Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-25-2018, 09:29 PM   #1
T-Dog
Backup Goalie

Exp:
Default Parking Ticket (Out of Province)

Ok, so when I was visiting Saskatoon last week I was visiting with a friend for coffee. I paid for an hour of parking and when I came out about an hour and ten minutes later a parking officer was issuing me a ticket. Usually when this happens I would have thought they would give you a break, but no such luck this time (I was polite, but he was actually a real ass about it).

So my question: Do I need to pay a parking ticket from another city? I can't seem to find any info online about it so wondered if anyone here has had a similar experience. I believe speeding tickets, etc will catch up with you from another province, but not sure about parking tickets. Any thoughts?
T-Dog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 07:53 AM   #2
Split98
Franchise Player

Exp:

Was it city or privately owned?
Split98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 08:02 AM   #3
N-E-B
Franchise Player

Exp:

You don't have to pay it but you might get in trouble if you visit Saskatchewan again (assuming the ticket is from the city). If it's from the city I'd just bite the bullet and pay it to be safe.

If it's from Impark or a similar company throw it in the trash.
N-E-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 08:06 AM   #4
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

I wouldn't pay it and then see if you have to pay it when you renew your registration. I don't think most provinces have reciprocal agreements to allow these things. If anything you will have to pay an extra $10-20 down the road.
Weitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 10:26 AM   #5
T-Dog
Backup Goalie

Exp:

It’s a ticket from the City. $30 if I pay it now and $50 if I pay after 14 days. I’m mostly concerned about it being tied in to the Alberta registry and getting dinged when I renew my registration. (Although also don’t want to have problems if I’m ever pulled over in Saskatoon). Probably should just pay it but I’m still mad about it.
T-Dog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 10:27 AM   #6
EVERLAST
Franchise Player

Location: https://homestars.com/companies/2808346-keith-my-furnace-guy
Exp:

I'd just pay it. Be responsible for your own sake and do the right thing.

It may prevent future surprises at registry if you do end up having to pay it.
EVERLAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 12:01 PM   #7
DownhillGoat
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Dog View Post
It’s a ticket from the City. $30 if I pay it now and $50 if I pay after 14 days. I’m mostly concerned about it being tied in to the Alberta registry and getting dinged when I renew my registration.
It won't be tied to your AB registration. You may have a problem if you ever move or try to register in Saskatchewan.

That being said, it's $30 for piece-of-mind.
DownhillGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 01:11 PM   #8
Chump
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Dog View Post
It’s a ticket from the City. $30 if I pay it now and $50 if I pay after 14 days. I’m mostly concerned about it being tied in to the Alberta registry and getting dinged when I renew my registration. (Although also don’t want to have problems if I’m ever pulled over in Saskatoon). Probably should just pay it but I’m still mad about it.
I got a parking ticket in Saskatoon last summer and never paid it. I had no problem renewing my registration in Alberta.
Chump is offline   Reply With Quote