Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-08-2013, 04:19 PM   #201
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buff View Post
You know what I've found with this program? I have some areas that still have a ways to go to get nice and toned, like my core, and my chest, but I can see it in my arms and shoulders and neck and legs. It makes me feel like a teenager again because I'll spend a lot of time flexing in the mirror. I feel so much more confidence because I am looking better.
Energy really does work the shoulders and back hard. I'm pretty proud of the fact that I can do the plank, hold, push down hold and then hover over the ground and hold without losing my breathing.

Sometimes I feel a little goofy with the rows and punches and learning how to fight myself to get the resistance.

The only areas in Energy that I'm struggling with are holding the broken table for the 30 seconds required, and the standing splits which is really tough because of a lack of being able to straighten my knee.

This week should be tough because I'm determined not to drop a knee in the lunge position no matter how tired I get.

I wish I would have found this a while ago, for some reason the results are more pronounced then the results that I got riding a bike and lifting weights.

In 20 minutes I'm burning about 180 calories during the workout which is awesome and quick.

The food thing is tough, but I'm pretty determined to stick to the plan, its part of the reason why I'm avoiding the Stampede grounds and the mini donuts and all of the other crap there.

I haven't had a soda in about 3 weeks and I went through a week of what I think was sugar withdrawal that sucked beyond all measure.

If I can stick on this for another 3 weeks which will make 7 weeks this should all become habit.

Sadly I'm missing today's workout because of a neck strain that's shooting down my arm due to slow pitch. But back at it tomorrow.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 10:43 AM   #202
old-fart
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
The food thing is tough, but I'm pretty determined to stick to the plan, its part of the reason why I'm avoiding the Stampede grounds and the mini donuts and all of the other crap there.
Ya, my Stampede event was not good. I suppose the somewhat greasy hamburger wasn't horrible, but the 6 or so beer and the deep friend Oreos, deep fried pickle and double bacon deep fried corndog were NOT on the original diet plan.

Might have to do every single workout when I get home just to clear the arteries of that crap....
old-fart is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to old-fart For This Useful Post:
Old 07-29-2013, 03:08 PM   #203
return to the red
Franchise Player

Exp:

No updates from anyone??

So I'm on week 4 now of doing about 4 or 5 times a week.

I'm to the point now where I've actually started increasing weight as I replace the fluff with the buff (not the CP poster)

Wife says im looking healthier and people I haven't seen in a few months have commented.
Old 07-29-2013, 03:26 PM   #204
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Still swinging away, I'm up to 4 times and sometimes 5 days a week. the majority is still energy as I want to go completely non modified, but I started adding a couple of fat burners to the workout (Thunder bolt and DDP 3 pushups are my enemies)

I've burned 5 inches off my waist and dropped about 20 pounds in 6 weeks.

I think a big part of that was completely changing my eating habits. No pop in 5 weeks, no refined sugers. I dropped things like breads. As I mentioned before while I didn't go all the way DDP. I did go to a lot of clean foods while allowing myself to cheat a little once every couple of weeks.

The increase in my flexibility is pretty notable as well.

I'm actually liking this better then doing standard gym stuff.

I figure I want to dump another 30 pounds.

That red head chick in energy, she's seper

The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 07-29-2013, 04:34 PM   #205
return to the red
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
Still swinging away, I'm up to 4 times and sometimes 5 days a week. the majority is still energy as I want to go completely non modified, but I started adding a couple of fat burners to the workout (Thunder bolt and DDP 3 pushups are my enemies)

I've burned 5 inches off my waist and dropped about 20 pounds in 6 weeks.

I think a big part of that was completely changing my eating habits. No pop in 5 weeks, no refined sugers. I dropped things like breads. As I mentioned before while I didn't go all the way DDP. I did go to a lot of clean foods while allowing myself to cheat a little once every couple of weeks.

The increase in my flexibility is pretty notable as well.

I'm actually liking this better then doing standard gym stuff.

I figure I want to dump another 30 pounds.

That red head chick in energy, she's seper
Excellent!

Wait until you do the diamond cutter, 10 count push-ups near the end of the 50 minute workout!?! This is my Monday workout and I'm already dreading the thought of going home and doing it.

Just for laughs though anybody else think that it sounds like he's saying "anal tension" makes me laugh and the other stupid little things like "and right up into...supasta" also "Take it to the bridge!"
Old 07-29-2013, 06:53 PM   #206
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

For some reason the cheese makes the workouts go quicker.

I'm aways from Diamond Cutter.

Fat Burner was tough just because of the Thunderbolt and the diamond pushups.

As we speak I just finished my Monday Energy and I'm sweating like a dog.

This was a great investment as far as I'm concerned, its changed my outlook on things.

Old 08-15-2013, 03:58 PM   #207
Buff
Franchise Player

Exp:

I did my first Diamond Cutter on Monday. It made me sweat and sweat and sweat and sweat.

