Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 09-24-2014, 09:35 PM   #41
Huntingwhale
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oil Stain View Post
How the heck do you people sleep at work?
I brought a pillow to work. At lunch I shut my door, lower my chair down and lie down like this.

On a good day, I get get at least 40 minute nap in over lunch.
Huntingwhale is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Huntingwhale For This Useful Post:
Old 09-25-2014, 12:49 AM   #42
DoubleF
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm the senior at work. My rules basically are finish what needs to be done. If a client won't like it: Don't get caught, if you catch someone doing it, pretend you didn't notice but make sure they know to keep it discreet. I have no issues with radio/music as long as it doesn't bother others. I chose a high traffic location on purpose even though I could easily get a room for myself.

Napping is frowned upon here, so I use the pen trick to pretend I'm deep in thought instead of getting shut eye.
DoubleF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 04:14 AM   #43
Thor
God of Hating Twitter

Exp:

In our workplace there are no cubicles, everything is open, at first I was annoyed because my seat is right where people walk in and the first thing people see is my computer screen. But in our office everyone is a tech geek and its very quiet. People are too quiet in fact and I always use headphones at work to listen to music to keep me sane.

Very few people here deal with phone calls so thats nice, and people are pretty respectful so I have no complaints, I don't know if I'd like a cubicle now that I've gotten used to the open office idea.
Old 09-25-2014, 08:45 AM   #44
Mazrim
CP Gamemaster

Exp:

I'm moving from a cubicle to open office concept next year and definitely dreading it right now. Mainly because it's even less personal space than before. People with offices are pushing back even harder.
Mazrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 09:20 AM   #45
Hack&Lube
Atomic Nerd

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oil Stain View Post
How the heck do you people sleep at work?
I talked to some girls and they secretly nap for 15-30 minutes in the bathroom stalls.
Hack&Lube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 09:49 AM   #46
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hack&Lube View Post
I talked to some girls and they secretly nap for 15-30 minutes in the bathroom stalls.
Maybe it's different for women but public bathroom stalls are a place I want to get in and out as fast as possible. I have learned over the years that it doesn't matter how much money they make or how high a position they have a lot of men are filthy. #### stains on bowls, seats, pubic hairs all over the bowl and seat, urine splatter all over the floor, and I am still stunned by the amount of men that don't wash their hands after urinating and worse yet #2 despite walls being plastered with reminders. Also it seems a lot of men have serious digestive issues as the noises and smells that emanate are the stuff of horror stories. Seriously some men aren't far removed from their Cro-Magnon descendants.

Sorry ladies of this site but chances are your dog is cleaner than your man.

Last edited by Erick Estrada; 09-25-2014 at 09:52 AM.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Erick Estrada For This Useful Post:
Old 09-25-2014, 09:53 AM   #47
Inglewood Jack
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I was just about to say, napping in the men's room would be pretty much impossible when there's a steady stream of guys whose daily routine is to participate in the most intense game of Battlesh*t, except their opponent is clean oxygen and tranquility itself.
Inglewood Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Inglewood Jack For This Useful Post:
Old 09-25-2014, 10:02 AM   #48
zukes
Nostradamus

Exp:

I sat in a cubicle in my old workplace and while you get used to it, it sucks as a whole. My current job for the last four + years I have had my own office and man what a difference.

I have never been one to chit chat at the office. Maybe a couple minutes here and there. It's not that I'm not social, I am fine leaving work a couple hours early and having some beers and all that, but when I am in my office, I am there to work. I can work at home as well, but the wife (who runs a home daycare with most of the kids in school now) is a distraction when when there are no kids there. Though on some days the distraction is great!
Old 09-25-2014, 10:47 AM   #49
Burke Salad
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
Maybe it's different for women but public bathroom stalls are a place I want to get in and out as fast as possible. I have learned over the years that it doesn't matter how much money they make or how high a position they have a lot of men are filthy. #### stains on bowls, seats, pubic hairs all over the bowl and seat, urine splatter all over the floor, and I am still stunned by the amount of men that don't wash their hands after urinating and worse yet #2 despite walls being plastered with reminders. Also it seems a lot of men have serious digestive issues as the noises and smells that emanate are the stuff of horror stories. Seriously some men aren't far removed from their Cro-Magnon descendants.

But your's doesnt smell?
Burke Salad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 11:08 AM   #50
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burke Salad View Post
But your's doesnt smell?
Who's doesn't? It's just some guys have the uncanny ability to leave a long lingering stench that's so powerful that it drives people out. I worked with one guy that no-kidding would leave a daily lingering drop that everyone would stay clear of for 20-30 minutes minimum as it would seriously linger that long. Never seen anything quite like that but some other people have come close.
Old 09-25-2014, 11:17 AM   #51
ChickenPho
Farm Team Player

Exp:

The #1 thing that drives me nuts is (well okay a few)...

1) People who fail to piss in the urinal or toilet and leave a mess after. Are were 2 years old? Even the women do this. The number of times I hear women reporting to our receptionist that the womens toilet is plugged is unheard of.

2) People who are on their cell phones and talk SO LOUDLY that everyone can hear them even with their doors closed!!! Even better is when they intentionally walk around the entire office so everyone can hear them.

