Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-17-2016, 05:57 PM   #61
dash_pinched
Franchise Player

Exp:

Nice straight arm by Roy Finch (okay, it was the punter)
dash_pinched is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2016, 05:57 PM   #62
OzSome
Franchise Player

Exp:

Great return by Finch!! Gave Castillo a stiff arm too.
OzSome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2016, 05:58 PM   #63
zamler
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Surprised Bo is still in the game.
zamler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2016, 05:58 PM   #64
OzSome
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dash_pinched View Post
Didn't the Stamps get Davis in a trade with the Riders?
Yes for neg list. I think it was QB Sims.
The Following User Says Thank You to OzSome For This Useful Post:
Old 09-17-2016, 05:59 PM   #65
Frank MetaMusil
RANDOM USER TITLE CHANGE

Exp:

Once the refs stopped picking penalties to call on the Stamps they went ham. Awesome game.
Frank MetaMusil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2016, 06:02 PM   #66
OzSome
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think Lavoie stole the ball from Mayo.
Old 09-17-2016, 06:04 PM   #67
Roof-Daddy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Man, BLM just keeps getting better and better.

Only 26 years old. He could be a top QB in the CFL for a long time yet.
Roof-Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Roof-Daddy For This Useful Post:
Old 09-17-2016, 06:07 PM   #68
dash_pinched
Franchise Player

Exp:

Alex Singleton with 11 tackles today, great drafting by Huf.
dash_pinched is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2016, 06:39 PM   #69
M*A*S*H 4077
Franchise Player

Exp:

I thought both secondaries were pretty bad today. Lots of wide open receivers running down the field on both sides. They were bailed out by both QBs missing a bunch of throws they usually hit.

The refs had an outstanding game (compared to the rest of the season). Few penalties, only one challenge. They let the players flow and it was a nice change.
M*A*S*H 4077 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2016, 06:55 PM   #70
Da_Chief
Franchise Player

Exp:

Shaq Richardson had a tough game. Odiase came in to relieve him. Hopefully Evans is ready to come back soon. Shaq needs more time.

Bell made one nice play, he was clueless on the last Ottawa TD.

O sputtered in the 3rd Q but showed up when the team needed them. Daniels is solid receiver. Bo was really feeding Brescacin the ball, he made one spectacular play but ran couple of bad routes as well. I'm surprised Durant wasn't used more with an injury to Bakari.

Singelton, what a player. He can be a star in this league if he sticks around. DL did their usual thing despite Beltre being out, Smith being suspended they keep bringing it.
Da_Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2016, 06:56 PM   #71
MissTeeks
Franchise Player

Exp:

Whoever chose "Tight Pants" as the challenge song is my new best friend.

Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever.
MissTeeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2016, 08:35 PM   #72
TheAlpineOracle
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

If Evans is out any period of time, Stamos may want to give Raymond a call. Richardson looked like a pylon today.

Pretty great effort. Singleton is an absolute beast.

I was at the game so it's hard to see everything that is going on, but I just don't see what Bell brings to this team. Not sure how he continues to have a starting roster spot.
TheAlpineOracle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2016, 09:34 PM   #73
OzSome
Franchise Player

Exp:

Good win again by the Stamps. Final score 48-23 Stampeders.
Fast start by Bo Levi Mitchell and the offense. 3 TDs right away and the first 2 TDs were done in only 6 plays and the 3rd one was for 5 plays. Defense were doing well in the first half also but Trevor Harris burned them with some deep passes.
Calgary Stampeders officially clinched the playoff spot after the win tonight.

OFFENSE:

Fast start by the offense. What can you say about Bo Levi Mitchell? This guy is amazing, he passes for over 200 yards already and 1st quarter wasn't even over yet. Marquay McDaniel had a huge game especially in the first half. He was Mitchell's go to guy whenever they needed a first down. Pretty much everyone in offense touched the ball. Jerome Messam was a dual-threat again tonight and so as Lamar Durant. Anthony Parker had a great game and another Canadian JUwan Brescacin was good after replacing the inhured Bakari Grant. I have no idea how he managed to catch that looks to be an overthrown pass by Mitchell. What a nice one-handed catch!
Davaris Daniels was pretty quiet in the first half but made some noise later in the game with that awesome TD catch. Now I know why the Stampeder coaching staff and management are so high on this guy. Only reason why he didn't start the season was because of veteran players like Joe West, who were actually playing well before his injury, and also veteran Bakari Grant.
Offense cool off in the 3rd quarter but heated up again late in the game.
The patch-up offensive line did a great job again protecting the QB and giving blocks to Messam. They only gave up one sack.

DEFENSE:

MLB Alex Singleton had a huge game. The guy is all over the field making tackles. He doesn't seem to make those rookie mistakes and he was on Trevor Harris most of the time. DT Micah Johnson is another one with the huge game. I am sure Harris will have nightmares tonight seeing Micah barreling on him. Linebackers and DLines played well. DBs were actually good as well except Shaquille Richardson. He got burned by a few deep passes. Other than that, they shut down the deep threat Chris Williams all night. I believed Williams only caught 1 pass for 4 yards all night.
Charleston Hughes with 3 sacks, while Jamar Wall took a PICK 6 INT. Not sure you can give the defensive player to one guy only. I have to give them to Alex Singleton, Micah Johnson, Charleston Hughes.

SPECIAL TEAM:

Nothing special here. They did their job and pretty close to shutting down Tristan Jackson. Only flaw was that Tristan Jackson return where he almost bring it all the way. Thank god for that Rob Maver TD saving tackle. Jackson actually got hurt on that return.

Loving this team more and more.
Old 09-17-2016, 10:36 PM   #74
Corral
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Kudos to Ottawa for staying close in this one. It was an entertaining game. A lesser opponent and this would have been a pretty lopsided affair.
Corral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 07:36 AM   #75
troutman
Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roof-Daddy View Post
Man, BLM just keeps getting better and better.

Only 26 years old. He could be a top QB in the CFL for a long time yet.
Won't the NFL come calling soon? Ex. Cleveland.
troutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 07:46 AM   #76
Roof-Daddy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutman View Post
Hopefully BLM is just good enough to be a superstar in the CFL but not quite good enough for the NFL.

That would suck though, and brings back memories of watching Flutie, Garcia, Dickenson and Burris all head for the NFL at some point.

Dickenson and Burris should have stayed put though, they never really had a hope in the NFL IMO and both ended back in the CFL anyways.
Roof-Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 07:52 AM   #77
Da_Chief
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutman View Post
I think he's already signed a decent length contract with the Stamps. I think he's under contract for at least couple more so pushing him closer to late 20s. Not sure how much clipboard holding desire he would have at that age or how much interest NFL would have. Then again Warner did become a star late in the NFL.

He getting paid well in the CFL and his salary is only going to go up. As a star QB, this might be the best place for him.
Da_Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 08:01 AM   #78
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Location: Wondering when # became hashtag and not a number sign.
Exp:

BLM signed a 4 year deal last year which will take him through the 2018 season.

He will start in Calgary and there is no guarentee he would do that in the NFL. He is paid pretty decently though not among the best in the league. Money simply isn't his biggest motivation...he just wants to play and win. He has started a foundation with his wife and looks to be staying put for a long long time.

Quote:
“The first thing I told them is, ‘I don’t want to be the top-paid guy in the league, I don’t want to be overpaid. I want a contract that teammates can look at me and look at my contract and respect it and say what he’s making is what he’s worth,’”

“I gotta be honest, there’s not another city I’d want to play for in the CFL. I didn’t want to go to free agency in two years and test the market and get overpaid, which I know is probably contrary to most people’s beliefs in football. That’s just not what it’s about for me. I’m getting paid to do what I love and I don’t need to break the bank and I don’t need to take every penny the Stampeders have.”
http://www.calgarysun.com/2015/03/03...o-2018-sources

He's a special talent and the Stamps and their fans are extremely lucky to have such a person in the fold.
Old 09-18-2016, 09:05 AM   #79
M*A*S*H 4077
Franchise Player

Exp:

I was surprised when Mitch signed his extension, I thought the NFL would be calling for sure. But I would now be shocked if he left. He has a chance to go down as a CFL great
M*A*S*H 4077 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 10:06 AM   #80
troutman
Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer

Exp:

Don't you think Huff would tear up his contract and wish him well, if Bo had a good offer?
troutman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
harris , mitchell , redblacks , stampeders , stamps