Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-14-2013, 03:51 PM   #41
SportsJunky
Uncle Chester

Exp:

All this negativity is wrecking Steak and BJ Day for me. Happy March 14th everybody.
SportsJunky is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SportsJunky For This Useful Post:
Old 03-14-2013, 03:51 PM   #42
kyuss275
Franchise Player

Exp:

I rather KK had kept quite and not have gone on the radio. THe garbage out of his mouth just made me mad.
kyuss275 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to kyuss275 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-14-2013, 03:53 PM   #43
Clever_Iggy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phanuthier View Post
I would say as president of the team, his job is a large part to interact with fans and clients... and in the past 10 years, even before CP became big, I've seen targetted messages and repeated rumours show up in the media after mentioned on CP. We might not dictate it, but if there is a fire on CP, Flames mgm team historically works fast to put it out.

After all, how else would you explain a mid-afternoon sudden interview by the president of the Flames, to say a lot of nothing? Think that was in KK's weekly agenda on Monday?
I posted years ago about my encounter with KK in Vegas when he was there for his daughter's wedding and I was there for my bachelor party. I asked him specifically about CP and he definitely thought it was a great group of fans and that he followed our discussions.

If he's saying he engages fans at the Dome, you can bet he's aware of trends on CP.
Clever_Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 03:54 PM   #44
atb
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igottago View Post
Really guys, what has any other management team in the league been revealing in interviews lately? We are around the corner from the trade deadline, everyone is going to keep things pretty quiet right now, they are busy working on potentially huge changes. Let's put the pitchforks away for a little bit longer, see what they do, then hear what they say. It's not realistic to hear them divulge their entire strategy right now.
Yeah they're not exactly going to announce players are on the block or not openly. But it would be nice at some point to have some non-salesman like talk for once.

I know a lot of people here hate the guys on Hockey Central at noon, but when they get GM's on like Brian Murray, Dean Lombardi, Ken Holland, and a few others, it's nice hearing the straight shooting honesty compared to the stuff that we hear from King and Feaster. I mean every year we hear about how there's a plan, things are going to be made right, stuff going on behind the scene, it gets tiring after a while.
atb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 03:54 PM   #45
mikephoen
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavy View Post
CP is a great source of information, from a community of people who want to discuss hockey and truly help each other with questions and concerns they may have in any aspect of life.

It does not however impact how Ken King goes about his day in any fashion (despite him logging on or whatever a few years back). People here can put way to much weight into what they believe this online forum is.
Considering that every season ticket holder luncheon I've ever been to has started with KK asking who is here from CP or made some reference to the site. I'm certain it is one of a few places from which they take the pulse of their fanbase.
mikephoen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 03:55 PM   #46
bubbsy
Franchise Player

Exp:

can't wait to hear this later on (not on the fan website yet, or at least i can't find it).
bubbsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 03:55 PM   #47
Phanuthier
Franchise Player

Exp:

FTR I think KK is a good guy and is just doing what he thinks is best and will help the team. KK always struck me as a good company man, in this interview, I think he's just trying to do his job and please fans.
The Following User Says Thank You to Phanuthier For This Useful Post:
Old 03-14-2013, 03:55 PM   #48
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluzman View Post
The President of a NHL team that has gotten past the first round once since 1989 preaching patience?....LOL
Made doubly hilarious by the "win now" approach of the team.
nik- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 04:01 PM   #49
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyuss275 View Post
Well no crap they are on the phone trying to make moves, so is every other team in the NHL. What i want to hear is the plan they have in place for the future.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComixZone View Post
talk all you want Flames management, it's the only thing you're good at.
Quote:
I rather KK had kept quite and not have gone on the radio. THe garbage out of his mouth just made me mad.
There is no good actions or response in this situation.

They don't come out and say anything...they are being secretive and haven't addressed the fans through the slump.

The come out and talk but realistically can't say anything useful...why did he talk at all. All KK is doing is paying lip service.

Damned if you do, damned if you dont.
SuperMatt18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 04:06 PM   #50
Parallex
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

Quote:
i am not sure if thats a good way to guage the situation.
True... but then neither is angry rabbling on the internet.
Parallex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 04:06 PM   #51
BigFlameDog
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
No, not sure why i wrote the 2nd half of my post. I am sick and tired of management and ownership throwing out lines about how other teams rebuild took so long, or that they are working hard behind the scenes. Every team is working hard behind the scenes.
Understood....frustrated like the rest of us.

I have to tell myself they have a plan and vision and I need to be patient...especially when i am filling out the form of what they should do with my money haha.
Old 03-14-2013, 04:11 PM   #52
kyuss275
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMatt18 View Post

They don't come out and say anything...they are being secretive and haven't addressed the fans through the slump.

The come out and talk but realistically can't say anything useful...why did he talk at all. All KK is doing is paying lip service.

True , i have taken a smoke break and calmed down a bit. I am however a fan that would rather hear nothing , rather than "lip service".

Still if he is going to take the time to come on the radio, then at least have the balls to answer or shed some light on the OReilly debacle.
kyuss275 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to kyuss275 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-14-2013, 04:15 PM   #53
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
True , i have taken a smoke break and calmed down a bit. I am however a fan that would rather hear nothing , rather than "lip service".

Still if he is going to take the time to come on the radio, then at least have the balls to answer or shed some light on the OReilly debacle.
Agree that personally I would rather they say nothing...talk after you've changed this team.

Also think they copped out on the whole O'Reilly thing, but at the same time not sure what else they really could have said that wouldn't have just caused more of an uproar.
SuperMatt18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 04:16 PM   #54
CaramonLS
Retired

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMatt18 View Post

"It is pretty clear this roster is not going to compete at a high enough level to satisfy the fans over the next few years. Major changes are in the works".

Boom. Done.

That's the "right" thing to say in this situation.
CaramonLS is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CaramonLS For This Useful Post:
Old 03-14-2013, 04:16 PM   #55
GirlySports
NOT breaking news

Exp:

Were the words "Division Title" mentioned?

GirlySports is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GirlySports For This Useful Post:
Old 03-14-2013, 04:17 PM   #56
Table 5
Franchise Player

Exp:

So did the FAN even ask about the Ryan O'Reilly fiasco?
Table 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 04:19 PM   #57
CaramonLS
Retired

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Table 5 View Post
So did the FAN even ask about the Ryan O'Reilly fiasco?
Not a peep.
CaramonLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 04:19 PM   #58
Phanuthier
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Agreed. Remember the days when the Flames used to bunch up 6-8 signings and other news items and release it once a month on mid-Tuesday afternoon?
Old 03-14-2013, 04:20 PM   #59
bubbsy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlySports View Post
when i heard that last night, i spilled my drink a little.
bubbsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 04:23 PM   #60
EddyBeers
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlySports View Post
No but he did talk about catching Chicago and what needed to happen for that to take place.
EddyBeers is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to EddyBeers For This Useful Post: