Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 03-04-2013, 06:39 PM   #321
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AR_Six View Post
Which it was... if that isn't called there's no 3-2 goal and who knows how the rest of the game goes.

I was at the game. He stood on the bench and yelled something indecipherable, and was up there for maybe 2 seconds. I really don't agree with calling that penalty with under 10 minutes left in a tied hockey game. I hate seeing the referees decide a game like that.

It was a tight game and it should've been decided by the players. But the way the officiating has gone this year, there have been more than a couple games that haven't been.
I have a friend who sits in he area behind the visitors bench and is close enough. I asked him if the penalty was justified, his response was a straight up "Big Time, AV said far more then that's an elbow and there was a pretty big sting of profanity"

Refs very rarely called that kind of bench minor unless its deserved, I can't remember the last time I saw a abuse of officials bench penalty.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 06:46 PM   #322
calgaryred
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino7c View Post
its okay the Canucks got away with a ton...like the trip on Hudler. If one penalty beats you, you probably didn't deserve the win
Canuck loving Garrett said Hudler embellished, and was glad the ref didn't call it, because the Canucks are always victims of embellished calls
calgaryred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 07:42 PM   #323
Inferno
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgaryred View Post
Canuck loving Garrett said Hudler embellished, and was glad the ref didn't call it, because the Canucks are always victims of embellished calls
I laughed when he said that too. Atleast the Canucks' Sportsnet broadcast isn't as annoying as Hughson though.
Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 10:54 PM   #324
Mike F
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mean Mr. Mustard View Post
Honestly that is a pretty crap call given the circumstances and the forum here would be livid if it went against the Flames.
The Canucks own broadcast crew described Vigneault as "screaming" and "livid" at the ref. You do that, you're going to get called more often than not.

Last edited by Mike F; 03-04-2013 at 10:57 PM.
Mike F is offline   Reply With Quote