To tell you the truth, I was starting to get a bit unmotivated. I was mostly doing Energy and Fat Burner (usually adding Red Hot Core to the end of each) and while I had noticed improvements, I was getting impatient and worried about not getting much farther. Then I did Diamond Cutter and I saw how much harder the workout is than the others. I was swearing at DDP! I was certain he was trying to give me a heart attack with all these 3 count pushups, and then all of a sudden 5 count pushups, and then a 10 count pushup! What an amazing workout! I did it again last night. Knowing how much harder DC is than the rest, I'm already dreading taking on Double Black Diamond, and scared to order the Extreme DVDs... but I'll eventually do the them all because DDP Yoga has been an awesome workout for me. Not since I was 19 or 20 have I stuck with a workout program for 3 months. I had my low time, but I pushed through it and I'm super excited to keep on going.

Captain, you think you sweat hard after Energy, just wait for Diamond Cutter! I had to take my shirt off after 20 minutes because every single fiber was wet with sweat and the shirt was uncomfortable. I don't use a yoga mat because I'm doing this on my carpeted living room floor and my wife thought I spilled water on the carpet when I was done.

For the first time ever in my life I am starting to see definition in my abs. I've got a lot of fat to burn from my belly still, but the definition is starting to show through. My arms and shoulders are not as big as when I was 19/20 but they are just as defined as I remember. My pecs are like my abs, still fat to burn but I can see them shaping up really well too.

I am totally happy with DDP Yoga, I can't say enough about it.
Buff is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Buff For This Useful Post:
Old 08-15-2013, 04:16 PM   #208
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

I've added fat burner into my rotation and doing it twice a week and energy three times a week, I'm taking my time in terms of adding rotation.

I've been at this since the start of July pretty much and the results are very good. I've knocked a bunch of inches off of my waist line. I still have fat to burn on my belly and my pecks, but I have to say I feel a lot better and my flexibility has vastly improved.

I would expect that I will keep adding fat burner and taking away energy and using the energy as the I don't feel like doing fat burner or core when I get to it.

Even in the Fat burner there are three instances of the 3 ct pushups.

I'm doing the middle difficulty where I'm in a deep runners lunge, the only time I drop to a knee is when you do the hands at 6 and 12 straight up because my balance is still off.

Energy to me is a great workout because it teaches you the positioning, it builds strength and it burns fat, my mat literally looks like a river when I'm done.

Fat burner is tough as well mostly with the catcher position stuff, but going from a deep lunge to space shuttle to explode in energy hurts a bit.

I would love to lose weight faster, but I had really put on weight due to stress and bad diet.

I'm still sticking to the diet that I created and I've gotten over the whole need to eat after 7, but if I do get hungry I'll eat a handful of peanuts.

In terms of my modified diet, any thoughts would be appreciated

Breakfast 1 cup oatmeal with milk, small oj

10:00 snack - 1 cup assorted fruits (alternate between apples, field berries or pineapple. one small cup cottage cheese one small can perrier water

lunch 1 serving rice brown, 2 eggs boiled, one small can of v8 sodium free

3:00 snack - one cup veggies raw (alternate carrots, or raw beans or raw peas), one small yogurt vanilla, one banana one small can perrier water

Dinner 1 serving brown rice, one serving vegitable steamed, either two chicken breasts grilled or a salmon steak grilled, one small can of perrier or aquafine water.

Later snack if really hungry, one handful peanuts lightly salted.

Old 08-15-2013, 04:31 PM   #209
Buff
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm no dietician but I did have to become "educated" to help manage my diabetes. Being diabetic I have to, or at least I am supposed to have well balanced meals. I'm supposed to have protein every time I have carbs, and I need to have fibre with all my meals as fibre counteracts the carbs, blah blah blah.

The only thing I would really question is your OJ. Is it freshly squeezed? If not, take a look at the label on the bottle or can. Most store bought juices have pretty much the same amount of sugar as pop.

You don't have that every day do you? How can you do that? I would need to change it up. Good job for staying so consistent.
Old 08-15-2013, 04:58 PM   #210
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

I actually found a oj that's made for diebetics with low suger.

And yeah I do it everyday, I'm trying to get consistant in my eating habits for a while Once every couple of weeks I'll cheat on a Sunday and go out and get a sub or something.

The biggest thing was giving up pop, man I went through withdrawl symptoms like you wouldn't believe.

I am going to take a day off of Yoga, my right arm feels like its got something strained in it so I'm going to rest and heat it tonight.

Old 08-15-2013, 04:58 PM   #211
return to the red
Franchise Player

Exp:

2 chicken breasts cap'n? that sounds like a lot, especially if they are the costco ones that my wife and I split one.

I've been kind of bouncing around weight wise as I lost a few and then gained a few and now I've lost a few more so down to just over 180lbs. definition is really coming now just need to get rid of that little bit of flab around the waist line.

been hard finding the energy to do it having a 2 week old at home but I still make myself do at least fat burner or energy. If i have more time I'll take on standup, mix tape or double diamond if I have a full hour to spare.

Anyhow good work crew! Your stories inspire me to keep up with it as well!

take it to the Bridge!
Old 08-15-2013, 05:01 PM   #212
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

They are smaller eat right breasts, so call them half breasts

I added up my calories and its in at about 1800 per day max. while the recommended daily is sitting at between 2300 and 2500 which explains my 2 pounds per week to 3 lbs per week loss.

