Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-25-2017, 10:55 AM   #101
bigbadboss101
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Nice, regarding the renewal Sec218! The relocation is going to be on June 19 to 23. I am a first time STH. Now do you guys prefer seats being closer to the ice or being more central? For example, would you move a section closer to center even if you have to move up a few rows?
bigbadboss101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 12:10 PM   #102
theslymonkey
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I have found that you really need to go down to the dome and just walk around for 30 minutes. The sight lines are so subjective and for me, I prefer the "extras" the different sections have to offer. I prefer the attack zone oranges because the sight lines are great but the seats have their own amenities above the concourse. Plus, if you want to sell off a bunch of your seats the oranges and greens have the best resale value.
theslymonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 12:56 PM   #103
Cantrader
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbadboss101 View Post
Nice, regarding the renewal Sec218! The relocation is going to be on June 19 to 23. I am a first time STH. Now do you guys prefer seats being closer to the ice or being more central? For example, would you move a section closer to center even if you have to move up a few rows?
Did you get an email on when your timeslot will be? I am a first year too.
Cantrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 01:02 PM   #104
Russic
Dances with Wolves

Exp:

Quote:
Back in the darker days when ¼ of the dome was empty, my buddy and I used to venture off to sit in lower seats for the 2nd or 3rd. We always ended up preferring our centrally located seats in the 300s over everything else. Personal preference of course.
Russic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 01:06 PM   #105
Cantrader
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by theslymonkey View Post
I have found that you really need to go down to the dome and just walk around for 30 minutes. The sight lines are so subjective and for me, I prefer the "extras" the different sections have to offer. I prefer the attack zone oranges because the sight lines are great but the seats have their own amenities above the concourse. Plus, if you want to sell off a bunch of your seats the oranges and greens have the best resale value.
Would the inventory be the same online and in person? Thanks
Old 05-25-2017, 01:06 PM   #106
bigbadboss101
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantrader View Post
Did you get an email on when your timeslot will be? I am a first year too.
I got this mail last week:

The Season Ticket Holder Seat Relocation Event will be held from the 19th to the 23rd of June. You will receive an email in the week beginning June 5th asking you to register your interest in changing your seats. Registrations will close June 13th. Around the 15th or 16th of June you will receive an email advising of your relocation time. You will only be invited to relocate if your current seats have been renewed with at least a 10% deposit.
bigbadboss101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 01:11 PM   #107
Cantrader
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
I got this mail last week:

The Season Ticket Holder Seat Relocation Event will be held from the 19th to the 23rd of June. You will receive an email in the week beginning June 5th asking you to register your interest in changing your seats. Registrations will close June 13th. Around the 15th or 16th of June you will receive an email advising of your relocation time. You will only be invited to relocate if your current seats have been renewed with at least a 10% deposit.
Thanks, I did not get this email. Any STH missing this email? I have to keep an eye for the next email.
Old 05-25-2017, 01:19 PM   #108
bcneil
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
If you are looking for the best resale tickets....green or orange, preferably in the attack zone and not directly behind the net. If you are in whites I would try to get closer to center over a couple rows lower.

Quote:
Thanks, I did not get this email. Any STH missing this email? I have to keep an eye for the next email.
My letter was directly from my rep Laura. I don't know if all the reps sent out something similar....maybe just she did as she also let us know she was going on vacation for 2 weeks soon.
bcneil is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bcneil For This Useful Post:
Old 05-25-2017, 01:24 PM   #109
Cantrader
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcneil View Post
If you are looking for the best resale tickets....green or orange, preferably in the attack zone and not directly behind the net. If you are in whites I would try to get closer to center over a couple rows lower.

My letter was directly from my rep Laura. I don't know if all the reps sent out something similar....maybe just she did as she also let us know she was going on vacation for 2 weeks soon.
Were greens easy for resale last year? I heard from some folks that they had some issues with resale but not sure where they are sitting.

I have PL and did not have too much resale issues except few of the weekday games. I wanted greens last year but could not get them
Old 05-25-2017, 01:35 PM   #110
RM14
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
I wonder this too. Seems like the online makes it more difficult to find real good upgrades compared to when we all used to go down and wait all afternoon for turnover and new inventory to come in.

Or, is the equivalent to refresh the online availability every few minutes all day?
RM14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 01:38 PM   #111
bcneil
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Were greens easy for resale last year? I heard from some folks that they had some issues with resale but not sure where they are sitting.

I have PL and did not have too much resale issues except few of the weekday games. I wanted greens last year but could not get them
Yes the greens even in the defence zone 207 were easy to sell. The only games other than preseason that I took a loss on were the October Sabre and Hurricane games, and the Wild and Coyote games in February. Couple other games where I sold for $40 on ticketexchange, which ends up being like a $7 loss for the pair.

Oranges do even better, but I think I was very lucky to get mine, I have 3 in 222. I don't think there were any pairs in the orange during my relocation last year. If there are this year, I will move my 207 greens to any orange I can find.
bcneil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 02:12 PM   #112
theslymonkey
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
First, I meant go now and just get an idea of what you would like for sections. That way you know what you'd like when relocation comes around.

The inventory is the same online and on the phone except the ticket reps temporarily pull seats while you talk to them, so it varies slightly.
theslymonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 02:48 PM   #113
Flamenspiel
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

nm

Last edited by Flamenspiel; 05-25-2017 at 02:52 PM.
Flamenspiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 05:35 PM   #114
Sec218
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I prefer lower green or orange in the corners. I tried higher whites one season which I didn't enjoy for the price point. I also tried the first 3 rows of Black for a couple of seasons, but enjoy my orange seats better.
Sec218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 11:59 AM   #115
Southside
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

We renewed, but I have to be honest it was a hard decision. The 5% increase was not well received at home where we try to budget entertainment dollars. My wife was a firm no on renewal, my son was on the line, leaning towards no if it would impact at all upon family vacations. I was in favour of renewal but really had a hard time justifying the increase.

Suffice to say, we're looking for more value from the commitment. Where is that value to come from? I really don't know, winning? I guess we will leave that to the Flames to figure out, this might be their last season to do so for us.
Southside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 02:04 PM   #116
KevanGuy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southside View Post

Where is that value to come from? I really don't know, winning? I guess we will leave that to the Flames to figure out, this might be their last season to do so for us.
Maybe they'll find a way to fit another truck in the concourse!
KevanGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KevanGuy For This Useful Post:
Old 05-26-2017, 04:07 PM   #117
Corral
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southside View Post
Suffice to say, we're looking for more value from the commitment. Where is that value to come from? I really don't know, winning? I guess we will leave that to the Flames to figure out, this might be their last season to do so for us.
Unfortunately, your renewal confirms to the Flames you are satisfied with current value.
Corral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 04:16 PM   #118
Aleks
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corral View Post
Unfortunately, your renewal confirms to the Flames you are satisfied with current value.
In fairness, there is a fairly significant consequence to non renewal too, in terms of you can't just decide to purchase the seats you already have if and when they get better. It sticks you in a convoluted process to regain what you had essentially earned in terms of seniority.
Aleks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 06:50 PM   #119
Southside
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corral View Post
Not at all. The expenditure has moved to the top of the potential budget cuts.
Southside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 10:18 PM   #120
jtfrogger
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I think we are finally letting go of our tickets this year. There are so many factors as to why. With a five-year-old daughter, it is hard to take her to games. And selling them off has been nearly impossible this year. Quite a few were sold at a loss and it was even hard to give them away. It was the first time in about ten years as a STH that some of my tickets went unused.
jtfrogger is offline   Reply With Quote