Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Do you think Glenn is alive?
Yes 51 50.50%
No 50 49.50%
Voters: 101. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-03-2016, 11:24 PM   #6601
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Why would anyone be surprised they left with a cliff hanger seeing that's the way they have been ending episodes all season? At least it sets up for an interesting season upcoming as the group will now be essentially slaves to Negan and he looks like a character that's going to be able to breath some fresh air into the series as a very dislikable antagonist.
Old 04-04-2016, 12:09 AM   #6602
JiriHrdina
I believe in the Pony Power

Exp:

One thing I don't understand is why the Hilltops asked Alexandria to kill the Saviors, when they had to have known they were severely over-matched? What would be the point other than piss off the Saviors?
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JiriHrdina For This Useful Post:
Old 04-04-2016, 12:13 AM   #6603
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Really like the episode. Didn't mind the cliffhanger at all.

Really interested to learn more about the guys in the armour that Morgan met. Based on their demeanor, I'd day the were not working for or enslaved to Negan. They seemed really confident.

Besides it's about time we see people in appropriate armor for a zombie apocalypse.
The Following User Says Thank You to blankall For This Useful Post:
Old 04-04-2016, 12:32 AM   #6604
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by V View Post
I think there's no question someone important dies tonight, but I also have a feeling that they're going to leave it with us not knowing who actually died. I will not be impressed if that happens.
Lol ^
Old 04-04-2016, 02:44 AM   #6605
Alberta_Beef
Franchise Player

Exp:

The episode dragged on and on, was not a fan until the end and the end was awesome.
The Following User Says Thank You to Alberta_Beef For This Useful Post:
Old 04-04-2016, 03:14 AM   #6606
To Be Quite Honest
Franchise Player

Exp:

I have read the comics and now that Negan is revealed I have to say that the voice I had for him I'd waaaaaay different than the Actor they chose. He had more of a new york Brooklyn accent. He came off dumb but was real smart like. Having this type of Actor in takes away from that...

The death scene was well executed. We don't know and the child's game to select was great. The actors sweat and expressions were wonderfully appropriate. You could tell how lost, scared and helpless they were. Besides the miscast for Negan (IMO and I love The Comedian) I'm still looking forward to October!

######### from me to you.
Old 04-04-2016, 07:29 AM   #6607
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JiriHrdina View Post
One thing I don't understand is why the Hilltops asked Alexandria to kill the Saviors, when they had to have known they were severely over-matched? What would be the point other than piss off the Saviors?
Yeah it's kind of sloppy but I suppose you can make the case that the Hilltops were not aware that the Saviors extended further than that one base that Rick and the group took out.

Also why wouldn't Negan kill Rick as taking him out would make the group rudderless and easy to exploit. Seems odd to let their leader live given he's the one that orchestrated successful attacks on them once already. It would be like taking over the Saviors and letting Negan live and assuming they will just stay in line. Not going to happen.

Good to see Trevor (Steven Ogg) from GTAV got a good role in the show. Although every time I hear him talk I can't help but think if
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Erick Estrada For This Useful Post:
Old 04-04-2016, 07:32 AM   #6608
Hockeyguy15
Franchise Player

Exp:

If I remember correctly didn't Rick offer to take out the Saviors, it wasn't Hilltop that asked them to.

Also that's Negan's way, make a group's leader submit to him so everyone else follows along. If he were to off the leader of the groups then the group may fracture and people leave, and if people leave Negan has less people working for him.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hockeyguy15 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-04-2016, 07:59 AM   #6609
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Eugene is going to get the beating. Form the sounds of it Neegan won't kill though? I say Eugene becuase I knew he was going to get it as soon as they had the talk outside the RV. He was clearly being set up for a death scene there...

Not that great an episode though, especially considering how strong this season was and that it was a finale.

Dammit Morgan, leave Carol alone! Guy just can't take no for an answer.
Old 04-04-2016, 08:02 AM   #6610
Hockeyguy15
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
Eugene is going to get the beating. Form the sounds of it Neegan won't kill though? I say Eugene becuase I knew he was going to get it as soon as they had the talk outside the RV. He was clearly being set up for a death scene there...

Not that great an episode though, especially considering how strong this season was and that it was a finale.

Dammit Morgan, leave Carol alone! Guy just can't take no for an answer.
Nope Negan definitely killed someone, that's how it works. They have been saying for how long now that they kill one person as an example.
Old 04-04-2016, 08:15 AM   #6611
ken0042
Playboy Mansion Poolboy

Location: Close enough to make a beer run during a TV timeout
Exp:

With the actor that plays Darryl having his own show starting up in June, I wonder if it will be him.

I also wonder if they have actually picked who has died yet. They could start putting feelers out to see how people would react if it was Darryl, and if they have too much backlash they could change their minds and make it Aaron or Eugene.
Old 04-04-2016, 08:21 AM   #6612
TheDragon
First Line Centre

Exp:

I didn't like Negan's dialogue at the end at all. It felt almost forced, and some of the lines were just cheesy. 11 minutes was just a bit too long, as well.

Overall, I'm kind of indifferent about next season.
Old 04-04-2016, 08:27 AM   #6613
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JiriHrdina View Post
My guess is that Hilltop folded a lot faster than Ricks group. Negan tried to send at least 2 groups to negotiate before he decided to come himself, Hilltop might have only taken the first with the 8 or 9 guys that Daryl blew up on the road.

And all they had seen was the Satellite base so they assumed that was the whole operation.
Old 04-04-2016, 08:38 AM   #6614
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyguy15 View Post
Nope Negan definitely killed someone, that's how it works. They have been saying for how long now that they kill one person as an example.
Huh, OK. I could have sworn i heard him say something about giving a beating to make an example, but not killing. It was a long speech though, so I may have zoned out....
Old 04-04-2016, 08:47 AM   #6615
Hockeyguy15
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
Huh, OK. I could have sworn i heard him say something about giving a beating to make an example, but not killing. It was a long speech though, so I may have zoned out....
He did say he was going to beat the holy hell out of one of them, that could be what you are remembering.
The Following User Says Thank You to Hockeyguy15 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-04-2016, 08:56 AM   #6616
Stud_McCool
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
If I remember correctly didn't Rick offer to take out the Saviors, it wasn't Hilltop that asked them to.

Also that's Negan's way, make a group's leader submit to him so everyone else follows along. If he were to off the leader of the groups then the group may fracture and people leave, and if people leave Negan has less people working for him.
I don't think Negan has a problem offing the leader as evidenced by them sending someone to assassinate Gregory, the Hilltop leader.
Old 04-04-2016, 08:58 AM   #6617
Hockeyguy15
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stud_McCool View Post
I don't think Negan has a problem offing the leader as evidenced by them sending someone to assassinate Gregory, the Hilltop leader.
Yes but they had the agreement firmly in place at that point, Rick and co is a new group so he still needs Rick. Negan sent one of Gregory's own back to kill him because they were "light" on the delivery, so Negan wanted to set another example.
Old 04-04-2016, 09:18 AM   #6618
Stud_McCool
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Yes but they had the agreement firmly in place at that point, Rick and co is a new group so he still needs Rick. Negan sent one of Gregory's own back to kill him because they were "light" on the delivery, so Negan wanted to set another example.
Makes sense. Different situations.
Old 04-04-2016, 09:42 AM   #6619
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

I thought it was a good episode. Agree that season 7 will revolve around Rick et al. and their new reality. I still believe that Morgan & his jail cell will have a large involvement in season 7. I also think that we will see more of the armoured horsemen. They clearly know who the Hilltop are and have a relationship with the Hilltop. I believe that this group, the Hilltop and Rick’s group will eventually form an alliance against Negan.

I can’t put my finger on who it dead. After believing Glenn was dead with the dumpster silliness, I don’t believe they kill him now. I think keeping the Glenn/Maggie baby story together draws Alexandrians and Hilltop closer solidifying their relationship for the future alliance against Negan. I think that Morgan acts as a broker to bring the armoured horsemen and Alexandra together.

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Just ignore me...I'm in a mood today.
Old 04-04-2016, 10:00 AM   #6620
Inglewood Jack
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

anyone else get a weird Nicholas Cage vibe from Negan, especially when he flashed the crazy creep smile?

anyhow I enjoyed both the 80 minute RV odyssey and the 10 minute Negan show (even though all the commercials made the actual content feel no longer than a regular hour long episode). it was amazing watching Rick and gang start out all cocky with their first encounter, and then with each bigger/freakier roadblock their resolve start to crack. ever since their capture at Terminus (they're screwing with the wrong people!) Rick's group have fancied themselves the hardest of the hardcore. which they were...but now they're a distant 2nd place and all they could do was silently kneel, shaking uncontrollably in fear.

I also have to say Negan's a pretty reasonable dude, considering the Alexandrians just murdered like 40 of his guys, and he only wants one back in return. Governor 2.0 he is certainly not.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Inglewood Jack For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Tags
brains! , i ate your momma , zombies