As impatient as I am for weight loss, mine is a little slower though I have dropped about 26 pounds since day one.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 08-16-2013, 12:29 AM   #213
Buff
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by return to the red View Post
2 chicken breasts cap'n? that sounds like a lot, especially if they are the costco ones that my wife and I split one.

I've been kind of bouncing around weight wise as I lost a few and then gained a few and now I've lost a few more so down to just over 180lbs. definition is really coming now just need to get rid of that little bit of flab around the waist line.

been hard finding the energy to do it having a 2 week old at home but I still make myself do at least fat burner or energy. If i have more time I'll take on standup, mix tape or double diamond if I have a full hour to spare.

Anyhow good work crew! Your stories inspire me to keep up with it as well!

take it to the Bridge!
Aren't you taking it to the Bridge in Lethbridge? I was thinking I could be the only one from Lethbridge doing this program.

We have 3 young kids between 8 and 2. So our evening doesn't start until after they are in bed. Either we do cleanup and then workout or we workout and have a messy house for the next day. Usually both. lol. But because of kids I'm usually not starting my workouts until 10:00pm at the earliest. It can be hard to get motivated to workout that late especially if he day was busy but we manage to do it. Somehow. Tonight was nice because the kids are on a sleepover at grandma and grandpas's... it felt weird working out at 8:00 pm.
Old 08-16-2013, 07:09 AM   #214
return to the red
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Aren't you taking it to the Bridge in Lethbridge? I was thinking I could be the only one from Lethbridge doing this program.

We have 3 young kids between 8 and 2. So our evening doesn't start until after they are in bed. Either we do cleanup and then workout or we workout and have a messy house for the next day. Usually both. lol. But because of kids I'm usually not starting my workouts until 10:00pm at the earliest. It can be hard to get motivated to workout that late especially if he day was busy but we manage to do it. Somehow. Tonight was nice because the kids are on a sleepover at grandma and grandpas's... it felt weird working out at 8:00 pm.

Ya i'm in Lethbridge.

Usually I get home from work about 5:30 give the little man a bottle and while wifey is making supper I try to sneak downstairs and do a workout. If that doesn't work I have to do it after supper.

I would find it extremely hard to get a work out in that late so good on ya for still taking the time to get it in.
Old 08-16-2013, 07:32 AM   #215
Buff
Franchise Player

Exp:

I've been playing ice hockey at 10:45 at night for years and years so working out late at night is something I'm used to. The difference between hockey and DDP Yoga is that after hockey I'm wired and not able to sleep.
Old 08-19-2013, 04:09 PM   #216
Buff
Franchise Player

Exp:

What kind of a mat do you guys use? I'm looking at basic cheap ones from Canadian Tire or Sport Check but I don't think they are long enough for me. I've found longer ones but they are expensive. I can get a 10% discount on Manduka mats by using the ddpyoga coupon but they seem to be the best mats, hence really expensive. Is it worth it paying that much for a mat or will the cheaper mats be worth it if I can find one long enough?

I want one to prevent sweat from soaking up my carpet, but also to help prevent my feet from slipping too. I tried the kids play mats, the kind that interlock together, but they slipped like crazy and came apart really easy too. I also just tried to put a large towel under me but that got to be really annoying to keep in place.
Old 08-19-2013, 04:32 PM   #217
meanmachine13
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

I just ordered my copy today after having it recommended by my rheumatologist. Look forward to it arriving!
meanmachine13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 04:37 PM   #218
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
What kind of a mat do you guys use? I'm looking at basic cheap ones from Canadian Tire or Sport Check but I don't think they are long enough for me. I've found longer ones but they are expensive. I can get a 10% discount on Manduka mats by using the ddpyoga coupon but they seem to be the best mats, hence really expensive. Is it worth it paying that much for a mat or will the cheaper mats be worth it if I can find one long enough?

I want one to prevent sweat from soaking up my carpet, but also to help prevent my feet from slipping too. I tried the kids play mats, the kind that interlock together, but they slipped like crazy and came apart really easy too. I also just tried to put a large towel under me but that got to be really annoying to keep in place.
I ;picked up an everlast from Sears for 40 bucks, its about 7 feet long and I think 2 and a half feet wide, I don't slip on it even though its smooth surfaced and its got a wipe clean surface to get rid of the sweat.

Plus it doesn't have pictures of dolphins or teddy bears or astrological signs on it. Its just plan manly black.

The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 08-19-2013, 04:38 PM   #219
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by meanmachine13 View Post
I just ordered my copy today after having it recommended by my rheumatologist. Look forward to it arriving!
Take a couple of days and just do breathing and the Diamond dozen over and over again. Technique is everything in this program, especially how you lock down and create dynamic resistance to increase your heart rate.

Good luck, keep following this thread.

Old 08-19-2013, 04:45 PM   #220
meanmachine13
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Thank you for the tip!
meanmachine13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bang! , ddpyoga , guys do yoga too , not your mama's yoga , yrg