zing was hilarious
https://twitter.com/christmasjoye_/s...997896704?s=09
Old 08-23-2017, 11:33 PM   #286
savardandjokinen
son of looooob

Exp:

Christmas's and Alex's roasts were funny
savardandjokinen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 07:43 AM   #287
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil Terwilliger View Post
As for the actual episode I find it hilarious that CBS is an even bothering to try and provide us with the misleading edit that they usually do before nominations, veto and then evection. Normally even if it's a done deal they have enough stuff that they can edit the episode to make us wonder who's actually going home. It's like you're not even trying anymore or something no but there's no point in trying to fool the audience. We all know what's happening and who's going home.

And next weeks eviction sounds like a done deal too.
Yeah there was zero doubt that Mark was going on the block. Not sure why they even bother trying to drum up suspense as anyone that's watched the show for years knows that when the house is locked in, it's locked in. They will probably insert some clips early tonight of people casually discussing voting out Matt to build up suspense even though we all know that every house guest will vote to evict Mark.

If Christmas considers evicting Mark a big move she's pretty delusional. Evicting mark was the easiest move the HOH could make this week. All the talk about big moves, breaking up the couples and she shied away from it like a coward and took the easy way out. I hope she's on the block next week.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 11:21 AM   #288
mile
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil Terwilliger View Post
Some hilarious and disgusting live feed info. Not gameplay related.

Spoiler!
So gross, but the reactions are funny.

Spoiler!

Last edited by mile; 08-24-2017 at 11:27 AM.
mile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 11:34 AM   #289
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Raven and her mom have serious issues.
Weitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 11:38 AM   #290
Oling_Roachinen
Franchise Player

Exp:

Wow really smart gameplay by Maven. Waiting for the "hide and go" veto competition obviously. Put it in the drawer and no one is going to get it.
Oling_Roachinen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Oling_Roachinen For This Useful Post:
Old 08-24-2017, 09:10 PM   #291
Flabbibulin
Franchise Player

Exp:

I haven't watched every season, but Matt and Raven are near the top of worst houseguests of all time, in all aspects- not competetive, entertaining, or likeable.

And boy did Mark let himself get bullied around. Stand up for yourself man. The bullying he dealt with as a kid must have had a big impact on him.
Flabbibulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 09:35 PM   #292
Calgary14
First Line Centre

Exp:

This season is basically designed for Paul to win. Can't believe everyone else hasn't picked up on the fact that he's easily gonna get to final 2 if this keeps up
Calgary14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 11:12 PM   #293
TheAlpineOracle
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

An endurance competition the week Christmas can't compete..... Coild they make this any more obvious?
TheAlpineOracle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 07:35 AM   #294
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAlpineOracle View Post
An endurance competition the week Christmas can't compete..... Coild they make this any more obvious?
I don't think there's any connection here. It's a good time for an endurance competition with 8 houseguests still in the house.
Old 08-25-2017, 07:49 AM   #295
Mass_nerder
Franchise Player

Exp:

I keep waiting for someone to make a big move (back door Paul or Alex).
I think I'm going to be waiting forever.

Paul has done a good job aligning himself as the 3rd of every pair I guess, because they all think it's them + Paul at the end.
I can't believe that everyone seems okay with that though. Even if they believe Paul really will take them to final three, how is anyone delusional enough to think they can beat Paul at that point? He's been a great in competitions, has an excellent social game, and has been behind almost every significant game move.
Mass_nerder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 09:11 AM   #296
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Don't you know? Christmas made a huge move getting Mark out!!!
Weitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 09:25 AM   #297
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mass_nerder View Post
I keep waiting for someone to make a big move (back door Paul or Alex).
I think I'm going to be waiting forever.

Paul has done a good job aligning himself as the 3rd of every pair I guess, because they all think it's them + Paul at the end.
I can't believe that everyone seems okay with that though. Even if they believe Paul really will take them to final three, how is anyone delusional enough to think they can beat Paul at that point? He's been a great in competitions, has an excellent social game, and has been behind almost every significant game move.
I think votes is the problem. Like you said, everyone thinks Paul is their #3. Even if an HOH wanted to nominate him or backdoor him, I don't think the house would go for it because they're all so dumb. Pretty much the only way to get him out right now is to be the final Veto or HOH and be able to knock him out with your one vote.
OutOfTheCube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 09:31 AM   #298
Cecil Terwilliger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutOfTheCube View Post
I think votes is the problem. Like you said, everyone thinks Paul is their #3. Even if an HOH wanted to nominate him or backdoor him, I don't think the house would go for it because they're all so dumb. Pretty much the only way to get him out right now is to be the final Veto or HOH and be able to knock him out with your one vote.
The temptation tree could help get him out.

There's a double veto and kill two eviction votes. Either but especially the votes one could help get Paul out.
Old 08-25-2017, 10:04 AM   #299
Mass_nerder
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
This has been a huge problem all season.
Mass_nerder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 12:47 PM   #300
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Really how can you call anyone dumb that's getting into the final eight and further? I feel some people want Paul evicted so bad they feel that anyone keeping him is dumb despite the fact that the groups are using Paul as much as he is using them. Being dumb is getting evicted early because you played a bad game or went for a big move that blew up in your face. Typically players that make big moves don't end up winning as most of the best players had others do their bidding. Everything is relative to the dynamics in the house with and this year is a little different as there's not one major alliance running things like other years. In a house that's divided into pairs for the most part everyone is simply doing what it takes to get by another week and as much as Paul is using all the groups the groups are using Paul as their 3rd wheel to accomplish what they want done that week. Really the key aspect to winning Big Brother is self-preservation and making it through every week. In this sense the house is doing a good job as they are all getting by and in the coming weeks will be when the pairs strike on each other.

I don't think it's a slam dunk Paul wins at all. I don't think for a second that anyone truly will take him to the final two and I feel that when things get to the final four if Paul is still around that's when the other players will want to cut him loose. He's going to need to win some comps down the wire to secure a top 2 finish.

Last edited by Erick Estrada; 08-25-2017 at 12:53 PM.