Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-22-2017, 02:50 PM   #461
Oling_Roachinen
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonBlue View Post
like that means anything or make the allegations untrue. so a couple of women he knows says it didn't happen, so it must not have happened to anyone?
Given his other comments, I wonder if the women would have told him the truth anyways. He'd probably label them as crybabies anyways and the women likely know this.
Oling_Roachinen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Oling_Roachinen For This Useful Post:
Old 02-22-2017, 02:52 PM   #462
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oling_Roachinen View Post
Given his other comments, I wonder if the women would have told him the truth anyways. He'd probably label them as crybabies anyways and the women likely know this.
or at least ask them what time of month it was....

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Just ignore me...I'm in a mood today.
undercoverbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 02:56 PM   #463
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Pretty much the way that Cop talks, no one would tell him anything anyway, with the kind of attitude he has.
Weitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 03:17 PM   #464
Kjesse
Retired

Exp:

So Joe is a guy who investigates to find the "truth" to hand off the Crown and prosecute the charges he lays, and he does that for a living. Livelihoods and liberty are at stake for the accused, not to mention its pretty expensive to hire a good defence.

Joe hears his organization has been challenged as having bullies, and his response is, he doesn't even need to know who complained, its because they are lazy.

I understand the need to protect your own group as he is doing, but its very clear he does not have the right temperament to conduct an investigation.

Joe is part of the problem and contributes to why the CPS is in the news these days.

And that MBates story about the gun to the head is horrific. Holy ####. How can that go on and why was it not a news story itself?

I'm pretty sure Joe should be deleting his facebook post, although its probably too late.
Kjesse is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kjesse For This Useful Post:
Old 02-22-2017, 04:02 PM   #465
AltaGuy
AltaGuy has a magnetic personality and exudes positive energy, which is infectious to those around him. He has an unparalleled ability to communicate with people, whether he is speaking to a room of three or an arena of 30,000.

Exp:

That's the last time I'm going to trust Joe for my news about the CPS.
AltaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 04:52 PM   #466
MillerTime GFG
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delgar View Post
Joe hears his organization has been challenged as having bullies, and his response is, he doesn't even need to know who complained, its because they are lazy.
Well I certainly regret posting that, but seeing as it has been quoted multiple times, there is no point in deleting it. I find myself wanting to defend Joe, knowing who he is as a person. Rash? Yes. Politically correct? Certainly not. Doesn't mean there may not be merit to what he's saying. He did also state he does not condone sexual harrassment whatsoever.

Your quote however is inaccurate, as while he may not have names, Joe is stating he does have insider information as to who the complainants are, or as to the credibility of their complaints.

Not much else I can say. Should have known better than to post it lol, but my main goal was to state that maybe there is more to it.
MillerTime GFG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 05:01 PM   #467
Table 5
Franchise Player

Exp:

What's a #### pump?
Table 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Table 5 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-22-2017, 05:13 PM   #468
4X4
One of the Nine

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillerTime GFG View Post
Well I certainly regret posting that, but seeing as it has been quoted multiple times, there is no point in deleting it. I find myself wanting to defend Joe, knowing who he is as a person. Rash? Yes. Politically correct? Certainly not. Doesn't mean there may not be merit to what he's saying. He did also state he does not condone sexual harrassment whatsoever.

Your quote however is inaccurate, as while he may not have names, Joe is stating he does have insider information as to who the complainants are, or as to the credibility of their complaints.

Not much else I can say. Should have known better than to post it lol, but my main goal was to state that maybe there is more to it.

So they also leak this info around the force? Kinda makes it worse, not better.
4X4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 05:23 PM   #469
MillerTime GFG
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4X4 View Post
So they also leak this info around the force? Kinda makes it worse, not better.
Doubtful. Probably cooler talk.
Old 02-22-2017, 05:36 PM   #470
RougeUnderoos
Franchise Player

Exp:

"Joe's" comments don't sound much different than your average office griping about people not pulling their weight. In my experience (which is certainly a long ways away from law enforcement) the same people who spend their time bitching about co-workers not pulling their weight might not be pulling their own weight, because it takes time to pay attention to and bitch about people not pulling their weight.

RougeUnderoos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 06:09 PM   #471
MillerTime GFG
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Table 5 View Post
What's a #### pump?
I wonder the same.
Old 02-22-2017, 06:30 PM   #472
RougeUnderoos
Franchise Player

Exp:

According to the Urban Dictionary:

A term used in the Canadian forces to describe a soldier who is utterly useless. Cannot do anything right.

I'm no expert on these matters, but when the guy with the #### pump comes to empty the septic tank, that pump does a lot of hard work!

