Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-24-2013, 11:53 PM   #101
squiggs96
Franchise Player

Exp:

I don't mind him celebrating at all. It was a big goal, by a rookie, against the defending Cup champs. That said, maybe go hug your teammates instead of skating away from them all so the spotlight is only on you. The goal was scored by hard work from the whole team, not just the one guy in the right spot at the right time. I can't see Sven running away from his teammates in the situation. He'd run to the closest guy, wait for the others on the ice and then high five the guys on the bench.

I'm not taking away anything from the goal, the win, or any of that. I'm saying his everybody should only look at me attitude isn't great. He had it before the draft and he hasn't lessened it since he's been there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bingo View Post
Jesus this site these days
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnet Flame View Post
He just seemed like a very nice person. I loved Squiggy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dissentowner View Post
I should probably stop posting at this point
squiggs96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 11:54 PM   #102
doctajones428
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wise Gamble View Post
Agreed. It's about time they're decent.
Yup, they are officially "decent" because of three games.

To the person who said best celebration of all time... Really? Theo's had much more passion behind it, for obvious reasons
doctajones428 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 11:55 PM   #103
puckluck2
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPLovecraft View Post
Lol @ the Oilers fans coming crawling around like the slugs they are after this game.
Easter is officially cancelled in Shelbyville.
puckluck2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 11:55 PM   #104
topfiverecords
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Back2Back View Post
What a clutch goal in triple overtime of game 7 to win your first Stanley Cup after 16 seasons in the league!

How about you try the Kesler Tumbleweed next time Yak. Can't wait till Sarich puts this little puke on his ass.
topfiverecords is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to topfiverecords For This Useful Post:
Old 01-24-2013, 11:57 PM   #105
pikester
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OILFAN #81 View Post
Oh I agree 100% that it was goalie interference. I was watching the Kings feed on Center Ice and I thought the referee pointed as if it were a goal and then changed his mind later. If that was not the case, then it was the right call.
Gagner was pushed into Quick by Skuderi before the puck went in which is why his skate got caught up in Quicks pad. Not a great call by the ref all around considering the interference was caused by a Kings player originally, never mind it was called a goal then called back after a very speedy officials "conference" during which no video replay was included. Just for the record I don't agree with the marginal "too many men" penalty on LA leading to the winning goal either; no doubt brought about as an attempt by the ref to save face after the shady goal call-back on the Oilers minutes before.

Game 3 of the regular season yes but it was almost a playoff type game with both teams playing real well & desperate for a win. Quick making 37 saves on 39 shots, at least 10 of which were top caliber scoring chances! Dubnyk playing very well also stopping 30 of 31, many of which were top quality as well.
pikester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 11:58 PM   #106
Hockey_Ninja

Exp:

A part of me hopes Sven scores on Saturday and mocks his celebration.
Old 01-24-2013, 11:59 PM   #107
Bertuzzied
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikester View Post
Gagner was pushed into Quick by Skuderi before the puck went in which is why his skate got caught up in Quicks pad. Not a great call by the ref all around considering the interference was caused by a Kings player originally, never mind it was called a goal then called back after a very speedy officials "conference" during which no video replay was included. Just for the record I don't agree with the marginal "too many men" penalty on LA leading to the winning goal either; no doubt brought about as an attempt by the ref to save face after the shady goal call-back on the Oilers minutes before.

Game 3 of the regular season yes but it was almost a playoff type game with both teams playing real well & desperate for a win. Quick making 37 saves on 39 shots, at least 10 of which were top caliber scoring chances! Dubnyk playing very well also stopping 30 of 31, many of which were top quality as well.
Because the lockout made it a 12 game season? hehe
Bertuzzied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 12:00 AM   #108
topfiverecords
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey_Ninja View Post
Sven is all class. No chance.
The Following User Says Thank You to topfiverecords For This Useful Post:
Old 01-25-2013, 12:01 AM   #109
Captain_Obvious
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Gagner was pushed into Quick by Skuderi before the puck went in which is why his skate got caught up in Quicks pad. .
No, he wasn't.

I have just watched it about six times in a row and if you're calling that a push that's the biggest reach I've heard in a while.

