Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 08-20-2017, 08:35 PM   #2981
Frequitude
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve9981 View Post
Just going off everyone elses comments and the amount of foreshadowing we have seen so far, I am drawing a bold conclusion which IMO makes sense.

Jon leads a group beyond the wall (this is clear from the trailer) things go south and they are out numbered, Dany flies in to save the day (she has the confidence based on last episode) the Night's King throws an ice spear right into one her dragons (based on someone's previous comments in this thread Viserion makes the most sense) dragon falls and collapses to the ground and is swarmed by wights, the episode ends with the Night's King reanimating Viserion and
Spoiler!
Ban this loser please.

edit: spoiler tagged potential spoiler.

Last edited by Frequitude; 08-21-2017 at 12:38 PM.
Frequitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 08:47 PM   #2982
burn_this_city
Franchise Player

Exp:

Glad I glossed over his posts back then. That's worse than the book reader deductions.
burn_this_city is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 08:49 PM   #2983
Iggy_12
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frequitude View Post
Ban this loser please.
Unreal, hope he felt really cool, what an internet cool guy
Iggy_12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 08:50 PM   #2984
JohnnyB
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frequitude View Post
Ban this loser please.
Ha, didn't want to mention it in this thread as referencing his post would constitute a spoiler in itself, but the same conversation has taken place about steve9981 in the other thread also.

"If stupidity got us into this mess, then why can't it get us out?"
JohnnyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 08:52 PM   #2985
PaperBagger'14
Franchise Player

Exp:

But really FML, so sad.
PaperBagger'14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 09:04 PM   #2986
Machiavelli
Franchise Player

Exp:

Sophie Turner was terrible in this episode.

Other than that, epic!
Old 08-20-2017, 09:06 PM   #2987
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

Old 08-20-2017, 09:06 PM   #2988
JFK
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luder View Post
Is it safe to assume the leak/spoiler thread will include the final episode as well? I don't want to pop in there after tonight's episode and go oh ****!
So reading from this post on.. no this is 100% not a safe place to avoid spoilers. You'll always have jerks like steve desperately wanting to sound smart and make educated guesses at plot points and stories.

Steve's "guesses" were amazing by the way ice spear, right dragon, how the episode ended.. what a total knob end. Everyone tell him how intelligent he is so he gets the praise he desired.
JFK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 09:14 PM   #2989
Finger Cookin
Franchise Player

Exp:

Any idea what ruin that is where they have the armistice meeting in that trailer? My initial thought was Harrenhal, but that doesn't look like what we saw from there earlier in the series. (book detail behind spoilers)
Spoiler!
Finger Cookin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 09:15 PM   #2990
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyah View Post
That was me too. Fuuuuucc....

So spoilers are ok now?:

I made it to today with no spoilers and it was worth it. But still, what a heart punch. When it looked like Tormund was about to go I was standing on the couch yelling at the tv. Even though I knew it was coming eventually, I wasn't prepared for the death of a dragon. Especially like that. Season finale next week and I'm not ready for it.
Well the spoiler thread was just for the leaked episode, so they're not spoilers anymore
nik- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 09:17 PM   #2991
JohnnyB
Franchise Player

Exp:

Something I noticed on re-watching, I think it is Jorah who stabs that dead bear to finish it off. Interesting symbolism that ties in with the sword scene - Jorah killing off the line of the bear coming down from his father.

"If stupidity got us into this mess, then why can't it get us out?"
JohnnyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 09:19 PM   #2992
Party Elephant
First Line Centre

Exp:

So, who died there? Thoros of Myr, and then some of the unnamed brotherhood guys. Was there anyone else? It was hard to tell in all the chaos.
Party Elephant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 09:19 PM   #2993
Mike F
Franchise Player

Exp:

Wow... I feel like I need to rewatch that episode to really get a good feel for the whole thing, because that ending as so intense it's overwhelming everything else...

I do like that they dedicated a big chunk of the first half of the episode just to character moments, with lots of good dialogue amongst the Westerosi Avengers as they headed North. The conversation between Tyrion and Dany was solid as well. His argument about needing to understand their enemy and take their point of view is total Art of War.

