Tired of paying $80 for 2GB of data, limited amounts of minutes and no Canada wide long distance calling? So was I, so I decided to do something about it.
I've been with Rogers for the past 4 years (My 3 year contract had ended and i've been paying monthly for the past year.)
I have relatives in Saskatchewan and they have a plan with Koodo that consists of 5GB of data, Unlimited Canada wide Calling + Texting + Call Display + Voice Mail. All for only $55. I thought to myself why should everyone living just a few hours away get a much better plan than me? So I did some research on the plan and thought to myself i'm 100% sure I can get this in Calgary. I will lay out the steps 1 by 1 so you too can beat the system and get this amazing plan.
1. Have an unlocked phone, there is no other way to do this, you need an unlocked phone. You also need to have a current Cell Phone plan with any carrier.
2. Go to a place that sells Koodo phone plans (I don't recommend going to a Koodo store. Try a Wireless Wave, Best Buy Mobile, London Drugs).
3. Tell them you are going to Saskatchewan for work or school and you need to activate a Saskatchewan line and that your friend/relative recommended a great plan with Koodo for $55. (school is believable still because it's the beginning of September)
4. The person selling you the plan will most likely think you need a Saskatchewan Address & Postal Code to get the new plan. THIS IS NOT THE CASE tell them to just try with your Current Address / Postal Code. It will work. Let them know you'll update the billing address later.
5. They will now give you a Koodo Sim Card and your new Saskatchewan number, put it in test it out make sure it's working. Take it out and put in your old Sim Card.
6. Go home check your email and set yourself up on Self Serve - Monthly Customers
7. Go to Mobile Phone --> Change Number. This is where you will be able to Port your current mobile phone number on top of your Saskatchewan one, after this step you will now have the $55 Koodo plan with your 403/587 number.
8. You need your current account number with your previous carrier (It will say on your last bill). You need to make sure you have no existing balances with your previous carrier make sure all payments are up to date in order for this to work.
9. Once you confirm this turn your phone off for 15-20 minutes and pop your Koodo Sim Card in.
10. You will receive an email telling you that the Port has been successful and you're now good to go.
There is obviously going to be a few questions, if you have any feel free to ask. I did this 2 weeks ago and it has been going flawless for me.