That was all Gagner, and he looked and stepped where he did on purpose.

Give it a rest. It was the right call, and the fact it was so easily accessible to us all in high definition slow motion on PVR's makes it really difficult for you to play the BS card.
Captain_Obvious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 12:02 AM   #110
kirant
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey_Ninja View Post
By what? Group hugging Backlund and Stempniak before stepping off the ice?
Old 01-25-2013, 12:03 AM   #111
topfiverecords
Franchise Player

Exp:

Man you'd think the Flames played the Oilers tonight with all the Oiler fans on here. Drivin home from Rexall in yer pickup drinkin Bud thinking first thing I get in the door I'm going on Calgarypuck to stand up for our #1 draft pick we earned.
Old 01-25-2013, 12:04 AM   #112
Torch
Backup Goalie

Exp:

I'm a little Jealous. Wish we had some of that Talent. Nope we get Mr Gray Bush and his friends!
Torch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 12:15 AM   #113
pikester
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Obvious View Post
No, he wasn't.

I have just watched it about six times in a row and if you're calling that a push that's the biggest reach I've heard in a while.

Give it a rest. It was the right call, and the fact it was so easily accessible to us all in high definition slow motion on PVR's makes it really difficult for you to play the BS card.
Um, I just looked again & from the behind the net angle Gagner is bent over looking at the puck facing Quick & Skuderi is right behind him with his left arm around Gagner & his stick across his waist directing him into Quick. Maybe it was more like "humping" Gagner into Quick than pushing but the end result is interference caused by the defender. BTW i saw this on my HD PVR clear as day!
pikester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 12:16 AM   #114
boggledepot
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey View Post
I loved the emotion the kid showed after scoring that goal. I had no problem with it at all. If he continues to celebrate like that after his 5th, 6th goal then I hope someone knocks him senseless.
Yeah, I agree. It was a intense game at the end, and Jonathan Quick was a wall all night. The kid was fired up. It's nice to see a little passion. I don't think he was hot doggin' it.
boggledepot is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to boggledepot For This Useful Post:
Old 01-25-2013, 12:18 AM   #115
GettinIggyWithIt
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:

What exactly is wrong with that conference call. I am pretty sure they're allowed to huddle and review the play. I think someone mentioned in the OOT thread that the play was not video reviewable (not sure if that's accurate or not...). Regardless, this call has been made several times in other games where the opposing player has been pushed into the goalie (including the Flames-Ducks game). It seems the onus is on the players to make every effort possible not to interfere - the leageu appears to be cracking down. It may have not been called last year but it's not unique thus far this season.

Playoff type game? You're kidding right? It's game 3 of the regular season. It was a nice comeback but let's not go overboard.
GettinIggyWithIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 12:20 AM   #116
Super Nintendo Chalmers
First Line Centre

Exp:

At first, I thought the celebration was too over the top. But then, I remembered how Quick collapsed afterwards because he also felt it was a big goal.
Super Nintendo Chalmers is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Super Nintendo Chalmers For This Useful Post:
Old 01-25-2013, 12:24 AM   #117
Cleveland Steam Whistle
Franchise Player

Exp:

Goalies collapse the way Quick did frequently after allowing goals. How often do players react the way Yak did after scoring? I've already said I'm fine with his celebration, but quicks reaction was a dime a dozen, Yaks reaction is one of the more notable goal celebrations in the past two decades.
Cleveland Steam Whistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 12:26 AM   #118
BigBird
Backup Goalie

Exp:

What a joke
BigBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 12:26 AM   #119
Voice of reason
Draft Pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Obvious View Post
No, he wasn't.

Yah I watched it several times in HD also. You are way off base. He was pushed and then his skate got caught in the goalies equip. He was trying to pull away but could not. Take off your Oilers hate goggles and watch it again. I hope we dont get the same refs for Saturdays game against the Oil. They were a joke tonight and I am really looking forward to that game
Voice of reason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 12:26 AM   #120
Francis's Hairpiece
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBird View Post
What a joke
Yes, the oilers as a whole are pretty bad.
Francis's Hairpiece is offline   Reply With Quote