I hate what they're doing with Arya. I do get that there's some lingering resentment of Sansa from their childhood, but to have her so bitter and susceptible to Littlefinger's manipulations right after she's finally reunited with her family is both disappointing and hard to believe.

In the North, I wasn't a fan of the show throwing in some redshirts as easy cannon fodder, but Thoros going down Revenant style was a legitimate loss.

The final battle was both totally cheesy (how are they not overwhelmed? Gendry jogs back to the wall, raven gets to Dany, and Dany flies north all in one night??) and also completely intense. The dragon getting speared, dying, and getting resurrected was foreseeable, but also heartbreaking.

Jon falling only to crawl away was similarly foreseeable, but also exhilarating. Complete waste of Benjen, though. Great character, a reunion that we've been waiting for for 6 seasons, then it's over in a blink and he's (most likely) dead.

So, I'm guessing the last episode has the wall coming down, a detente being agreed to between Dany and Cersei, and what else? Jon's parentage reveled to everyone, mucking up the budding romance?

Last edited by Mike F; 08-20-2017 at 09:24 PM.
Mike F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 09:20 PM   #2994
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyB View Post
Something I noticed on re-watching, I think it is Jorah who stabs that dead bear to finish it off. Interesting symbolism that ties in with the sword scene - Jorah killing off the line of the bear coming down from his father.
Pardon?

edit: oh yeah, coming down from his father I guess. Whatever, thread needed some Lady Mormont, I'm not removing it.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nik- For This Useful Post:
Old 08-20-2017, 09:21 PM   #2995
Finger Cookin
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Party Elephant View Post
So, who died there? Thoros of Myr, and then some of the unnamed brotherhood guys. Was there anyone else? It was hard to tell in all the chaos.
I think you got it right. Not sure if the the nameless guys were brotherhood or wildlings from Eastwatch, but it probably doesn't matter either way.
Finger Cookin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Finger Cookin For This Useful Post:
Old 08-20-2017, 09:21 PM   #2996
Mike F
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFK View Post
So reading from this post on.. no this is 100% not a safe place to avoid spoilers. You'll always have jerks like steve desperately wanting to sound smart and make educated guesses at plot points and stories.

Steve's "guesses" were amazing by the way ice spear, right dragon, how the episode ended.. what a total knob end. Everyone tell him how intelligent he is so he gets the praise he desired.
How exactly would he have had any inside info? None of that was in the books, and if I'm getting the dates right, he posted before the episode leaked...
Mike F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 09:24 PM   #2997
Iggy_12
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike F View Post
How exactly would he have had any inside info? None of that was in the books, and if I'm getting the dates right, he posted before the episode leaked...
Scripts were leaked. He clearly read them and came here and posted his brilliant theories
Iggy_12 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Iggy_12 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-20-2017, 09:24 PM   #2998
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike F View Post
Scripts leaked in the HBO hack last month.
Old 08-20-2017, 09:29 PM   #2999
nfotiu
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machiavelli View Post
Sophie Turner was terrible in this episode.

Other than that, epic!
I don't agree with that at all. The Sansa/Arya scene was great tonight, I thought. I think she portrayed her character as the writers would have wanted in that scene. Arya's portrayal was a highlight of the episode, and I think it came from playing off against her.
nfotiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 09:31 PM   #3000
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

Gotta be honest, I was not a fan of that episode. Some cool stuff happened but plot wise I wasn't digging it.

Poor explanation and execution of time and distance for once really bothered me. Why not have it that Dany chose to go? Why the stupid Gendry thing?

Arya has suddenly become an unrelatable psychopath. Sansa has lost all her confidence from last season. The entire set up for their conflict was so poorly executed. Not a terrible idea, just terrible set up and delivery. If Arya can sense truth from a lie so easily, why didn't she sense Sansa was telling the truth she earlier? How did Arya not realize she's getting played by Littlefinger if she's so smart and sneaky?

Fights were cool, ice dragon is cool, the magnificent seven were as amazing as I'd hoped, Dany and Jon being in love despite the dirtiness is interesting.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cecil Terwilliger For This Useful Post: