Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-19-2014, 08:13 AM   #41
killer_carlson
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think this year the strategy with Gadzic will be to pull his helmet off early in the fight and see how much his strategy changes. Jury is out on him.

I expect some big wins and big losses for Gadzic in the fight department this year.
Old 09-19-2014, 08:26 AM   #42
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by killer_carlson View Post
I think this year the strategy with Gadzic will be to pull his helmet off early in the fight and see how much his strategy changes. Jury is out on him.

I expect some big wins and big losses for Gadzic in the fight department this year.
I wouldn't be surprised if there is some sort of talk between these tough guys and at the beginning of the fight the opponent can "pull the helmet off" before the fight really begins. Or something along those lines.
Weitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 08:30 AM   #43
killer_carlson
Franchise Player

Exp:

If there is, I doubt Gadzic would agree. He made his career last year by winning a few fights. He won those fights by burying his head behind that visor while throwing absolute bombs.

I can't see him giving up that advantage. Too much to lose. Or if he does, it won't be against anyone who could potentially beat him.
Old 09-19-2014, 09:01 AM   #44
Matty81
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Guys rarely get knocked out by getting hit on the chin, maybe knocked down. The chin is really the only fully exposed part of Gadzic's face. The big lights out knockouts and career changers come when guys get smoked in their upper face and end up with broken orbital bones etc.

Sure he has to wear the visor. Doesn't make him a good fighter, makes him a fighter with a huge advantage.

If you look at discussions among guys who watch the A, Gadzic was not considered to be in the top 5 fighters in that league before he came to the NHL.

I don't like him because he (and oilers fans) won't even admit his advantage, if you read interviews with him he says things like, well my chin is exposed so I don't see an advantage. Apparently there are also tearaway visors on the market but he "doesn't like the quality" of them. He is milking his edge.

Kc is right, guys are going to try to rip his lid off but going in to try to get the bucket is exposing yourself bigtime to a haymaker thrower like him.

Will be happy when he gets KOed by another fishbowl fighter.

Last edited by Matty81; 09-19-2014 at 09:04 AM.
Matty81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 09:05 AM   #45
bigbadboss101
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

I dont dislike the guy, seems like a good dude. Just like many other fighters they are not bad people. There are some jerks out there that their peers do not like at all. The fact they play for the Oilers and Canucks make things worse.
bigbadboss101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 09:06 AM   #46
Fire of the Phoenix
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Gadzic is a top fighter but the visor does give him an advantage. It's basically armor that only one guy benefits from. I know I would rather punch a face than a visor if I was a goon.
Fire of the Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 09:07 AM   #47
Matty81
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

He might be a nice guy but he is milking his edge and not admitting it.

He needs to go to a tearaway visor asap if he wants any respect.

A heavy wearing a visor during fights is a ####ing joke.
Matty81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 11:33 AM   #48
1Nite
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire of the Phoenix View Post
Gadzic is a top fighter but the visor does give him an advantage. It's basically armor that only one guy benefits from. I know I would rather punch a face than a visor if I was a goon.
Like last year Westgarth was to distracted by that visor, and while trying to take it off left himself open to one off those big bombs. If that will be his style to not have to worry about his head and try to throw the hardest punches that he can, it's chicken sh1t to me, sure he has said he would prefer to have it off, but you know action speaks louder than words.
1Nite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 11:37 AM   #49
Cheerio
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I think Bordeleau should be #2, he's definitely ahead of Gazdic in my opinion
Cheerio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 12:13 PM   #50
Mike F
Franchise Player

Exp:

Apropos of nothing, but at the bottom of the Top 10 fighters story, there was a link to a story from last year about Iginla's return to Pittsburgh with Boston that included the following:

Quote:
When the two teams met for what NBCSN called Wednesday Night Rivalry, it was more about the teams than the Crosby-Iginla encounter. Iginla received neither cheers, nor boos when he took to the ice in Pittsburgh. Tribune reporter Josh Yohe had an interesting tweet before the game: “I rarely ask for anything, but please, don’t boo Jarome Iginla tonight. The man is a saint. You will look foolish if you boo.”
Still proud that he was (and in many ways still is) the face of the Flames.
Mike F is offline   Reply With Quote