3) People who dont clean up their own dishes and just toss them in the sink thinking the receptionist is a janitor as well. It just makes a mess for everyone else who has to use the sink and its unfair to the receptionist.

Some of the people here are beyond no class, no manners, no respect scumbags.

Last edited by ChickenPho; 09-25-2014 at 11:21 AM.
ChickenPho is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ChickenPho For This Useful Post:
Old 09-25-2014, 11:17 AM   #52
Flames89
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by zukes View Post
... I am fine leaving work a couple hours early and having some beers and all that, ...
We applaud your efforts and sacrifices.
Flames89 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Flames89 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-25-2014, 11:27 AM   #53
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post

Think I've said this before on here, but from my experience in men's washrooms, I'm fairly certain at LEAST 50% of men don't wash their hands after. It's unbelievable

EDIT: That said, I also get a kick out of the guy who washes his hands for a full 2-3min straight, all the way up to the elbows. I'm always tempted to "accidentally" cough on that person, just to watch them go into germophobe cardiac arrest.

Last edited by Sainters7; 09-25-2014 at 11:32 AM.
Sainters7 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sainters7 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-25-2014, 11:43 AM   #54
bigtmac19
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChickenPho View Post

1) People who fail to piss in the urinal or toilet and leave a mess after. Are were 2 years old? Even the women do this. The number of times I hear women reporting to our receptionist that the womens toilet is plugged is unheard of.

2) People who are on their cell phones and talk SO LOUDLY that everyone can hear them even with their doors closed!!! Even better is when they intentionally walk around the entire office so everyone can hear them.

3) People who dont clean up their own dishes and just toss them in the sink thinking the receptionist is a janitor as well. It just makes a mess for everyone else who has to use the sink and its unfair to the receptionist.

Huge pet peeve of mine. We are all adults here, clean up after yourself. I find it hard to believe you are this dirty and thoughtless in your own homes, so why be like that in the office?
bigtmac19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 11:49 AM   #55
GirlySports
NOT breaking news

Exp:

We have a person that takes care of the kitchen and runs all the dishwashers. You'd be amazed how much stuff (utensils and plates) go missing.

GirlySports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 11:52 AM   #56
ChickenPho
Farm Team Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtmac19 View Post
Huge pet peeve of mine. We are all adults here, clean up after yourself. I find it hard to believe you are this dirty and thoughtless in your own homes, so why be like that in the office?
EXACTLY! Treat it like your own home. But you cant act like an adult when these idiots have no respect for others in the workplace. Some of the people here are easily the worst, most arrogant self centered people you Ive ever met. They dont even respect each other because they fail in talking amongst each other in a professional manner. Im constantly hearing people swear at each other (even with clients around) and hollering and screaming at each other like a bunch of 5 year olds. Absolutely no respect. Some of the **** that I see and hear go down in this office on a daily basis just blows me away. Hell, I could entertain you all for an afternoon with the stories I have to share.

Thankfully, I dont work with them (I would not be here if I had to), but coming across them just dumping their dirty dishes into the sinks and counter tops really pisses me off. I see this **** everyday and I just shake my head in disgust.

Every morning I come in (Im the second person here) and the sink has at least 20-30 cups and plates in it.

I told our receptionist that she has to start taking the cups and dishes, and once she sees someone dumping it, pick it up and put it back on their desk. But she doesnt have the guts to do it. One of these days I will do it myself. Theyre nothing but a bunch of arrogant jackasses who think everyone else is below them just because they get to walk around in Armani suits and drive their luxury or exotic car to work.

Last edited by ChickenPho; 09-25-2014 at 12:13 PM.
ChickenPho is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ChickenPho For This Useful Post:
Old 09-25-2014, 11:53 AM   #57
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChickenPho View Post

Don't forget the person(s) that don't cover their lunch in the microwave and allow it to pop and splash all over the inside.

The microwaves at some of the place I have worked would/should be condemned by the health board!

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Just ignore me...I'm in a mood today.
undercoverbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to undercoverbrother For This Useful Post:
Old 09-25-2014, 11:54 AM   #58
Frequitude
Franchise Player

Exp:

Inexcusable tacky cube behaviour:

1) Using speakerphone for no specific reason. Especially to check voice mail.

2) Clipping your nails. Like seriously, are you f****** kidding me.

3) Listening to the radio. How hard is it to put in some god damn head phones.
Frequitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 12:04 PM   #59
calf
broke the first rule

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlySports View Post
We have a person that takes care of the kitchen and runs all the dishwashers. You'd be amazed how much stuff (utensils and plates) go missing.
This happened at my brother's company. Turned out the lady who looked after it hid most of everything so that she would have less dishes to wash.
calf is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to calf For This Useful Post:
Old 09-25-2014, 12:06 PM   #60
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sainters7 View Post
Think I've said this before on here, but from my experience in men's washrooms, I'm fairly certain at LEAST 50% of men don't wash their hands after. It's unbelievable

EDIT: That said, I also get a kick out of the guy who washes his hands for a full 2-3min straight, all the way up to the elbows. I'm always tempted to "accidentally" cough on that person, just to watch them go into germophobe cardiac arrest.
I've walked in on guys washing their feet in the sink. I get that it's a religious thing for some people but in a public sink it's kind of gross IMO.