RougeUnderoos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 06:32 PM   #473
D as in David
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
So it must be true.
D as in David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 06:47 PM   #474
Kjesse
Retired

Exp:

Quote:

The candidness is appreciated. Perhaps Joe's words were not well thought out. Thanks for posting it, it did enlighten.

And he's the one that put it on facebook.
Old 02-22-2017, 06:54 PM   #475
MBates
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delgar View Post
And that MBates story about the gun to the head is horrific. Holy ####. How can that go on and why was it not a news story itself?
It is funny how some old news finds a way to almost erase itself from the internet.

Almost.

Quote:
Shah's original complaint says a superior officer pointed a loaded service pistol at him on several occasions.
Shah has a pending lawsuit naming Beaton and four immediate supervisors at District 3, claiming racial harassment caused him to take medical leave and ultimately forced him off the job.
http://www.primetimecrime.com/Recent...CH20040603.htm

Shah's complaint to the Police Commission was dismissed. So the Chief was cleared of any failure to investigate / deal with the matter. And 'horseplay' carried the day.

Re-reading these complaints from more than a decade ago are pretty frustrating because it sure seems like nothing has changed:

http://injusticebusters.org/05/Calga...ice_docs.shtml
MBates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 06:59 PM   #476
Kjesse
Retired

Exp:

MBates,

Its too bad the story wasn't published by a reputable publication such as Postmedia

It might last longer on the internet if that happened.

(EDIT: Oops, it was Postmedia, or at least their predecessor)
The Following User Says Thank You to Kjesse For This Useful Post:
Old 02-22-2017, 07:04 PM   #477
MBates
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
MBates - remember those are not my words, so there's no need to throw the "food for thought" back at me in a condescending way as it seems you are. It's more to open up the dialogue, for as you can see from other posters in here, it's not just Joe that has voiced these concerns about these people coming forward.

Admittedly Joe does come across as saying all of the complainants are full of you know what, but in his defense, he does say "that most or all of these people are #### pumps."
I guess the point I was trying to make is that it really is not food for thought and it is actually counter-productive to present it as such.

Joe claims to have inside information but says he guarantees his view of the complaints is correct without even knowing the names of the people that are complaining.

There is no food to eat (or think about) there.

I readily accept some complainants might just trying to make up for the fact they are sub-standard police officers. That should 100% be scrutinized just like false complaints should always be guarded against.

He could have said that.
MBates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 07:48 PM   #478
cam_wmh
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

While he doesn't specifically have names, he has insider information? Read that aloud, it makes no sense.

Can you give us a screen print of the FB post, and edit out identifying names?

Quote:
What's the difference? Sounds like rumour-mongering, hearsay to me.
cam_wmh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 08:38 PM   #479
FireGilbert
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

When I read your post I immediately thought "Joe" came across as being in denial and this was a major reason why drastic reform is required at the CPS. It then came as a shock you were actually defending "Joe" and providing this as evidence of a view from the other side.
Old 02-22-2017, 10:08 PM   #480
Oling_Roachinen
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Politically correct? Certainly not.
Acting like it's "not politically correct" is what people say when they want to be asshats. Joe was being an asshat, probably doesn't recognize that he did anything wrong and is one of the reason these complaints likely have merit.

He could have easily got his point accross without being a ######. "One of the problem facing the police force is that, unlike a private company, as a union we face the issue of removing people who are unfit for the job. Often times these people can be lazy or incompetent and yet remain on the force. Of course this limits their ability to be promoted and the like, but rather than realize they are not good employees they blame others for there misfortunes which sometimes manifests itself into believing they are being discriminated against.

I can't speak to the specific of these complaints, as I do not know the names, but based on my anecdotal experience, I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case for some of these."

Instead he starts off his post with "Boo freaking hoo..."

When he talks about "getting flak" you need to question what he believes "flak" is. Is it management talking to them discretely and questioning them professionally with constructive criticism or are the superiors chewing out the officers as ####ing tards in front of their colleagues? I bet Joe wouldn't understand the difference.

Also, anecdotal from my own experience of course, is that police aren't really shy in saying that workplace harassment exists. They justify it by saying that what they hear and put up with on the street is a thousand times worse and is a way to weed out those unfit. If you can't handle some ribbing from your colleagues, you're not going to make it out as an officer dealing with criminals and you certainly don't want a partner who's going to breakdown and cry if someone calls them something offensive during a serious incident. Which, I think in its own way has some merit, policing isn't your typical office job. Of course, that doesn't excuse workplace harassment (especially sexual) but it does give some perspective on the old school boys club that goes on.
Oling_Roachinen is offline   Reply With Quote